Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

GUNSHOP MACHO TURN-OFF

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    PatriotnMore
    Calguns Addict
    • Nov 2007
    • 7068

    Originally posted by dwa
    i thought it odd that someone would do only 3 years and have been in recon. in the army you cant get rip in your contract with a 3 year commitment. also he seemed to dance around questions.
    Yeah, that smells 3 shades of funky. I know there are guys claiming Navy SEAL all over the place, and they can actually be vetted fairly easy, as there is an actual SEAL database. Most other services, its who you know, and who knows you.
    My only point is/was, just because a guy is overweight, does not dis-qualify him as a BTDT cat, there may be health related issues as to why they are no longer, lean, and hard.
    ‎"If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the General Welfare, the Government is no longer a limited one, possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one, subject to particular exceptions."
    --James Madison
    'Letter to Edmund Pendleton', 1792

    Comment

    • #77
      PatriotnMore
      Calguns Addict
      • Nov 2007
      • 7068

      ^ Good post StormFeather, Stay safe Brother.
      ‎"If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the General Welfare, the Government is no longer a limited one, possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one, subject to particular exceptions."
      --James Madison
      'Letter to Edmund Pendleton', 1792

      Comment

      • #78
        Stormfeather
        Calguns Addict
        • Jan 2006
        • 7739

        Thank you, sometimes its nice to separate the wheat from the chaff.

        And for those that want to know, I was a 8654, AmphibReconMarine. I hate jumping out of planes. If you have a total equipment failure at 10,000 feet, you are at the mercy of gravity, If I have a equipment failure in the ocean. . .I swim. . .pretty simple huh? Gravity isnt as big of a factor!:P
        Originally posted by Soldier415
        I am naked except for seatless white chaps, a boonie hat and a tactical vest playing HALO.
        Originally posted by oaklander
        I don't like getting my butt kicked, but I would like to have it spanked by some big hairy guys!
        Originally posted by ohsmily
        I wouldn't put "mounting a weasel" past too many people on this forum.
        Originally posted by hoffmang
        Going after the NFA soon is like asking the girl you just met in the bar if she's into anal sex...
        -Gene

        Comment

        • #79
          PatriotnMore
          Calguns Addict
          • Nov 2007
          • 7068

          Originally posted by Stormfeather
          Thank you, sometimes its nice to separate the wheat from the chaff.

          And for those that want to know, I was a 8654, AmphibReconMarine. I hate jumping out of planes. If you have a total equipment failure at 10,000 feet, you are at the mercy of gravity, If I have a equipment failure in the ocean. . .I swim. . .pretty simple huh? Gravity isnt as big of a factor!:P
          Funny, if you've read Warrior Soul, it was a near death jump, which was a major factor, influencing him to say, maybe I've pushed my luck enough, and its time to get out.
          ‎"If Congress can do whatever in their discretion can be done by money, and will promote the General Welfare, the Government is no longer a limited one, possessing enumerated powers, but an indefinite one, subject to particular exceptions."
          --James Madison
          'Letter to Edmund Pendleton', 1792

          Comment

          • #80
            fourtyounce48
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2009
            • 764

            Originally posted by MAC USMC
            I an 74 years old, ex-Marine, retired police officer and a gun lover. I still can't understand the hot-dog, macho, superior, arrogant attitude I encounter in many gun shops. Some employees, not all, tend to present an image that turns off potential customers, especially those new to the gun world. Why can they not learn to project a positive image about the firearms industry?

            Most of us old-timers let the BS ride, make our purchase and leave. Recently, I have started responding to it politely. I simply ask: "Have you ever shot anyone?" They always say, "No". I tell them it might be wise to ease up on the attitude because many of us customers have had that experience several times and know a little about firearms. The silence is really rather rewarding.

            great response

            Comment

            • #81
              CSACANNONEER
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Dec 2006
              • 44094

              +++1.

              How many Calgunners are willing to work at a gun shop? Problem is none, so we end up with regular Joes working there.
              Dude, I did. When the shop closed, we had four PT employees who all had jobs which paid well over $50K a year with at least one of us (not me) making enough to have a +7K monthly mortgage and drive a new $80K car every year. We just liked to hang out there, making $7-$8 an hour and have the run of the shop and range. We all saw it more as a hobby than a job.
              NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
              California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
              Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
              Utah CCW Instructor


              Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

              sigpic
              CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

              KM6WLV

              Comment

              • #82
                Gator Monroe
                Banned
                • Oct 2007
                • 6422

                Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
                Dude, I did. When the shop closed, we had four PT employees who all had jobs which paid well over $50K a year with at least one of us (not me) making enough to have a +7K monthly mortgage and drive a new $80K car every year. We just liked to hang out there, making $7-$8 an hour and have the run of the shop and range. We all saw it more as a hobby than a job.
                Where is Deadeye ? (Your post seemed indicative of knowledge of his whereabouts)

                Comment

                • #83
                  RandyD
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 6673

                  Originally posted by Stormfeather
                  Thank you, sometimes its nice to separate the wheat from the chaff.

                  And for those that want to know, I was a 8654, AmphibReconMarine. I hate jumping out of planes. If you have a total equipment failure at 10,000 feet, you are at the mercy of gravity, If I have a equipment failure in the ocean. . .I swim. . .pretty simple huh? Gravity isnt as big of a factor!:P
                  Stormfeather,
                  I noted the SCUBA badge on your posts. I am also a former Recon Marine. What Battalions were you with and when? I was in 1st Recon 77-79 and 81-83 and 3rd recon 83-84.
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    RandyD
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Jan 2009
                    • 6673

                    Originally posted by dwa
                    a guy my gf works with is supposedly a former force recon marine. he says he did 3 years and now looks like he couldn't jog a half mile.
                    dwa, pm me the name, unit and time frame this guy claims to be in Force Recon. I belong to the Force Recon Association, and the guys on our net, enjoy exposing posers. These guys live to catch posers. I'll get back to you with the results.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      Gator Monroe
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2007
                      • 6422

                      Originally posted by RandyD
                      dwa, pm me the name, unit and time frame this guy claims to be in Force Recon. I belong to the Force Recon Association, and the guys on our net, enjoy exposing posers. These guys live to catch posers. I'll get back to you with the results.
                      some Hall of fame former NFL linebackers are now 175 lbs. (or less) and what hair they have left is grey.

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        RandyD
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Jan 2009
                        • 6673

                        Originally posted by Gator Monroe
                        some Hall of fame former NFL linebackers are now 175 lbs. (or less) and what hair they have left is grey.
                        I am not sure how your comment relates to my post since you quoted my post???

                        The weight and physical condition of the guy is irrelevant to me. Some of us have gained weight and that does not change the fact that we are what we are. What is relevant is the info I requested. Our association has a complete list of all former Recon Marines.
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #87
                          steelrain82
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 2009
                          • 3683

                          oh well i guess im not on that list than.


                          edit: back to the op i get that attitude every time i go to the local shop where i live. i really hate that place and the prices for everything are extremely overpriced. i still go just to oggle the guns. and every time i ask to see a pistol or something they they give me the look like i dont know how to handle it. ive never had a good experience there. the last time i went, i really needed cash, so i went to see what i could get for my enfield and a bn never fired .22 revolover. <---(pre-calguns) So i take it in then i realize the reveolver still has ammo in it. so i tell the guy before he takes the gun out of the case. he totally flips out and tells me how incompetent i am for not unloading it and how he couldve drawn on me for threatening his life. wtf. but than the manager comes out to see whats going on so i let him know. i have seen the guy there ever since. but the manager/owner said he'd give me $70 bucks for both. so obviously i didnt sell and im glad i didnt. after that i found uncle pauls which is a million times better.
                          Last edited by steelrain82; 09-24-2009, 11:39 PM.

                          Comment

                          • #88
                            RandyD
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Jan 2009
                            • 6673

                            Getting back to the original intent of this thread, since I was a boy, I used to enjoy going to stores that had firearms. Back then Sears and Mongomery Wards and many five and dime stores sold firearms. Anyway, my interest has decreased because of some of the attitudes that I have encountered. In the 80's I used to regularly attend the Great Western Gun Show in Pomoma, and I remember seeing a lot of Nazi crap. It wasn't the souveniers that bothered me but there were people there who advocated the Nazi ideology which I found offensive. Then many of the gun shows became inundated with items completely unrelated to firearms, like collectable dishes ect. Many gun shows ended up appearing like flea markets. In gun stores, I noted that many employees and customers had very disgruntled attitudes about life, and I particularly did not like listening to the numerous conversations about how someone would kill anyone who (fill in the blank). At the time, I was in the Marine Corps and could hardly be considered a peacenik, but I got tired of the rants. Another observation I have made over my lifetime, in the past firearms used to be more related to sporting related. In present day, the sporting purpose of firearms is not so apparent. Currently the emphasis is more on military, tactical, sniper type firearms, and I think this is what the antigun crowds exploit. As a result, I just naturally faded away from these venues.
                            Last edited by RandyD; 09-25-2009, 9:03 AM.
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #89
                              HowardW56
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Aug 2003
                              • 5901

                              Originally posted by MAC USMC
                              I an 74 years old, ex-Marine, retired police officer and a gun lover. I still can't understand the hot-dog, macho, superior, arrogant attitude I encounter in many gun shops. Some employees, not all, tend to present an image that turns off potential customers, especially those new to the gun world. Why can they not learn to project a positive image about the firearms industry?

                              Most of us old-timers let the BS ride, make our purchase and leave. Recently, I have started responding to it politely. I simply ask: "Have you ever shot anyone?" They always say, "No". I tell them it might be wise to ease up on the attitude because many of us customers have had that experience several times and know a little about firearms. The silence is really rather rewarding.

                              I think almost every gunshop employee needs a dose of that at one time or another....
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • #90
                                Gator Monroe
                                Banned
                                • Oct 2007
                                • 6422

                                Originally posted by RandyD
                                I am not sure how your comment relates to my post since you quoted my post???

                                The weight and physical condition of the guy is irrelevant to me. Some of us have gained weight and that does not change the fact that we are what we are. What is relevant is the info I requested. Our association has a complete list of all former Recon Marines.
                                There are former on the association list Recon Marines who are salt & pepper ponytail liberal out of shape skinny obama voters (without voter remorse) . It takes all kinds and the ones you would doubt(being on the list) the most are sometimes the ones with the most gravitas.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1