Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Warning: Full Auto Firearms!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jonathan Doe
    • Sep 2026

    Warning: Full Auto Firearms!

    I had an occassion to examine a firearm. It was an AR type. The rifle had complete full auto fire control system and drop in auto sear. And, OLL without magazine lock device. Of course it went full auto. I don't know the full circumstances of arrest/ confiscation of the firearm. But, the guy who had it will be in deep trouble for having a full auto firearm. The sear was the ones they sell in the Shotgun News for about $100.

    I know some gun owners and home made gunsmiths want to experiment with their firearms to make it full auto. DO NOT!!! There is no place you can try to test fire it full auto safely without bringing some attention. In my honest opinion, it is not worth the trouble.

    Full auto also will cost you a lot of money. When I was in FBI SWAT school, I fired most rounds in semi auto, because I can control and place the shots more accurately without losing too much time. Of course there are times you need to fire full auto, but then controlled burst fire is necessary, except when you have to bail out with your team.

    Do not make your firearms full auto, and do not try to make a silencers. Don't get into trouble.
  • #2
    Stanze
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 3301

    Was it a Doublestar lower? As far as I know they are the only ones with the "correct" rear shelf height to allow a DIAS.

    I hear ya on not doing illegal activities. It's bad enough for us folks that stay legal with uninformed LE.
    Constitutionally, officials cannot license or register a fundamental right.

    "It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority." - Benjamin Franklin


    "Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack." -Stanze

    Comment

    • #3
      chokeyourself!
      Banned
      • Jan 2008
      • 222

      I've done many things in Mojave desert that went unnoticed. But yeah having an illegally configured firearms at home is not worth it.

      Comment

      • #4
        Turbinator
        Administrator
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Oct 2005
        • 11960

        Thanks for helping us confirm that those DIAS work - I was always curious about that.

        Turby

        Comment

        • #5
          Jonathan Doe

          The receiver was not a Double Star. I also saw the device worked in other receivers. You are going to need full auto fire control system in order to make it work properly. So, do not keep those full auto parts in your rifle also.

          Comment

          • #6
            B Strong
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Feb 2009
            • 6367

            Originally posted by Turbinator
            Thanks for helping us confirm that those DIAS work - I was always curious about that.

            Turby
            That DIAS worked - lots of the ones that were for sale pre-86 were out-of-spec, some deliberately - hard to convict a guy for selling a "conversion kit" that wouldn't convert.

            Topgun's advice is very good, and any "experimenters" would do very well to listen and learn.
            The way some gunshop clerks spout off, you'd think that they invented gunpowder and the repeating rifle, and sat on the Supreme Court as well.
            ___________________________________________
            "An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
            - Jeff Cooper

            Check my current auctions on Gunbroker - user name bigbasscat - see what left California before Roberti-Roos

            Comment

            • #7
              Turbinator
              Administrator
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Oct 2005
              • 11960

              Originally posted by topgun7
              The receiver was not a Double Star. I also saw the device worked in other receivers. You are going to need full auto fire control system in order to make it work properly. So, do not keep those full auto parts in your rifle also.
              Hmm. I thought the DIAS basically just helps you disconnect the disconnector each time the bolt carrier moves forward into battery. For as long as you have the trigger held down, the hammer will keep falling as the BC goes into battery. My impression is that it turns your AR into FA only, or controlled bursts if you can control the trigger.

              Turby

              Comment

              • #8
                Matt C
                Calguns Addict
                • Feb 2006
                • 7128

                Originally posted by topgun7
                There is no place you can try to test fire it full auto safely without bringing some attention. In my honest opinion, it is not worth the trouble.
                FYI they don't know the difference between full auto and bumpfire.
                I do not provide legal services or practice law (yet).

                The troublemaker formerly known as Blackwater OPS.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Jonathan Doe

                  Originally posted by Turbinator
                  Hmm. I thought the DIAS basically just helps you disconnect the disconnector each time the bolt carrier moves forward into battery. For as long as you have the trigger held down, the hammer will keep falling as the BC goes into battery. My impression is that it turns your AR into FA only, or controlled bursts if you can control the trigger.

                  Turby
                  Full auto parts and the drop in auto sear will make your rifle capable of fire just like any select fire M-16's.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    professorhard
                    Senior Member
                    • Jun 2008
                    • 2328

                    From what i've seen in the military M-16s the auto sear when engaged trips the hammer up for a very minute amount of time so that the bolt has time to fully enter battery before the hammer is released and hits the firing pin again and fires
                    God, grant me the serenity
                    To accept the things I cannot change;
                    The courage to change the things I can;
                    And the wisdom to know the difference.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      DJMAN
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Apr 2006
                      • 1170

                      People on this forum don't do this. "We are Calguners" we know the difference.
                      Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws."

                      -- Edward Abbey, "Abbey's Road", 1979

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Jonathan Doe

                        Originally posted by DJMAN
                        People on this forum don't do this. "We are Calguners" we know the difference.
                        I am glad to know that. I hope no one on Calguns violate the law. We will fight the right way. By voting power I hope.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          B.D.Dubloon
                          Veteran Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 4873

                          Is it legal to have the full auto parts but not install them? I am thinking of getting the full auto ak parts from GB for like 20 bucks, just in case it ever becomes legal or I go somewhere I can use them. I won;t though if it is verboten.

                          BDD

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            rkt88edmo
                            Reptile&Samurai Moderator
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Dec 2002
                            • 10062

                            Originally posted by B.D.Dubloon
                            Is it legal to have the full auto parts but not install them? I am thinking of getting the full auto ak parts from GB for like 20 bucks, just in case it ever becomes legal or I go somewhere I can use them. I won;t though if it is verboten.

                            BDD

                            Just add shoestring

                            ETA: do not make a full auto firearm - buy one with the proper paper.
                            If it was a snake, it would have bit me.
                            Use the goog to search calguns

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              SJgunguy24
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • May 2008
                              • 14849

                              Originally posted by B.D.Dubloon
                              Is it legal to have the full auto parts but not install them? I am thinking of getting the full auto ak parts from GB for like 20 bucks, just in case it ever becomes legal or I go somewhere I can use them. I won;t though if it is verboten.

                              BDD
                              Be careful with that. Constructive possession is illegal by Federal law.
                              There are 3 kinds of people in this world.
                              The wise, learn from the mistakes of others.
                              The smart, learn from their own mistakes.
                              The others, well......they just never learn.

                              "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
                              Patrick Henry.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1