Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Colt USGI mags vs Magpul PMags

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    floogy
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 2741

    Originally posted by Carcassonne
    GI mags any day. I carried them when I was in the Army. I know how much abuse they can take.

    I do not know what you mean by Colt USGI mags. Colt AR mags held 20 rounds. USGI mags hold 30 rounds. The first USGI mags from the 1960's held 20 rounds, but I doubt you will find any, and if you do they are collector's items.



    .
    There were USGI 20 rounders with metal followers made by companies other than Colt later than the 60s. I need to check the manufacturer on those, but they were lost in a boating accident.

    Made by Universal.


    Another one.

    Comment

    • #17
      Tasty
      Senior Member
      • May 2011
      • 1829

      Where's the poll??

      Pmags for me. The USGI mags that I have gave me some problems until I put Magpul followers in them.
      As the great warrior poet Ice Cube once said "If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

      Comment

      • #18
        Jimi Jah
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jan 2014
        • 19226

        Pmags are easier on the lower's finish. It doesn't take the ano off.

        I wish they would make them for 6.5 Grendel and 7.62x39.

        Comment

        • #19
          Bansh88
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2009
          • 2500

          I prefer GI mags with Magpul followers.

          Though I thought Magpuls were the raddest looking magazine when they came out, I think the bandwagon has changed my tastes and I prefer not to use them on that basis alone. I have 4-10 of them. Not even sure what cans they are in.

          Comment

          • #20
            FeuerFrei
            Calguns Addict
            • Aug 2008
            • 7455

            I like Magpul mags in the 30rd flavor and never had any problems with them other than the occasional tight fit in some mag wells. Wouldn't drop free.
            My favorite metal mags were/are NHMTG w/Magpul followers.
            They always work and fit in everything. Drop free too.

            While in CA:
            I do not possess any non-CA compliant mags as per the BOF, KFC, BMW, BFD, AED, RFID, FDIC, DOT, DMV etc., or any other pezzonovante regulatory agency either real or imagined and I always comply with whatever the state says i should do regardless of whether or not my constitutional rights are being violated by law or regulation on an ongoing basis.

            All hail the state!
            Last edited by FeuerFrei; 10-26-2017, 9:27 AM. Reason: spelling derp

            Comment

            • #21
              langss
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2009
              • 929

              Originally posted by FeuerFrei

              While in CA:
              I do not possess any non-CA compliant mags as per the BOF, KFC, BMW, BFD, AED, RFID, FDIC, DOT, DMV etc., or any other pezzonovante regulatory agency either real or imagined and I always comply with whatever the state says i should do regardless of whether or not my constitutional rights are being violated by law or regulation on an ongoing basis.

              All hail the state!
              This Man Knows..... I wish I had said it first.

              Comment

              • #22
                russ69
                Calguns Addict
                • Nov 2009
                • 9348

                Back in the day the Colt branded 20 round magazines ran 100% and were the go to magazine. Mine never missed a beat. I wonder why that changed?
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #23
                  baekacaek
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2014
                  • 631

                  Pmags for me as well. They both work for me, but aluminum mags always manage to scratch something and leave a streak mark.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Exile Machine
                    No longer in Business
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 9551

                    What, no love for Pro-Mags?
                    Manufacturer of CA AWB Compliance Products from Oct 2009 to Nov 2018

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      heyjerr
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Feb 2008
                      • 1187

                      Pmags just work. Not saying you can't find other mags that don't, but metal mags can easily bend if dropped the wrong way and then reliability goes out the door.

                      Also, pmags don't need replacement followers to work.

                      Like a Glock, Pmags don't need to be sexy but they get the job done every time.
                      Do not try and bend the spoon, that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth...there is no spoon.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        230infantry
                        Member
                        • Jun 2013
                        • 486

                        I love both honestly. I have several pmags and several usgi mags. All of them run great.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          jonnyt16
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2009
                          • 1749

                          Pmags in OD Green for me. Don't know why but I have to have them in OD Green. Sadly, Magpul has discontinued them! Glad I bought a few dozen back in the day. Also, Lancer L5 mags in dark smoke.

                          My DDM4V7 SLW with both...



                          Comment

                          • #28
                            hunter19
                            Junior Member
                            • Oct 2017
                            • 3

                            Pmag is better

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Endless
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2010
                              • 1881

                              The best mags for me are the black HK steel magazines. They are superior to Colt and Magpul mags but the price isn’t the greatest. They range from $49.99- $300.00 a magazine.

                              Colt and Magpul mags are equal in my opinion. If you want to look tacticool then go Magpul. If you want the og look go Colt. Both work just fine.
                              Last edited by Endless; 10-27-2017, 10:51 PM.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                StuckInTheP.R.O.Ca
                                Veteran Member
                                • Feb 2013
                                • 2995

                                Originally posted by floogy
                                There were USGI 20 rounders with metal followers made by companies other than Colt later than the 60s. I need to check the manufacturer on those, but they were lost in a boating accident.

                                Made by Universal.


                                Another one.
                                I have one exactly like the top photo. Still works great. I also have some old Okay and Parson 30's. I replaced the followers with Magpul in those but still oem on the 20.
                                Last edited by StuckInTheP.R.O.Ca; 10-27-2017, 10:57 PM.
                                __________________________________________________ _____________




                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1