Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Magazines fall out

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    langss
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 929

    Originally posted by HawkMan
    I found a way to fix the issue; however, I do not consider it to be the best method.

    I used a Flathead screwdriver to pry out the top of the hole in the magazine where the magazine catch catches.
    On the left is the modified magazine and the right has an original magazine.
    Magazine Picture (Imgur Link)

    The better method which is what I would like is a magazine catch that extends out more. I'm currently using the magazine catch which came with the Palmetto State Armory Classic Lower Parts Kit.
    Magazine Catch Picture (Imgur Link)
    Wow.....That is "Harsh". I understand your problem, I remember having the Magazine Catch screwed in too tight and you could not get regular AR mags in or out unless you unscrewed it a bunch. With the Magazine bent out like that I don't think it would even slide into my gun. Other people have posted that the "Colt" catch is thicker....I don't think this is true. I have read several threads that say Original Colt 9mm Mags fit the same as aftermarket(ASC) and work the same depending on how the gun is configured. Unfortunately toddh http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1098494 got Banned. He may have been a little harsh with is reply's, but he knew his way around these guns. I would give screwing the Mag Catch in as far as it would go before I pried on any more of your Mag's Just a though..... are you using a Bullet Button....Seems to me they had fewer threads in the nut....Just a thought.

    Comment

    • #17
      HawkMan
      Senior Member
      • May 2016
      • 549

      Originally posted by langss
      Wow.....That is "Harsh". I understand your problem, I remember having the Magazine Catch screwed in too tight and you could not get regular AR mags in or out unless you unscrewed it a bunch. With the Magazine bent out like that I don't think it would even slide into my gun. Other people have posted that the "Colt" catch is thicker....I don't think this is true. I have read several threads that say Original Colt 9mm Mags fit the same as aftermarket(ASC) and work the same depending on how the gun is configured. Unfortunately toddh http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1098494 got Banned. He may have been a little harsh with is reply's, but he knew his way around these guns. I would give screwing the Mag Catch in as far as it would go before I pried on any more of your Mag's Just a though..... are you using a Bullet Button....Seems to me they had fewer threads in the nut....Just a thought.
      I believe there are some extended magazine catches, the only place I've seen them are here:
      RRA 9MM MAGAZINE CATCH
      SPIKES TACTICAL MAG CATCH - 9MM ONLY

      I'm going to buy one of those and try it out.

      Comment

      • #18
        langss
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2009
        • 929

        Originally posted by HawkMan
        I believe there are some extended magazine catches, the only place I've seen them are here:
        RRA 9MM MAGAZINE CATCH
        SPIKES TACTICAL MAG CATCH - 9MM ONLY

        I'm going to buy one of those and try it out.
        I admit its cheap enough to give it a shot, so I'm going to hope that solves your problem. I just compared a mag catch that came in a Stag Lower Parts Kit(which is whats in my 9mm) with the one in a Palmetto Parts Kit I used to build my last AR, and they measure the same, look the same....finish is a little different, and they both look just like the pictures you linked to. Now we have no way of measuring the picture, so I really hope your not buying a pig in a poke. But again.... they are cheap enough. I wish you lived closer. Good Luck.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1