Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Worth going to Miwall warehouse sale?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ????? ????
    Senior Member
    • May 2014
    • 991

    Worth going to Miwall warehouse sale?

    So is it worth going to the annual Miwall warehouse sale? Flyer is at http://miwallcorp.com/wp-content/upl...2017-Flyer.pdf

    It would be a couple of hours' drive for me and from reading other threads it seems to be waiting in long lines for not that great prices. But then again, I still have money and I need to stock up before the year is out.
  • #2
    Pardini
    Senior Member
    • May 2014
    • 1204

    The vast .majority of the stuff is the same price they have at gun shows. They do have some odds and ends stuff at good prices.

    Get there we'll before they open on day one so you can draw an early number and get in in one of the first groups, otherwise the bargains will be gone and you will be standing in the parking lot for hours waiting to get in.
    Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
    Excellent! I am thinking about it as well and I only have 4 points and an unfortunate "match bump" up to expert classification where I am far less "competitive" with my peers there.

    Comment

    • #3
      Jimmy's
      Veteran Member
      • May 2016
      • 2600

      Put that money towards a loading set up and be waaaaaay ahead of ever buying factory ammo again.

      Comment

      • #4
        baggss
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
        • Mar 2013
        • 3439

        Hmmmmm. I'm already going to be in Fresno that weekend.....

        NRA Lifetime Member : CalGuns Lifetime Member : GOA Lifetime Member

        Comment

        • #5
          Jimi Jah
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jan 2014
          • 19264

          It's cheaper on line and no CA sales tax. Free shipping is also easy to get.

          Miwall will make their money back after January.

          Comment

          • #6
            nedro
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2014
            • 4130

            40 blazer at 7.50 looks good, but not good enough to spend $50 on gas and a wasted day.
            If I knew what safes they were selling and at what price, I would certainly take a hard look.

            Comment

            • #7
              Inkman
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2005
              • 1116

              Nope.

              Al
              Various 1911s.
              Some revolvers.
              Some rifles.
              Back to owning some of those "polymer" guns.

              They see me rollin'
              They hatin'

              Comment

              • #8
                riprap
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2009
                • 842

                Lots of factory firearms reps at their range next door on the same day; great opportunity to try out some new iron at a very reasonable price and some decent promo pricing. Grab a Ruben at the Afternoon Deli in town. Absolute best.
                One of the coolest things about this sale are the Boy Scout volunteers that help you carry your ammo purchases back to your vehicle. Make sure to tip them!
                Last edited by riprap; 06-13-2017, 7:12 PM.

                Comment

                • #9
                  SG29736
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2009
                  • 1163

                  What time do you need to get there?. Or is it jammed all day?

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    THBailey
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2011
                    • 737

                    Originally posted by SG29736
                    What time do you need to get there?. Or is it jammed all day?
                    If your going to go, you want to get there at first light, if not a little earlier.
                    THBailey


                    As Will Rogers once said:
                    "Everyone is ignorant, only in different subjects."

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      not-fishing
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 2270

                      My son and I hit Miwall this morning, a little father / son time for Father's Day weekend. We got there at 7:10 and was in at 10:10. The Range opened up at 9:00 with some decent pistols that went fast.

                      We picked up 8 lbs H4895 for $170, win s primes @ $24, CRE 223 @ $25 and Power Pistol for $25. Not great prices but decent given the increase in all costs. They seem to have less stock for sale.

                      Crowds were much smaller, unlike when Obama was President. I wonder what Miwall's going to do next year when the new ammo restrictions take place.
                      Spreading the WORD according to COLT. and Smith, Wesson, Ruger, HK, Sig, High Standard, Browning

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        coy80176
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2010
                        • 1917

                        Yes!!!

                        If you like a scene of long lines for ok prices

                        It's an experience.


                        "When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power... like God must feel when he's holding a gun." - Homer

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1