Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Project Ammo Storage!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Nor*Cal
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2011
    • 2687

    Nice OP. I've been thinking of doing the same but not sure I want to give-up the garage space.

    Comment

    • #17
      onelonehorseman
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2012
      • 4888

      Looks good OP!

      I would definitely get rid of the wheels though. Just put it on 4 x 4 wood once you've decided where it will stay.

      The foundation bolts are a good idea.

      If you push it against the garage wall, you can drill a couple 1/2' or 9/16' holes in the back and bolt it through some wall studs with lag bolts from the inside.

      Even though it will be very heavy with the ammo, make sure it can't be moved easily by some determined thieves.
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #18
        desertrider
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2007
        • 1465

        Damn good job!

        Comment

        • #19
          FourT6and2
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2012
          • 1928

          Nice! I would definitely put some grating or something in the bottom so air can get under the boxes, though.
          Last edited by FourT6and2; 04-19-2017, 4:46 PM.

          Comment

          • #20
            omega
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2005
            • 3114

            I would have disguised it to look like something else so a casual observer wouldnt notice it right away.

            mark the outside: paint , solvents, weed killer, gardening supplies, so people think it just has household maintenance supplies inside.

            then if it has a pad lock on it, they will just think it's for child safety and not something of value.


            the way it looks now it screams guns & ammo supplies inside, and a thief would definitely look inside.
            Last edited by omega; 04-19-2017, 9:33 AM.

            Comment

            • #21
              Calico1404
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2016
              • 3401

              Now if only there was a way to SuperSize that box.

              Very nice OP

              Comment

              • #22
                SonofWWIIDI
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Nov 2011
                • 21583

                Very nice OP.
                Sorry, not sorry.
                🎺

                Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

                Comment

                • #23
                  OlderThanDirt
                  FUBAR
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 6003

                  Looks nice. I would like to order 20 boxes to start with.
                  We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, but they are still lying. ~ Solzhenitsyn
                  Thermidorian Reaction . . Prepare for it.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Bansh88
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 2500

                    That would just hold my AK magazine collection

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      DDRH
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 2756

                      Nice AMMO Box, do they sell at Costco?

                      off topic, looks like your garage floor is epoxied/poly. May i ask how much it cost?

                      I'm getting mine done through premier garage. but they are 3 weeks booked.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        calif 15-22
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Jan 2012
                        • 6049

                        Nice job OP. I did something similar but went with a paint to match my safe.



                        Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
                        It's one thing to question everything . . . It's entirely another thing to reject simple, rational explanations in favor of ever more fantastic and far reaching explanations because you've decided the government cannot be trusted.
                        Originally posted by Hoooper
                        Anyone who says the American dream requires a specific pay range doesn't understand the meaning of the American dream
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          AdidasCJ
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2011
                          • 1135

                          Originally posted by Illumi Naughty
                          Good job! Now that you have enough room for all your .22LR ammo, where are you going to put the 9mm, .45, .40, .223, .308, 12ga, 10mm,, .357, .44Mag, etc... A Job Box for each caliber! Do they make a job box that nests other job boxes?
                          I DO want to dump all the 22 in a bin and swim through it like scrooge mcduck! LOL

                          Originally posted by DDRH
                          Nice AMMO Box, do they sell at Costco?

                          off topic, looks like your garage floor is epoxied/poly. May i ask how much it cost?

                          I'm getting mine done through premier garage. but they are 3 weeks booked.
                          I did the floor myself. Biggest thing is PREP PREP PREP!!!!

                          Originally posted by calif 15-22
                          Nice job OP. I did something similar but went with a paint to match my safe.




                          I almost left mine black as well... but figured Gears of War!!!!
                          'socialism is fine, until you run out of other peoples money'

                          -Maggie Thatcher

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Brush Guard
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2015
                            • 888

                            I see you’re not the type to just sit around and watch TV.

                            One can tell so much about a person from their spare time accomplishments.

                            Your wife is lucky.

                            Nice work on the box. Creative.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              tuolumnejim
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Jun 2008
                              • 11198

                              My buddies kids bought him one for his ammo, it looks to work fine.
                              In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.
                              Publius Cornelius Scipio

                              Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.
                              ― Thomas Jefferson

                              Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
                              John Adams

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                AdidasCJ
                                Senior Member
                                • Jun 2011
                                • 1135

                                Thanks All. Now that its to this point... I keep looking at it like... "I need a light kit for it..." But than i remember i open it and the garage light fills it... I am thinking of doing something on the underside of the lid to hold some knifes and such/....
                                'socialism is fine, until you run out of other peoples money'

                                -Maggie Thatcher

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1