Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Project Ammo Storage!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • AdidasCJ
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2011
    • 1135

    Project Ammo Storage!

    Had to get the ammo out of the closet as the wife was getting mad it was infiltrating her side and her shoes.... SOOOO instead of arguing, (as it is well known that is a LOSING argument from the START) I set out after a different storage area. Found the Job Box ammo storage idea and a guy from AR15.com that gave me some inspiration for paint!

    Found the box for 200 with casters and locks from a guy around the corner at a yard sale. New safe wasnt practiable at this point as I am planning a move from the god forsaken state, so i didnt want to buy a big safe (that I am eyeing) and than have to move the damn thing AGAIN. So ill wait on the safe till I get to the USA. But I was OFF TO THE RACES with the job box!

    Got her home:



    Cleaning her up and stripping her down:



    OH OH Paint:



    HAD to do something with the inside:




    FINISHED:





    Best part is when its time to load the uhaul... we will push this bad boy in and ammo is loaded! OH and the wife is happy! Happy wife means more guns and ammo for me!!!! WIN WIN!
    'socialism is fine, until you run out of other peoples money'

    -Maggie Thatcher
  • #2
    bronco75a
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2016
    • 659

    Very nice.

    Mine too were getting out of control especially with my stockpiling due to internet sales ending by late December. I went the shelving route and will just place my ammo cans on the 5 shelves and hope they can handle the weight. The unit arrives in the mail on Friday.

    Comment

    • #3
      Cali74
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      • Apr 2012
      • 266

      I like it and have my own job box for the same use.

      However...
      If its that easy for you to haul off, how easy will it be for a burglar?
      Bolt it down if you can
      WTB....
      Sig P220 Match Elite 10mm
      Glock 40 G4
      Dan Wesson Razorback or Silverback
      RIA TAC Ultra

      Comment

      • #4
        nstoolman1
        Member
        • Dec 2010
        • 279

        Nice job.
        When I moved I put the 360# of lead in a box on wheels and it rolled right up into the moving van. Wheels make it so much easier.

        Comment

        • #5
          AdidasCJ
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2011
          • 1135

          Originally posted by Cali74
          I like it and have my own job box for the same use.

          However...
          If its that easy for you to haul off, how easy will it be for a burglar?
          Bolt it down if you can
          For the time being, it is getting bolted to the house foundation. THat way they will have to atleast put SOME effort into getting it. Plus I made sure its kinda camouflaged as not to draw outright attention. Nothing is completely fullproof... but atleast its just not lose 50 cal cans.
          'socialism is fine, until you run out of other peoples money'

          -Maggie Thatcher

          Comment

          • #6
            SoCalTeach
            Member
            • May 2016
            • 133

            That looks awesome! Thinking about going that route myself. How did u go about lining the inside? What type of material is that and where did you get it? Great job!

            Comment

            • #7
              AdidasCJ
              Senior Member
              • Jun 2011
              • 1135

              Originally posted by SoCalTeach
              That looks awesome! Thinking about going that route myself. How did u go about lining the inside? What type of material is that and where did you get it? Great job!
              Thanks. It is the same carpet I lined my safe with when I redid it. You get it at Homedepot in their big roll area where they cut it for you. Fairly cheap per sqft. Used locktit spray adhesive (Dont get the cheaper spray glue... it SUCKS).
              'socialism is fine, until you run out of other peoples money'

              -Maggie Thatcher

              Comment

              • #8
                vintagearms
                Calguns Addict
                • Jan 2009
                • 6841

                Nice job!

                Comment

                • #9
                  mycrstuff
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 1428

                  When you fill that up you won't be able to move it. A full 50 cal can weighs around 40 lbs. if you put 20-25 cans in that your looking at 800-1000 lbs. I don't think the bearings on the castors will take that.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Spyder
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 17275

                    I've got several truck toolboxes I picked up for cheap at yardsales for the same thing. Work great! They managed to keep water out during all of this winters torrential downpours, so I guess they're good enough. Condensation builds with temp change of course, but everything that moisture can damage is inside a secondary waterproof container inside the boxes.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Spyder
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 17275

                      ...I recommend putting some sort of system in to slightly raise anything off the very bottom of it, for the condensation thing. 1/4" square steel bars would work. Or a couple of 1x2's. Or whatever.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Illumi Naughty
                        Member
                        • Dec 2015
                        • 365

                        Good job! Now that you have enough room for all your .22LR ammo, where are you going to put the 9mm, .45, .40, .223, .308, 12ga, 10mm,, .357, .44Mag, etc... A Job Box for each caliber! Do they make a job box that nests other job boxes?

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          sixoclockhold
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2012
                          • 4040

                          Very nice handy work. It came out fantastic.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Mr. Beretta
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Dec 2005
                            • 6614

                            Looks great. Congrats!

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              CalArkansas
                              Member
                              • Oct 2016
                              • 271

                              Originally posted by Illumi Naughty
                              Good job! Now that you have enough room for all your .22LR ammo, where are you going to put the 9mm, .45, .40, .223, .308, 12ga, 10mm,, .357, .44Mag, etc... A Job Box for each caliber! Do they make a job box that nests other job boxes?
                              Now that is funny! Made me laugh out loud!

                              This is an awesome box and now I want one!!! Shoot, I wish I had a container and space for it!
                              Member of NRA, CRPA , GOA
                              Owns guns by Glock, Kimber, Rock Island, Sig Sauer, Springfield, Savage, Winchester... Heritage, Anderson... Crosman/Benjamin

                              My fishing and Outdoors channel on YouTube http://YouTube.com/JaimeAstin

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1