I didn't see any thread like this, so I'll start it. I just mailed out my Form 1 yesterday (3/15/17). I'll update it once they charge my card then once I get it back to give you guys an idea on how long the process is currently taking. Wish me luck, I hope it comes back soon.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Form 1 wait time
Collapse
X
-
I submitted a Form 1 on June 23rd 2016... it was just approved on March 7th. Oddly enough, I submitted a second one on June 24th, and it has yet to be approved.

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"
You can trust me. I'm aarecrooman...aircroomen...airecrewmen... I fly on planes. -
You're gonna be waitin til next year!
Originally posted by BTF/PTMStay black, don't fake the funk. Peace out, yall.Comment
-
Adding my own stuff to give others some perspective.
Form 4 Individual - Suppressor
Check Cashed Date: 8/4/16
Status: Approved - 7/25/17
Form 4 Individual - Suppressor
Check Cashed Date: 4/19/17
Status: Approved - 10/11/17
Form 4 Individual - Suppressor
Check Cashed Date: 10/4/17
Status: PendingLast edited by ZNiner; 10-16-2017, 5:02 PM.sigpicComment
-
Called the ATF NFA branch today and got word that my Form 4 had been approved. Still need my stamp to be sent to my dealer and then pick it up but the greatest hurdle for this suppressor has finally been passed. I edited my previous post to reflect this change.
This form 4 was for a .22 Dead Air Mask.sigpicComment
-
Waiting on my December form 4, called today and guess what...... Still pending
Originally posted by Bobby RiciglianoI like FDE because when I pose for pictures with my FDE guns it makes me look more like an operator.Originally posted by Nutnfancy"Preserve your gat"Comment
-
Individual or Trust?
I have heard trust approvals are lagging far behind individual form 4's by a lot. It seems trust approvals are coming in from September 2016 while individual approvals are coming in from February & March of 2017.
My check cashed date for my last suppressor was 10/5/17. It will be the last suppressor I buy for a very long time. I'm stopping at 1 dedicated rimfire can, 1 dedicated rifle, and 1 dedicated centerfire pistol suppressor and calling that itch scratched.Last edited by ZNiner; 10-10-2017, 6:14 PM.sigpicComment
-
IndividualIndividual or Trust?
I have heard trust approvals are lagging far behind individual form 4's by a lot. It seems trust approvals are coming in from September 2016 while individual approvals are coming in from February & March of 2017.
My check cashed date for my last suppressor was 10/5/17. It will be the last suppressor I buy for a very long time. I'm stopping at 1 dedicated rimfire can, 1 dedicated rifle, and 1 dedicated centerfire pistol suppressor and calling that itch scratched.Originally posted by Bobby RiciglianoI like FDE because when I pose for pictures with my FDE guns it makes me look more like an operator.Originally posted by Nutnfancy"Preserve your gat"Comment
-
Well that stinks. The ATF slow walk when it comes to form 4/form 1 approvals is incredibly lame. They had a built in excuse of Pre 41P rush of submissions causing a 1 year wait time for approvals.
We are getting close to 1.5 years post 41P, with a significant decrease in suppressor sales and they still seem to be taking forever to approve form 1's/form 4's.Last edited by ZNiner; 10-11-2017, 5:33 AM.sigpicComment
-
Well that stinks. The ATF slow walk when it comes to form 4/form 1 approvals is incredibly lame. They had a built in excuse of Pre 41P rush of submissions causing a 1 year wait time for approvals.
We are getting close to 1.5 years post 41P, with a significant decrease in suppressor sales and they still seem to be taking forever to approve form 1's/form 4's.
Yeah it does. You wanna know what the real kick in the balls is? I know my form 4 will be returned for correction, back in May I got a call from the dealer saying my finger print cards were returned with someone else's denied paperwork.Originally posted by Bobby RiciglianoI like FDE because when I pose for pictures with my FDE guns it makes me look more like an operator.Originally posted by Nutnfancy"Preserve your gat"Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,487
Posts: 25,148,270
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,908
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 18682 users online. 103 members and 18579 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment