Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

ammo storage

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    CandG
    Spent $299 for this text!
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Apr 2014
    • 16970

    Also, I tend to only buy 2 different types of ammo for each caliber - bulk, and defensive/match-grade. I've noticed some people have like 20 different kinds of ammo for the same caliber - different brands, bullets, casing type, etc. It's a lot harder to keep everything organized in that case. For me, once I find bulk ammo I like, and a defensive or match-grade ammo I like, I just buy a whole ton of only those two, and shoot off the rest of them. I don't see the point in hanging on to ammo that I don't like as much. So I don't really have to worry too much about keeping it all organized and labeled. It's sort of like a "minimalist approach" to ammo hoarding
    Last edited by CandG; 02-27-2017, 12:18 PM.
    Settle down, folks. The new "ghost gun" regulations probably don't do what you think they do.


    Comment

    • #32
      kcheung2
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2012
      • 4387

      Originally posted by ucladude101


      I keep most of mine in original boxes just in case I ever have to sell them it would be easier for me or my family if I die


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I think you have a fire on the bottom of your safe. Either that or a super compact sun.
      ---------------------
      "There is no "best." If there was, everyone here would own that one, and no other." - DSB

      Comment

      • #33
        StoneCold52
        Junior Member
        • Feb 2017
        • 18

        Copy that



        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

        Comment

        • #34
          sigstroker
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jan 2009
          • 19896

          Originally posted by Calico1404
          Do they sell those containers by the dozen? Lol

          Good work OP looks nice and organized
          Heh, yeah I would need a few, at least.

          I keep mine in original boxes, belts, whatever. Some of it is hard to find, and if you pull it apart, it loses it's provenance and a lot of value. I had a bunch of original M60 and M249 belts and the idiot thief that stole it pulled it all apart. Tore open a bunch of military match ammo in original boxes and threw it into cans. I'm surprised he didn't cut open more of my battle packs. He was caught but he still devalued much of the ammo that was recovered.

          Comment

          • #35
            E92335i
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2013
            • 2937

            I keep mine in original boxes.

            Comment

            • #36
              Bt Doctur
              Member
              • Jan 2010
              • 471

              In multiple locations, friends, relatives, etc.above and below ground in LTS containers,desicant and nitrogen filled

              Comment

              • #37
                GW
                I need a LIFE!!
                • May 2004
                • 16078

                I keep my ammo in it's original packaging, then put that in ammo cans with a dessicant. Reloads are stored loose in a labelled ammo can.
                sigpicNRA Benefactor Member

                Comment

                • #38
                  JRJR
                  Junior Member
                  • Dec 2015
                  • 49

                  Half loose, half boxed in ammo cans with a few desiccant packs. Costco had a sale on 50/30cal at a decent price. Wish I bought more.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Tripper
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Jan 2011
                    • 7628

                    Originally posted by JRJR
                    Half loose, half boxed in ammo cans with a few desiccant packs. Costco had a sale on 50/30cal at a decent price. Wish I bought more.

                    They still have them, I try to grab a set each time I go.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    WTB NAA Belt Buckle
                    MILITARY STRETCHER/RADIATION DETECTION KIT

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      JRJR
                      Junior Member
                      • Dec 2015
                      • 49

                      Originally posted by Tripper
                      They still have them, I try to grab a set each time I go.


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Will have to check my costco again then haha

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        CoopsDad
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2013
                        • 1710

                        I store everything in "fat .50" cans; factory ammo stays in factory boxes in the cans along with a big dessicant bag and a ziplock baggie with the ammo's receipts. Bulk gets dumped into their own cans along with a big dessicant bag and a ziplock baggie with the receipt inside. I label each can on top with painters tape and a marker as to the can's contents. All the cans go into a Knaack job box.

                        I have another rifle lockbox- the $99 special at Turners- that I built shelves for, and that's where I keep all my primers and powder. Bullets, cases and dies stay on the reloading bench.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          CandG
                          Spent $299 for this text!
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Apr 2014
                          • 16970

                          The common denominator I'm seeing here so far is that almost everyone is putting their ammo in metal cans with desiccant, the only variable is how the ammo is organized within each can, and how the cans themselves get stored

                          The way I see it, our military has been storing ammo in those cans for the better part of a century, to great success, so why change now
                          Settle down, folks. The new "ghost gun" regulations probably don't do what you think they do.


                          Comment

                          • #43
                            wpage
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Jan 2011
                            • 6072

                            Since all my early 1940's stuff still has never had a fail. I do not think much about it. Good ammo lasts a very long time...
                            God so loved the world He gave His only Son... Believe in Him and have everlasting life.
                            John 3:16

                            NRA,,, Lifer

                            United Air Epic Fail Video ...

                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u99Q7pNAjvg

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1