Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

ammo storage

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • God.Then.Guns
    Member
    • Jun 2016
    • 231

    ammo storage

    do you keep ammo loose in an ammo can? in the box in an ammo can? or just in boxes?
  • #2
    Dee_Dub
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2011
    • 2097

    Loose in the can
    A man's GOT to know his limitations.

    Comment

    • #3
      jeffyhog
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2010
      • 2759

      I keep it in the original boxes so I know exactly what it is.

      Comment

      • #4
        johnnyh75
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2012
        • 1124

        air tight ammo can then label what caliber and silica pack inside

        Comment

        • #5
          calif 15-22
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Jan 2012
          • 6049

          Originally posted by God.Then.Guns
          do you keep ammo loose in an ammo can? in the box in an ammo can? or just in boxes?
          I had to finally get serious about ammo storage. I keep ammo in the small round boxed within ammo cans unless bulk buy then in plastic bag within ammo can. I bought a Ridgid Constuction Box from Home Depot and painted it to match my safe.

          All the ammo cans are in the bottom and boxes on top. $295 for the Ridgid and 5 cans of primer and paint.





          Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
          It's one thing to question everything . . . It's entirely another thing to reject simple, rational explanations in favor of ever more fantastic and far reaching explanations because you've decided the government cannot be trusted.
          Originally posted by Hoooper
          Anyone who says the American dream requires a specific pay range doesn't understand the meaning of the American dream
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            golfish
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Mar 2013
            • 10126

            Originally posted by calif 15-22
            I had to finally get serious about ammo storage. I keep ammo in the small round boxed within ammo cans unless bulk buy then in plastic bag within ammo can. I bought a Ridgid Constuction Box from Home Depot and painted it to match my safe.

            All the ammo cans are in the bottom and boxes on top. $295 for the Ridgid and 5 cans of primer and paint.





            These make a nice coffee table
            It takes a lot of balls to play golf the way I do.
            Happiness is a warm gun.

            MLC, First 3

            Comment

            • #7
              AreWeFree
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2013
              • 4558

              Originally posted by God.Then.Guns
              do you keep ammo loose in an ammo can? in the box in an ammo can? or just in boxes?
              yes, yes, and yes.

              Comment

              • #8
                Calico1404
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2016
                • 3401

                Do they sell those containers by the dozen? Lol

                Good work OP looks nice and organized

                Comment

                • #9
                  ucladude101
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2015
                  • 741



                  I keep most of mine in original boxes just in case I ever have to sell them it would be easier for me or my family if I die


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    rauldelga
                    Member
                    • Feb 2017
                    • 155

                    I keep mine in the boxes. Mostly because its easy to say "I feel like taking X rounds to the range today". I could dump them all in an ammo can, but i'm afraid i won't realize how many i've shot!
                    Last edited by rauldelga; 02-26-2017, 6:08 PM.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Guns and guitars
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2012
                      • 1548

                      Loose in a 50cal can with a desiccant.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Wordupmybrotha
                        From anotha motha
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Oct 2013
                        • 6965

                        I keep mine in original factory boxes since I haven't started reloading yet. Had the reloading eq for a year and still haven't set it up yet.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Divernhunter
                          Calguns Addict
                          • May 2010
                          • 8753

                          I keep mine all 3 ways.
                          I also use the plastic ammo boxes.
                          I reload as well as have factory ammo so there is not set way.
                          A 30cal will reach out and touch them. A 50cal will kick their butt.
                          NRA Life Member, NRA certified RSO & Basic Pistol Instructor, Hunter, shooter, reloader
                          SCI, Manteca Sportsmen Club, Coalinga Rifle Club, Escalon Sportsmans Club, Waterford Sportsman Club & NAHA Member, Madison Society member

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            lakersfan
                            Member
                            • Apr 2015
                            • 499

                            Original boxes so I know what brand and grain I'm using.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Tripper
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Jan 2011
                              • 7628

                              just FYI: 6x555 plus 6x333 winchester bulk boxes fit perfectly inside a .50 ammo can from costco
                              WTB NAA Belt Buckle
                              MILITARY STRETCHER/RADIATION DETECTION KIT

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1