Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Grant Cardone Points Gun at Camera. Ethical?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    71MUSTY
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2014
    • 7029

    Originally posted by L84CABO
    You're going to have to help me understand how this is even remotely unethical? And how is this any different than what Hollywood does with guns? The only problem I see here is if there is actually a live person behind the camera or he didn't clear the weapon. And since we don't know, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt an assume he's being safe. Heck, for all we know he was in the middle of dry fire practice and decided to snap a photo of it and post it. Moreover, I'm done caring what the damn anti 2A crowd thinks. There's no reasoning with those idiots and they're going to wet themselves at the mere sight of a weapon anyway. Personally I think we should ram our great big beautiful, legal, AMERICAN, Constitutionally protected gun hobby down their throats until they choke on it.
    ^^^^^^
    Only slaves don't need guns

    Originally posted by epilepticninja
    Americans vs. Democrats
    We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross


    We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.


    What doesn't kill me, better run

    Comment

    • #32
      dwinters14
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2015
      • 729

      Originally posted by dieselpower


      so is a picture of a gun pointing at the camera just as bad or is it only when you are watching it happen?
      This guy is a goof, why is he still making videos? Didn't that zero guy blast his fake track record?
      My rights aren't yours to vote away.

      Comment

      • #33
        dieselpower
        Banned
        • Jan 2009
        • 11471

        Originally posted by dwinters14
        This guy is a goof, why is he still making videos? Didn't that zero guy blast his fake track record?
        what track record? he's a typical, "ill just take every class i can so that proves i know what i am talking about" instructor.

        Comment

        • #34
          ghsdca
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2015
          • 774

          He looks like a snake oil salesman a**clown to me

          Comment

          • #35
            JackEllis
            Veteran Member
            • Nov 2015
            • 2731

            Unethical, probably not. Stupid, most likely. Especially if it's indicative of his attitude toward firearms safety.

            The fact that Hollywood shows stupid things in their movies doesn't make it OK for those of us who live in the real world to do those same stupid things.

            My $.02, anyway.

            Comment

            • #36
              Redeyedrider
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2014
              • 1744

              Originally posted by 003
              A very poor example of safe gun handling. This is exactly the kind of thing the anti-2nd amendment crowd will exploit.
              BS! It's only the snowflake pro 2A gunners among us that call this a "trigger discipline" problem.

              It's possible that he was treating the gun as if it was loaded (and it probably was), and was ready to completely destroy that camera if necessary. It's also possible that he was well aware of the target (camera) and everything beyond his point of aim.

              No problems there if given the benefit of the doubt.

              edit to add -

              Trust me. The Anti's are worried about stupid things that don't matter (evil features, ect..), instead of focusing on important things like trigger discipline. They wouldn't be able to call out a REAL gun safety violation if it slapped them on the side of their head.
              Last edited by Redeyedrider; 02-16-2017, 11:58 AM.
              We have too much to lose and so we'll lose it all - sd_shooter
              I try to frame my response to be useful to those observing, with little regard to convince the opponent of my awesomeness - EM2
              It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's impossible to win an argument with a stupid person - Whitefang
              TRUMP/NUNES

              Comment

              • #37
                Lex Talionis
                Member
                • Jul 2016
                • 443

                Originally posted by Redeyedrider
                BS! It's only the snowflake pro 2A gunners among us that call this a "trigger discipline" problem.

                It's possible that he was treating the gun as if it was loaded (and it probably was), and was ready to completely destroy that camera if necessary. It's also possible that he was well aware of the target (camera) and everything beyond his point of aim.

                No problems there if given the benefit of the doubt.

                edit to add -

                Trust me. The Anti's are worried about stupid things that don't matter (evil features, ect..), instead of focusing on important things like trigger discipline. They wouldn't be able to call out a REAL gun safety violation if it slapped them on the side of their head.
                Uh NO.

                I am not a "anti", a "snowflake" or a nervous Nelly. When I see somebody goofing around (even in a youtube video) then all I think is, I'd hate to be around that person.

                Some people take this stuff SERIOUSLY and that includes me. I spent the first 25 years of my life believing that I was always safe in the way I handled my firearms. No mishaps and always followed Cooper's rules. But it wasn't until I had a ex Marine DI and retired LASD range instructor who yelled at my aaasss a couple of times during drills that included stress (something you can never learn on your own just going to the range) that I became aware of how a lack of mental conditioning can expose bad habits that can be potentially lethal.

                I repeat. The photo in question does present an ethical problem but I still see it as a problem of attitude.

                My two cents.

                Comment

                • #38
                  Napalm Bulldog
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 4266

                  Originally posted by stevemac
                  Motivational speaker & car sales trainer Grant Cardone posted a pic on social media of him pointing his pistol at the camera with his finger on the trigger. His caption says he loves the 2A. Someone commented that safe handling is also a hallmark of the 2A and I added to always treat it as if it's loaded and to never point it at something you don't want to kill.

                  The question is, is it ethical to take and post pictures pointing a gun at the camera with your finger on the trigger?

                  I could careless about what Grant Cardone thinks!

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    xxINKxx
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2008
                    • 4289

                    Stupid stuff like this (people posting a pic with their trigger on the finger and the person behind a computer seeing it getting scared) is why the intro to gun videos on YouTube have to be 5 mins showing the gun is clear and safe.
                    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      Bansh88
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 2009
                      • 2500

                      Originally posted by xxINKxx
                      Stupid stuff like this is why the intro to gun videos on YouTube have to be 5 mins showing the gun is clear and safe.
                      No. Peoples retarded overreaction, like in this thread, is why videos have to explain to you just how unloaded they are.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        003
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 2010
                        • 3436

                        Originally Posted by 003
                        A very poor example of safe gun handling. This is exactly the kind of thing the anti-2nd amendment crowd will exploit.

                        The following posted by Redeyedrider:

                        BS! It's only the snowflake pro 2A gunners among us that call this a "trigger discipline" problem.

                        Not sure if I have been insulted or not. To the best of my knowledge I have never been referred to as a snowflake. Just what exactly is a "snowflake" as used in this context ?
                        Last edited by 003; 02-17-2017, 4:43 PM.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1