Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

So who got a firearm for Christmas?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    The Gleam
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Feb 2011
    • 13479

    Originally posted by robledo
    Nothing I didn't buy myself
    Totally.

    Would be happy if just once in the past 40 years someone would actually get me something gun-related for Christmas; ammo, magazines, parts, gun cleaner - anything. It's like - people - put in the damned effort, it's not even that hard. I'm going out of my way to get you the damned "X" thing you want that's only available in some B.F.E. out-of-the-way boutique, stuck-up pretentious place on Rodeo, or a clandestine fabricator named "Fartel" making them one-at-a-time, at least get your butt to a gun store and learn a bit about what drives somebody.

    For anyone that knows me, would know it's guns, guns guns, and I haven't got much use for anything else since they won't buy me anything car, guitar, or tools related either.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Librarian
    What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

    If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?

    Comment

    • #32
      CouchOperator
      Veteran Member
      • May 2016
      • 4353

      Originally posted by John Browning
      I got a SIG MPX pistol from mom and dad. I had to talk them into getting it for me early so that it could be DROS'd so I didn't have it to open, I picked it up from the LGS about two weeks ago. Luckily my parents are CA ex-pats in NV and hate this state so much that they'll happily give me guns as presents. I gave them a list of everything I'm interested in. They surprise me.

      It only took me reaching my mid 30s to finally get gifts I actually like. Here's to hoping they find that P30SK or CZ P10C in time for my birthday.
      Man thats a cool story bruh. At mid 30's it must feel pathetic to not pay for everything yourself. I can't relate. Can you tell me about your struggle so i can?

      Comment

      • #33
        AGGRO
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2009
        • 2793

        BIL got out of shooting so I scored some weaponry.

        Comment

        • #34
          diveRN
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2012
          • 1743

          Guess I've been a good boy this year. 10mm number 3.

          Remington R11 Hunter, long slide.

          Comment

          • #35
            John Browning
            Calguns Addict
            • May 2006
            • 8089

            Originally posted by CouchOperator
            Man thats a cool story bruh. At mid 30's it must feel pathetic to not pay for everything yourself. I can't relate. Can you tell me about your struggle so i can?
            It must feel pathetic to pay for your own Christmas presents, but with an attitude like yours, I can see why you have no friends or family who buy you anything.

            Your sad pathetic existence is showing. Donald Trump offers you his love and protection.
            For Sale: Off Roster Handgun Moving Sale

            For Sale: Off Roster CZ, Browning, PTR 91 Moving Sale

            Originally posted by KWalkerM
            eh why bring logic into this, that makes too much sense... besides when you have bested a fool, you have accomplished nothing and he is a fool.

            Comment

            • #36
              beanz2
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Nov 2008
              • 12032

              I'm picking up an H&K SP5K, hopefully on Wednesday or Thursday.

              It's hard to get anyone to gift you the right gun, unless the giver knows exactly what you want. The only person in my life who can conceivably give me a gift costing that much, my wife, isn't anyone that I would talk much about the firearms of my dreams. My friends who may know what I wish for aren't likely to give me such expensive gifts. If only my wife would ask them what I want . . .

              Originally posted by CouchOperator
              Originally posted by John Browning
              I got a SIG MPX pistol from mom and dad. I had to talk them into getting it for me early so that it could be DROS'd so I didn't have it to open, I picked it up from the LGS about two weeks ago. Luckily my parents are CA ex-pats in NV and hate this state so much that they'll happily give me guns as presents. I gave them a list of everything I'm interested in. They surprise me.

              It only took me reaching my mid 30s to finally get gifts I actually like. Here's to hoping they find that P30SK or CZ P10C in time for my birthday.
              Man thats a cool story bruh. At mid 30's it must feel pathetic to not pay for everything yourself. I can't relate. Can you tell me about your struggle so i can?
              JB may be able to afford the MPX on his own, but paying a parent to buy an off roster pistol for him may be construed as a straw purchase, whereas having them gift one is 100% legal.

              I can relate to that situation. When I was CA bound, I, too, wished for living parents living out of state, but age had caught up with them.
              Last edited by beanz2; 12-26-2016, 8:24 AM.
              sigpic
              The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.

              Comment

              • #37
                mstlaurent
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2007
                • 1408

                My middle son got his first rifle this Christmas, Savage Model II.
                I've never seen an American flag burned at a gun show.

                Comment

                • #38
                  M1NM
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Oct 2011
                  • 7966

                  The grandson added this to his collection. He'll have to register it as it has a forward grip and the mag holds 12 so that will need to be blocked. He already has a chinese knockoff of a Browning 22 takedown auto and an old model Ruger Bearcat.
                  Last edited by M1NM; 06-18-2017, 10:03 PM.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    John Browning
                    Calguns Addict
                    • May 2006
                    • 8089

                    Originally posted by beanz2
                    JB may be able to afford the MPX on his own, but paying a parent to buy an off roster pistol for him may be construed as a straw purchase, whereas having them gift one is 100% legal.

                    I can relate to that situation. When I was CA bound, I, too, wished for living parents living out of state, but age had caught up with them.
                    All true, plus the whole fact that your Christmas gifts are supposed to be bought for you, not by you.
                    For Sale: Off Roster Handgun Moving Sale

                    For Sale: Off Roster CZ, Browning, PTR 91 Moving Sale

                    Originally posted by KWalkerM
                    eh why bring logic into this, that makes too much sense... besides when you have bested a fool, you have accomplished nothing and he is a fool.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      turbobladz
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2012
                      • 1205

                      Wife game he an assortment of tactical fire arms some of them even "AW"s per California. I wonder if ill have to sell them out of state

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Fishslayer
                        In Memoriam
                        • Jan 2010
                        • 13035

                        I bought myself one of those $199 Maverick 88s at Big 5 for Black Friday.
                        "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
                        You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
                        You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


                        Originally Posted by JackRydden224
                        I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
                        Originally posted by redcliff
                        A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          Fred562
                          Member
                          • Mar 2014
                          • 135

                          Colt Expanse CE2000, too bad I could not bring it into CA from NM. Damn gun laws


                          Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            keith1911
                            Senior Member
                            • Jun 2011
                            • 1297

                            My father in law surprised me with a Beretta A400 Xplor Action 20ga.
                            Last edited by keith1911; 02-17-2017, 7:43 AM.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              Unsilenced
                              Member
                              • Jul 2016
                              • 394

                              I didn't. Technically.

                              Edit: Woah, I did not know how high rez that image was.

                              Have a link instead.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                AceGirlsHusband
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jan 2013
                                • 2651

                                Maybe.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1