Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Hide your guns!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    DedEye
    Calguns Addict
    • Nov 2006
    • 8655

    Very cool, but...


    Originally posted by jamesob
    there not hidden anymore.
    What he said.
    These posts are Fiction. They do not contain legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer. Any resemblance to real persons are pure coincidence. These posts may pose an inhalation hazard, reading can be harmful or fatal. No statements made on this forum are meant to represent any corporate or business entity, others, or myself. Especially not myself.

    Stop duping answers, help expand the FAQ.

    Why yes, that is me in my avatar and yes, I AM wearing a life jacket.

    WTS Keltec P11

    Comment

    • #32
      Echidin
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2008
      • 3072

      I'm curious as to how much a cabinet much like the first one will run?

      Comment

      • #33
        nemisis1400
        Senior Member
        • Jun 2008
        • 1270

        I want to make one but it would probably look terrible, looks like a lot of time and effort went into those.

        Comment

        • #34
          CABilly
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2008
          • 1613

          -1 for not incorporating a pull-out book or wall sconce opener with a swivel option for the whole shelf.


          :P
          Don't feed the cannibals.

          Comment

          • #35
            Rick530
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 1326

            Originally posted by Echidin
            I'm curious as to how much a cabinet much like the first one will run?
            Theres several places on the web that sell pre constructed bookshelf hidden doors. Typically a couple grand. Found another place that sells them but they were bulletproof and were more like 15k.

            Comment

            • #36
              emc002
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2007
              • 2331

              Can you tell me what kind of hinges he used?
              Did he reinforce the frame at all?
              Did he used any sort of roller at the bottom?

              Also for building something that cool, couldn't he install a switch plate on the light switch?
              "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.

              "I point out the obvious because if I belabor the subtle it only leaves people slack-jawed and drooling." - Bill Heavey

              Comment

              • #37
                niterida
                Junior Member
                • Jun 2008
                • 64

                Originally posted by emc002
                Can you tell me what kind of hinges he used?
                Did he reinforce the frame at all?
                Did he used any sort of roller at the bottom?

                Also for building something that cool, couldn't he install a switch plate on the light switch?
                I believe it is a heavy duty piano hinge.
                and he doesn't use any sort of roller, it is all on the hinges.

                which frame? the door frame?

                Comment

                • #38
                  Titans
                  Member
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 390

                  These look great. What's he charging?

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    niterida
                    Junior Member
                    • Jun 2008
                    • 64

                    Originally posted by Titans
                    These look great. What's he charging?
                    Each of them is custom for the customers needs, so prices vary accordingly.

                    But the second one would go for about $800

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      emc002
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2007
                      • 2331

                      Originally posted by niterida
                      I believe it is a heavy duty piano hinge.
                      and he doesn't use any sort of roller, it is all on the hinges.

                      which frame? the door frame?
                      Yes the door frame, I'm thinking about doing something similar, a bookcase entry into my office and am planning on replacing/augmenting the door frame (on the hinged side) to a 4x6 or equivalent.

                      Thanks for the fast response on the other questions! He doesn't have any plans/cut sheets/mat'l lists he'd be willing to share/sell?
                      Last edited by emc002; 02-05-2009, 4:59 PM.
                      "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.

                      "I point out the obvious because if I belabor the subtle it only leaves people slack-jawed and drooling." - Bill Heavey

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        Kid Stanislaus
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 4419

                        Originally posted by jamesob
                        there not hidden anymore.

                        Its "they're" not hidden anymore.

                        Actually, you'd have to know the address where they're located in order for them to not be hidden anymore.
                        Last edited by Kid Stanislaus; 02-05-2009, 5:07 PM.
                        Things usually turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          skullydc
                          Junior Member
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 26

                          thanks for sharing

                          Those are just to cool. I was just safe shopping today. I might just have to rethink that idea. I still think the safe is the way to go (fire) but hiding it would just add a whole other layer of security.

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            niterida
                            Junior Member
                            • Jun 2008
                            • 64

                            Originally posted by emc002
                            Yes the door frame, I'm thinking about doing something similar, a bookcase entry into my office and am planning on replacing/augmenting the door frame (on the hinged side) to a 4x6 or equivalent.

                            Thanks for the fast response on the other questions! He doesn't have any plans/cut sheets/mat'l lists he'd be willing to share/sell?
                            I don't believe that he had to reinforce the door frame. It is mounted to the framing of the house. The old door frame was removed. It is in no danger of falling out, I can guarantee that. I could stand on it and let it swing open

                            I can post his contact info on the first page, just as long as I don't offend the owners of the site bye soliciting. is that legal?
                            I would make a donation to the CG foundation for each one he sells, we believe in stuff like that.

                            Also he can get you stuff you need at better prices than you would find anywhere else because he has commercial accounts with major hardware companies.
                            or just pm me for his contact info

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              niterida
                              Junior Member
                              • Jun 2008
                              • 64

                              Originally posted by skullydc
                              Those are just to cool. I was just safe shopping today. I might just have to rethink that idea. I still think the safe is the way to go (fire) but hiding it would just add a whole other layer of security.
                              yeah a safe and this I think are perfect, like the second one. best of both worlds, plus more shelving to put stuff on!

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                RedDawn
                                CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                                • Dec 2007
                                • 2234

                                Love it. He's a very talented individual.
                                sigpic
                                "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms, disarm only those who are neither inclined, nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants. They serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

                                -- Thomas Jefferson, 1764
                                *Excerpts from "On Crimes and Punishment" by Cesare Beccaria

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1