Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Kimber Haters

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    Jimi Jah
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2014
    • 19232

    That new Kimber Micro 9 looks sweet. Too bad I'll never see one here.

    Comment

    • #77
      Merc1138
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Feb 2009
      • 19742

      Originally posted by liberallyloaded
      Read: it didn't happen with my specific firearm(s), therefore everyone else on the internet must be a neglectful idiot. Cool reasoning, bro!

      Cleary neglected... From the factory?
      Not only that, everyone else on the internet must only be a neglectful idiot with just the kimber, and none of their other firearms.

      Comment

      • #78
        Biigg50
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2009
        • 561

        I have a Tactical Pro II that I purchased when first introduced. The first night I had it I ran 500 rds through it and have since fired thousands of rounds. The gun has always performed flawlessly.
        One of my all time favorite guns.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment

        • #79
          trackcage
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2015
          • 1777

          Never owned a Kimber, but my father loves 'em. First handgun I ever shot was one of his Kimbers. Addressing a couple of my experiences with his below:

          Originally posted by bk23103
          This has been mine forever. Oh well.

          Yep, that about sums up my experience with his 3" Kimber as well. Only happens when you use the slide lock to close on a full mag. If you powerstroke the slide, no jam. Still not confidence inspiring, though.

          Originally posted by stormvet
          Don't worry what others on the Internet or your local gun shop says. I trust my own first hand exsperiance in all things most of all. If your gun is working great and makes you happy, that's all you need.

          I like Kimber 1911s, bought my first one in early 2001. Long before I started surfing the Internet for gun info. It functioned and performed so well, I sold the three Colt 1911s I already had. Since then I've bought five more Kimbers, only one had a real issue and that was a used Super Carry Pro I bought slightly used. I spent about five minutes adjusting the extractor and it's been running great ever since.
          I finish reamed the barrels on my two Warriors so I could reliable run my reloads in them. They worked fine with new ammo but the chambers were a little too tight for my hand loads. Never been a firm believer in break in periods, most Kimbers with functioning problems are either a tight chamber or poorly adjusted extractor. Just like a gun that's mag sensitive, it has a problem that needs to be addressed. A 1911 that is really running well, will run well with any quality 1911 mag. None of my Kimbers have ever rusted, gun oil is your friend.
          Learn to diagnose and work on 1911s, a lot of the info you find on the Internet is from people who actually know less then you, learn first hand for yourself.
          My father's doesn't like my reloads either. I load up 10mm for my G20 and gave him a few for his stainless target in 10mm. The chamber is too shallow for my handloads, which are within spec for OAL.

          Before I bought my G20, I was looking at the 10mm Kimbers, too. I am more of a 1911 guy than a Glock guy, but the versatility of the G20 is where it's at - if you want a 10mm (in California). Given that my father's is ammo-fussy, I'm glad I chose what I did. Plus, I was really only looking at Kimbers due to the very limited choices for 10mm in CA. If all the fancy-pants new 10mm's were available here, Kimber would not have made the short list (STI Perfect Ten, Sig P220 10mm SAO, and DW Bruin - I'm talking to you!).

          Comment

          • #80
            madjack956
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2006
            • 2617

            OP.. Enjoy your Kimber and shoot the hell out of it. Pay no attention to the naysayers.

            Half of the people that bash Kimber never owned one and are just repeating what they have heard from someone else that probably never owned one.

            Some people have had the misfortune of a bad copy. That's the law of averages when you make so many pistols.

            I own 2. A Custom Target II bought in 2000, and a Custom CDP II I bought around 05-07.

            Both have not skipped a beat. One was used in an all day combat handgun course. I'm sure the day will come sooner or later when one of them has a hiccup but they sure are taking their sweet time to do it.

            Mostly reloads have gone through my pistols.

            I also own a Sig 1911, and it shoots as well as my Kimbers and I would not hesitate to pick up any one of those three pistols to use in a self defense situation.

            Until they prove otherwise, I cant say anything bad about my Kimbers.

            Enjoy your new pistol.
            Paralyzed Veterans of America www.pva.org

            Comment

            • #81
              geoint
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2014
              • 4385

              Seen way WAY too many horror stories about Kimbers to ever trust them. At the prices they go for, you can upgrade to a Les Baer for not much more. Thats an actual gun that has a smith go over it before it ships out.

              If I was in the KImber price range Id stick to a TRP
              Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt

              I Hate California.

              Comment

              • #82
                nedro
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2014
                • 4130

                Originally posted by bk23103
                This has been mine forever. Oh well.

                That can be fixed by modifying the mags.

                Comment

                • #83
                  nedro
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2014
                  • 4130

                  Originally posted by kustomkat1950
                  The ones that hate In-n-Out scare me. not to be trusted.
                  Originally posted by shootbig
                  LOL, I agree.
                  I must be scary, cause In-N-Out sucks!

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    stormvet
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Mar 2010
                    • 12681

                    Originally posted by nedro
                    I must be scary, cause In-N-Out sucks!
                    I never got the In-N-Out love either, it's just a so-so burger and fries. Nothing to write home about.
                    Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      NOTABIKER
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Mar 2012
                      • 7635

                      It must be tough for people that insist on top shelf quality and do not mind paying for it get a less than a perfect pistol . I am happy paying less for a 1911 and having lower expectations but end up with a perfect 1911 that most here think is a beginner 1911.

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        DArBad
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2009
                        • 3002

                        OP, your Kimber is a good gun, pay no mind to the naysayers/snobs. The Kimbers are the BIGGEST seller of 1911s in the country and for good reason.

                        I've owned 5 Colts, 4 Springfields, and 3 Kimbers. The Kimbers are my favorite. The fit, finish, and reliability are equal/better bought out of the box.

                        Enjoy your gun. When you are ready for a " better " gun, a Les Baer is a good " better " gun. Until that time, it is equal or better than most trollers production gun.

                        Comment

                        • #87
                          skosh69
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 2011
                          • 4290

                          Originally posted by stormvet
                          Are we all suppose to post a pic of a random vehicle now. OK, I'm in.

                          [IMG][/IMG]
                          God I miss squeezing the trigger on the "cadillacs" and letting a 120mm Sabot go sailing down range...."On the waaaaaaaaay". Lot's of great memories and a few bad ones too.


                          Thanks for posting this pic.

                          Comment

                          • #88
                            stormvet
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Mar 2010
                            • 12681

                            Originally posted by NOTABIKER
                            It must be tough for people that insist on top shelf quality and do not mind paying for it get a less than a perfect pistol . I am happy paying less for a 1911 and having lower expectations but end up with a perfect 1911 that most here think is a beginner 1911.
                            Your talking about people that bought Wilson's, Brown's, NH's, etc not getting a perfect 1911. But people who buy a beginner 1911 like Kimber, S. A., Dan Wesson and other production guns end up with a perfect gun?
                            Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

                            Comment

                            • #89
                              stormvet
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Mar 2010
                              • 12681

                              Originally posted by skosh69
                              God I miss squeezing the trigger on the "cadillacs" and letting a 120mm Sabot go sailing down range...."On the waaaaaaaaay". Lot's of great memories and a few bad ones too.


                              Thanks for posting this pic.
                              Oh yeah, 'Gunner sabot tank'

                              'Identify'-----UP

                              'Lasing'

                              'Fire'

                              'On the Way'

                              'Target, Target, cease fire'

                              Good times.
                              Im a warmonger baby, I got blood in my eyes and I'm looking at you.

                              Comment

                              • #90
                                skosh69
                                Veteran Member
                                • Aug 2011
                                • 4290

                                Originally posted by stormvet
                                Oh yeah, 'Gunner sabot tank'

                                'Identify'-----UP

                                'Lasing'

                                'Fire'

                                'On the Way'

                                'Target, Target, cease fire'

                                Good times.

                                I just got wood.......

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1