Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

AR15 not firing

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    GOLDEN GUN
    Banned
    • Dec 2012
    • 2326

    My guess is that the upper and bcg are really dirty and you are not getting full lock up of the bolt.

    Pull the bcg, strip it down and give it a good scrubbing and line it back up.. Don't forget to clear the fee dramas and chamber really well

    Comment

    • #17
      G3Steve
      Member
      • Oct 2013
      • 357

      Originally posted by Jason Singh
      Thanks I need to find a place that doesnt sell clips.
      Hahaha!

      Comment

      • #18
        TJW
        Member
        • Feb 2011
        • 265

        Frangible ammo is the worst reliable ammo you can fire. Even LE Winchester Ranger frangible ammo fails often. We were qualifying yesterday, the guy beside me shooting a 9mm frangible ammo listed above, had 20 failures out of 36 rounds he attempted to fire. I hate frangible, it has problems in 45 acp also. I would suggest going to another range and firing FMJ ammo. If you don't have any problems with FMJ, the problem is the crappy frangible ammo.

        Comment

        • #19
          PolishMike
          Calguns Addict
          • Nov 2007
          • 6034

          Originally posted by Jason Singh
          Hey you guys, I bought a used ar15 a few weeks ago. Its mil spec. A bunch of custom parts.
          No - Its not. It cannot be "mil spec" and have "a bunch of custom parts". Your semi auto AR15 is NOT mil spec.

          Originally posted by Jason Singh
          the gun works, As my friend sold it to me, and we have shot the gun a bunch of times before.

          I took it to the range today,

          I used frangible rounds which are the only rounds allowed there..

          I had two clips.
          The first two rounds fired fine in the first clip.

          Than I put the second clip in, and the rounds did not fire at all.
          AR-15s do not use clips. They use magazines. The term is NOT interchangeable and means two very different things.

          Originally posted by Jason Singh
          I tried about 15 different rounds none fired.

          the rounds are getting the small firing pin dent on them, so I know nothings broken. What are some causes of this?
          Failure to fire causes include:
          Too much lube/dirt on firing pin
          Incorrect installation of hammer spring
          Bad ammo
          Missing/broken firing pin

          1) Make sure the bolt is going into full battery
          2) Make sure the hammer spring is correctly installed
          3) Report back
          Artist formally known as CEO of Tracy Rifle and Pistol

          Comment

          • #20
            mofojoe
            Banned
            • Dec 2012
            • 853

            Check that custom tactical light on the rail. If that fails you need a custom fore grip. That should take care of the problem.

            Comment

            • #21
              waawaaweenie
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              • Apr 2008
              • 659

              Originally posted by GOLDEN GUN
              My guess is that the upper and bcg are really dirty and you are not getting full lock up of the bolt.

              Pull the bcg, strip it down and give it a good scrubbing and line it back up.. Don't forget to clear the fee dramas and chamber really well
              fee dramas are not allowed here

              may be the issue in this case

              Comment

              • #22
                WyGoSlw
                Member
                • Jun 2016
                • 111

                1. Clean the rifle..

                2. Take the bolt carrier group apart and check ALL the parts to make sure they are not bent or broken.

                3. Use reliable ammo
                CCW's
                CA AZ UT

                Comment

                • #23
                  GOLDEN GUN
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2012
                  • 2326

                  Originally posted by waawaaweenie
                  fee dramas are not allowed here

                  may be the issue in this case
                  Goddamnit tere hanges strikes again!

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Bansh88
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 2500

                    Rifle will not fire with more than 4 custom parts. How many is a bunch?

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Jason Singh
                      Member
                      • Mar 2016
                      • 286

                      Originally posted by TJW
                      Frangible ammo is the worst reliable ammo you can fire. Even LE Winchester Ranger frangible ammo fails often. We were qualifying yesterday, the guy beside me shooting a 9mm frangible ammo listed above, had 20 failures out of 36 rounds he attempted to fire. I hate frangible, it has problems in 45 acp also. I would suggest going to another range and firing FMJ ammo. If you don't have any problems with FMJ, the problem is the crappy frangible ammo.
                      Thank you I have been told that over and over again, SO I will get better ammo and try that

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Jason Singh
                        Member
                        • Mar 2016
                        • 286

                        Originally posted by PolishMike
                        No - Its not. It cannot be "mil spec" and have "a bunch of custom parts". Your semi auto AR15 is NOT mil spec.
                        Sorry to say, IDC if its mil spec. I get what you are saying, Its not "real Mil Spec" but the parts are good enough for me and thousands of others. the Ar is built with "DSA ZM4 Lower. BCM Upper - 16 Inch mid Length barrel 1-8 twist. sure fire MB556K muzzle brake, shadow ops nickel boron BCG, MOE Parts, millet 4-16x50 scope.

                        Originally posted by PolishMike
                        AR-15s do not use clips. They use magazines. The term is NOT interchangeable and means two very different things.
                        Sorry.

                        Originally posted by PolishMike
                        Failure to fire causes include:
                        Too much lube/dirt on firing pin
                        Incorrect installation of hammer spring
                        Bad ammo
                        Missing/broken firing pin

                        1) Make sure the bolt is going into full battery
                        2) Make sure the hammer spring is correctly installed
                        3) Report back
                        I did clean the rifle, and it was dirty. REALLY DIRTY..
                        I took out the BCG and took it apart, it was REALLLYYY dirty tooo. The firing pin was mostly black, I lubed it and cleaned it. I took out the bolt and cleaned and lubed it too, I took out all the little pins lubed and cleaned. The bolt was crazy dirty so I think that could be a problem?

                        I basically took the whole rifle apart, and cleaned it, it was very dirty. SO we will see how it goes, I will try to get to the range today or tomorrow and update you guys.
                        Last edited by Jason Singh; 06-13-2016, 11:23 AM. Reason: edit info

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          GOLDEN GUN
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2012
                          • 2326

                          Originally posted by Jason Singh
                          Sorry to say, IDC if its mil spec. I get what you are saying, Its not "real Mil Spec" but the parts are good enough for me and thousands of others. the Ar is built with "DSA ZM4 Lower. 16 Inch BCM mid Length barrel 1-8 twist. sure fire MB556K muzzle brake, shadow ops nickel boron BCG, MOE Parts, millet 4-16x50 scope.



                          Sorry.



                          I did clean the rifle, and it was dirty. REALLY DIRTY..
                          I took out the BCG and took it apart, it was REALLLYYY dirty tooo. The firing pin was mostly black, I lubed it and cleaned it. I took out the bolt and cleaned and lubed it too, I took out all the little pins lubed and cleaned. The bolt was crazy dirty so I think that could be a problem?

                          I basically took the whole rifle apart, and cleaned it, it was very dirty. SO we will see how it goes, I will try to get to the range today or tomorrow and update you guys.

                          I bet it works now

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            PolishMike
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Nov 2007
                            • 6034

                            Did you check the hammer spring?
                            Artist formally known as CEO of Tracy Rifle and Pistol

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Jason Singh
                              Member
                              • Mar 2016
                              • 286

                              Originally posted by PolishMike
                              Did you check the hammer spring?
                              Yes I did, but I assumed that was not the problem because the rifle did fire two rounds in the first mag.

                              Than when I tried to fire the second mag with the next two rounds, it did not fire again. Even once I switched out the mags tried it maybe 10 times never fired.

                              Also I did not think the hammer spring was the problem because the hammer still drops when I dry fire.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Jason Singh
                                Member
                                • Mar 2016
                                • 286

                                Originally posted by GOLDEN GUN
                                I bet it works now
                                I hope it does

                                I will be going tomorrow to the range.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1