Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Why we wear eye pro

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    LMNO
    Member
    • Feb 2013
    • 164

    Originally posted by DumpyRocks
    I was told that my regular prescription glasses were enough. This makes me want to double up on eyes as well.
    Just learned that lesson the hard way this past weekend. I was at an indoor range, and some guy to my left starting shooting his .45. The casing landed and got stuck between my lower eye lid and my prescription glasses. I had to put my firearm arm down while trying to keep calm before I could grab it.

    Now, there is a nice burn scar under my eye. Looking for shooting glasses right now.

    Comment

    • #17
      holt7153
      CGN Contributor
      • Aug 2010
      • 1877

      Originally posted by ElDub1950
      These incidents make me wonder if the generic $10-$15 shooting glasses are sufficient.
      or my $7 Radians
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #18
        DSB
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2011
        • 1005

        Originally posted by jmatt511
        [ATTACH]506004[/ATTACH]

        This is why you wear eye pro at the range. Side of the case blew out. Fractured the grip and sent shrapnel into my cheeks, nose and forehead. Ouch. Always a good time at the range.
        Were you shooting factory reloads, range reloads, your own reloads, or factory new ammo?

        Comment

        • #19
          Wicked Pete
          Calguns Addict
          • May 2010
          • 5182

          A shooters big fear, blow up in your face.

          Comment

          • #20
            BigPimping
            CGN Contributor
            • Feb 2010
            • 21487

            As long as the glasses meet z87 ANSI rating they will work. The main difference is the style or the way they fit. I have to wear safety glasses at my job everyday. I choose to wear the ones that are provided by the company, because they get scratched up and I go through them quickly.
            sigpic

            PIMP stands for Positive Intellectual Motivated Person

            When pimping begins, friendship ends.

            Don't let your history be a mystery

            Comment

            • #21
              XDJYo
              Calguns Addict
              • Apr 2012
              • 7100

              After reading this article, it opened my eyes to see (har-har-har, pun intended) that regular glasses don't quite cut the mustard and that true mil-spec eye pro vs. ANSI and Z87 rated glasses. I bought ESS eye glasses for my wife and I and we use them religiously.

              The team at Lucky Gunner Labs exhaustively tests some of the most common shooting glasses that gun owners wear at the range for eye protection.


              Also, it dawned on me that when I shoot with regular glasses, I am actually looking over the tops of the glasses, so if anything DID happen, my regular glasses wouldn't do squat.
              Last edited by XDJYo; 05-17-2016, 6:35 PM. Reason: Edited to add the Lucky Gunner article.
              Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
              Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
              Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
              M&P 15 (Mine)

              Comment

              • #22
                jmatt511
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2010
                • 691

                Originally posted by DSB
                Were you shooting factory reloads, range reloads, your own reloads, or factory new ammo?
                Range reloads. I'm told now they use a different primer than when I purchased these.
                Cry Havoc.... and let slip the Dogs of War.

                Shakespeare: Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene I

                Comment

                • #23
                  G3Steve
                  Member
                  • Oct 2013
                  • 357

                  So are they buying you a new gun?

                  I don't see how a primer could have caused that. More likely a bad case.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Red-Osier
                    Doesn't Abide
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Oct 2015
                    • 12284

                    So are they buying you a new gun?


                    ^^^This.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      ZombieLivesMatter
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2016
                      • 2533

                      Damn, first and formost glad you're okay.
                      Originally posted by gwgn02
                      G-shock, a good way to tell the time, and better way to tell the female variety you are unworthy mating material.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        smak28
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Jan 2013
                        • 4120

                        Glad to hear you are ok OP!

                        That's why I don't shoot reloads because each time I hear ammo blowing up in the gun, it's always due to reloads.
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          SonofWWIIDI
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Nov 2011
                          • 21583



                          Glad you were wearing protection!
                          Sorry, not sorry.
                          🎺

                          Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            jmatt511
                            Senior Member
                            • Jan 2010
                            • 691

                            A few cuts on my face. Grips are shot. Frame and slide look okay, no cracks. I let the line guy (though I think he figured it out) and the office guys know what happened. They don't need to buy me a new gun. All is well. Hopefully this doesn't happen to anyone else. Could have been worse.
                            Cry Havoc.... and let slip the Dogs of War.

                            Shakespeare: Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene I

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              G3Steve
                              Member
                              • Oct 2013
                              • 357

                              I'd at least make them pay for new grips...

                              Glad you're ok, it could have been much worse.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1