I really don't get woth HK went with a backwards KeyMod-ish deal for the rail. Why not stick with something already standardized, be it KeyMod or MLok or something else?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
$6,339
Collapse
X
-
^This. Many other options out there just as good for a lot le$$,Guess I am in the minority, I have always felt HK, while they make nice guns, are massively overvalued. That rifle, IMHO, is not much better than a run of the mill DD or LWRC that costs half the price. It's not built better, more reliable or more accurate. You are paying a lot of extra money for that little HK logo on the receiver.
Just my opinion. Flame on HK fanboys!Comment
-
-
The VCOG is a >$2k optic. I wouldn't put DD and LWRC in the same category.
An LWRC REPR, LMT .308 MWS, LaRue .308 OBR, and the HK 7.62 are all around $3500-3700 new. They're comparable. I'm not an HK fan at all as I don't usually buy my guns new and the used market for them is priced too high IMO. But I wouldn't call a couple hundred dollar spread "massively overvalued".
Similarly, the gun shop's price seems about $400-500 high, but that's less than 10%. Again, I don't see that being a "unobtanium" or whatever as many here are lamenting. It's overpriced, but it's not in the stratosphere for what it is. An HK AR is going to cost more than a DPMS.
Guess I am in the minority, I have always felt HK, while they make nice guns, are massively overvalued. That rifle, IMHO, is not much better than a run of the mill DD or LWRC that costs half the price. It's not built better, more reliable or more accurate. You are paying a lot of extra money for that little HK logo on the receiver.
Just my opinion. Flame on HK fanboys!
NRA Benefactor MemberComment
-
-
-
-
I'm sure it's a very nice rifle and I am a H&K fan (I have several of their firearms), but for that $, no thanks. I'll stick with my SCAR 17.sigpicComment
-
A fool and his money...
Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent." -Edmund Burke

Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,367
Posts: 25,147,210
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,484
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 29703 users online. 143 members and 29560 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment