Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Next OC lunch in San Diego?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • gun toting monkeyboy
    Calguns Addict
    • Aug 2008
    • 6820

    Next OC lunch in San Diego?

    Ok guys, when is the next Open Carry outing down here? Are we going to do lunch any time soon? Or are we going to do a graffitti clean-up or something else along those lines?

    -Mb
    Originally posted by aplinker
    It's OK not to post when you have no clue what you're talking about.
  • #2
    thatrogue
    Member
    • Oct 2008
    • 407

    GREAT IDEA WITH THE GRAFFITI CLEAN UP OR SOMETHING ALONG THOSE LINES TO DRAW POSITIVE ATTENTION TO OUR MOVEMENT. TO BAD I'M IN ROSEVILLE..... ANY ONE WANT TO DO SOMETHING UP IN THESE PARTS????
    "You will see us move very quickly to gut the remnants of the assault weapon ban in California"- Gene Hoffman


    Comment

    • #3
      tmuller
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2007
      • 1839

      Why are we yelling?

      I'm in, missed the last one. El Indio sounds good right now and it's not even 8 yet...wow.
      WTB - prelock smith 44's

      Comment

      • #4
        gun toting monkeyboy
        Calguns Addict
        • Aug 2008
        • 6820

        So, is anybody interested? Kilts won't even be mandatory...

        -Mb
        Originally posted by aplinker
        It's OK not to post when you have no clue what you're talking about.

        Comment

        • #5
          tmuller
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2007
          • 1839

          I am. Maybe everyone is waiting until after Nordyke as some of "the right people" have suggested.
          WTB - prelock smith 44's

          Comment

          • #6
            gun toting monkeyboy
            Calguns Addict
            • Aug 2008
            • 6820

            What is Nordyke, and who has suggested what?
            Originally posted by aplinker
            It's OK not to post when you have no clue what you're talking about.

            Comment

            • #7
              tmuller
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2007
              • 1839

              Originally posted by gun toting monkeyboy
              What is Nordyke, and who has suggested what?
              Nordyke is the BIG case that is hopefully going to bring incorporation to CA. Some of the more "in the know" individuals on this board, hoffmang for example, have suggested to not UOC until the resolution of this case.

              ETA: That being said I'm still willing to UOC and meet some Calgunners, the first lunch was fun. If not I'll be shooting a lot over the next month, New Year's resolution, anyone can join me.
              WTB - prelock smith 44's

              Comment

              • #8
                Quick Nick
                Junior Member
                • Jun 2008
                • 65

                I wasn't able to go to the last ones sadly, I'd be down for going to one soon though. I can't remember, if I legally own a handgun and I'm under 21 is it legal for me to UOC?

                Comment

                • #9
                  gun toting monkeyboy
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Aug 2008
                  • 6820

                  Hmmm... How do you legally own a handgun if you are under 21? Can a relative give you one, or does it have to stay in their name?

                  -Mb
                  Originally posted by aplinker
                  It's OK not to post when you have no clue what you're talking about.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    bplvr
                    Senior Member
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Jun 2008
                    • 3946

                    If Gene says to hold off , perhaps one should. He hasn't steered us
                    in the wrong direction yet . Being armed with all the facts is sometimes
                    more important than just being armed , please consider the bigger picture.

                    Just imagine the headlines : "Twenty CalGun members arrested carrying guns at local mall".

                    Jan. 15th : "9th Circuit takes up personal gun ownership issue today. " See the problem ??

                    JMHO... in San Diego
                    Last edited by bplvr; 01-06-2009, 6:54 PM.
                    "America will never be destroyed from the outside.
                    If we falter and lose our freedoms,it will be because we destroyed ourselves"

                    -Abraham Lincoln,a summation of a speech given at the Lyceum in 1838
                    =======================================
                    "Revolution against tyranny is the most sacred of duties"
                    - Benjamin Franklin -1775
                    =======================================

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      grammaton76
                      Administrator
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Dec 2005
                      • 9511

                      Ok, so the message I'm getting here is "I want to get together with calgunners and feel like we're accomplishing something".

                      ...well, if we're to hold off on OC, there's nothing to say we can't get together without OC'ing. If you really feel like you have to play with folks' heads, try empty holsters.

                      This does open up options for Calguns lunches within school zone areas.
                      Last edited by grammaton76; 01-06-2009, 6:52 PM.
                      Primary author of gunwiki.net - 'like' it on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Gunwiki/242578512591 to see whenever new content gets added!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        tmuller
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2007
                        • 1839

                        Originally posted by bplvr
                        If Gene says to hold off , perhaps one should. He hasn't steered us
                        in the wrong direction yet . Being armed with all the facts is sometimes
                        more important than just being armed , please consider the bigger picture.

                        Just imagine the headlines : "Twenty CalGun members arrested carrying guns at local mall".

                        Jan. 15th : "9th Circuit takes up personal gun ownership issue today. " See the problem ??

                        JMHO... in San Diego
                        While I certainly understand and respect your opinion I disagree. I also understand, in my admitedly limited capacity, the opinion of Gene as well. However, these UOC meets are very well planned and thought out. I do not forsee your given "headlines." I also have the 5K Gene suggests having should the need arise and am willing to take the risk, as limited as possible by using comon sense measures as in the past.

                        Anyway, I highly doubt any problems would come about as this activity has been done at least twice in the past with notification of LEO and no problems. I feel this sets a precedent of safety involved in these lunches. I am too busy to plan this type of evet but I will participate if it is within the limitations of my schedule.
                        WTB - prelock smith 44's

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          WokMaster1
                          Part time Emperor
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Mar 2006
                          • 5436

                          San Diego PD has already given you guys the green light. Contact the same detective.

                          I think what Gene meant was not to try this in an unfriendly city like LA & San Francisco because the chances that there will be trouble is more prevalent & to wait til a positive result from Nordyke so the defense has more "teeth" in each bite. CGF wants to spend $$$$$ wisely on defending cases which will result in a win that will win the war.
                          "Good friends, good food & good wine. Anything else is just a waste of soy sauce.":)

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            tmuller
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2007
                            • 1839

                            Originally posted by WokMaster1
                            CGF wants to spend $$$$$ wisely on defending cases which will result in a win that will win the war.
                            Exactly. I think that Gene was calling on all UOC however as there have been issues in SD county, Oceanside I think. I THINK the point was to UOC at your own risk and be prepared to go it alone as CGF will not support UOC cases currently. I think the risks in SD city are relatively low and a UOC lunch could go down again without a hitch.

                            That being said, it doesn't look like there's much interest in it now.
                            WTB - prelock smith 44's

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              gir007
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2008
                              • 589

                              I will be hosting a new san diego open carry soon, like late this month. The detective wants to join us and all that, I was talking to pullnshoot, and basicly yes it might be a weekday I wil let you guys now at least week in advance its going to be a more casual go somewhere such as mall or else hang out get lunch and what not. I cant request any days off this month so I cant do a formal thing this time. Next month I might be able to set something and can talk to the detective if there are some areas they will give us the ok to go do some community service stuff. but thats on my end so if you guys have one planned I will go if I can but wont promise.

                              P.s. the detective has been getting the word out about unloaded open carry and I just met a few more pro gun san diego pd. He did hear about pullnshoots bros arrest and was concerned and he is sending out more notices.
                              The govt is like aids, it kills you slowly inside.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1