Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

G26 VS G27

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ojallday
    Member
    • Feb 2014
    • 408

    G26 VS G27

    I've been thinking of of buying ether a glock 26 or a glock 27. I already own a glock 17 so I'm leaning towards the glock 26 but I've been noticing a lot of people like to shoot 40 cal. As for myself I love shooting my glock 30 in 45acp. So should I add a new Caliber to the family or should I just stick to 9mm?

    Thanks in advance for you comments.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
  • #2
    jkody
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2010
    • 1081

    Stick to 9. No need for the middle caliber.

    Comment

    • #3
      jkody
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2010
      • 1081

      You can also use the 17 mags in the 26.

      Comment

      • #4
        Maht_g
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2014
        • 1748

        I'd stick with the 9mm since you already have its big brother... That said my first gun was a g27 and I love it! I really like the recoil impulse of the .40 round. I'm sure I'm a rare and dying breed but I'm almost all consolidated on .40 now, only one 9mm left and it'll get sold when I take it off my ccw at renewal time... Anyway, moral of the story is mag/ammo comparability is worth quite a bit IMO, so stick w the 9.
        sigpic"That's more suspicious than a nun doing squats in a cucumber field!"

        Comment

        • #5
          tonyxcom
          Calguns Addict
          • Aug 2011
          • 6397

          No offense to anyone that owns 40, but I wouldn't spend new money on anything in 40, especially in sub compact or single stack.

          The only argument one could make for 40 is for power factor in USPSA. As a defensive round its pointless and has the worst recoil of any defensive caliber. It's no accident that a lot of departments are moving away from it.

          Butt hurt posts in 3, 2.....

          Comment

          • #6
            tnlrat37
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2010
            • 2166

            I'd go with the 26 for same reasons as stated. Having more calibers means you need more storage space also.
            "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

            Comment

            • #7
              sealocan
              Calguns Addict
              • Mar 2012
              • 9956

              Another vote for the 26.

              you'll be able to find ammo a little bit cheaper and you should be practicing lots with a new handgun, especially when it's something just a bit harder to shoot well, like a sub compact.

              Comment

              • #8
                NikePenguin
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2012
                • 524

                I was contemplating the same thing two years ago but I owned a 19. I bought the 26. Then bought a used 27 a few weels later.

                You just have to ask yourself what type of gun owner you are. I like to own and shoot a variety of handguns and calibers. While I have a preferred caliber for HD, that doesn't stop me from owning several others.
                Ruger MkII Target .22lr
                Glock 19 Gen2 - Glock 19 Gen3 - Glock 26 9mm
                Colt Python 6" - Ruger KGP141 .357
                Glock 33 357SIG - Sig Sauer P250SC .40/357SIG
                Glock 23 - Glock 27 .40
                Glock 20 - Glock 29SF 10mm
                Desert Eagle MkVII .44
                Sig Sauer P220 - Sig Sauer P227R - Sig Sauer 1911R - Glock 30SF - S.A. 1911 Mil Spec .45

                Comment

                • #9
                  John Browning
                  Calguns Addict
                  • May 2006
                  • 8089

                  .40 is a dying round. Get the 26.
                  For Sale: Off Roster Handgun Moving Sale

                  For Sale: Off Roster CZ, Browning, PTR 91 Moving Sale

                  Originally posted by KWalkerM
                  eh why bring logic into this, that makes too much sense... besides when you have bested a fool, you have accomplished nothing and he is a fool.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Glocked@45
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                    • Mar 2013
                    • 1025

                    I love my G22 my favorite shooter, having said that I would opt for the G26.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      TurboS600
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 1121

                      Love my G27 and carry it often. However, l also have mostly .40s on my permit. But the logistics of keeping another round in your inventory is not worth getting another caliber.

                      Stick with the 9.
                      sigpic

                      Originally posted by Helmut Shmacher Space Chimp
                      Where can I get a pair..?
                      Originally posted by ViPER395
                      I like it colored
                      Originally posted by SquidBilly
                      I became mesmerized by a thick black shaft.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Your ad here
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2013
                        • 567

                        Get the G27. Then spend an extra $140 on a conversion barrel and two G26 mags and now you have two calibers in one gun.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          tlor
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2011
                          • 866

                          G26 easy to shoot cheaper Ammo.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ElDub1950
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Aug 2012
                            • 5688

                            Had a G27 and carried it for a few years. Loved shooting it.

                            Then did side by side test with the G27 and G26. They were equal with slow fire. But with rapid fire 2& 5 rounds and a full mag, I was consistently better with the G26. At 7 yards I kept 6-7 inch groups with the G26 and I had 6 inch groups with double taps with the G27 but 12-14 inch groups when dumping the full 9 rounds.

                            That's just me. YMMV

                            Sold the G27 and bought the G26.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              geoint
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 2014
                              • 4385

                              In 2016 there is absolutely no reason to choose .40 over 9. Except for those who are heavily invested in .40 but even then, thata easily fixed
                              Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt

                              I Hate California.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1