Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

How do you store your ammo?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    Killer Bee
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2010
    • 2199



    in good working condition GI cans..



    pre-deployment weapons training in '06 we were firing ammo with '53 headstamps..

    I started out with nothing - and I still have most of it

    Comment

    • #32
      DaveInOroValley
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Jan 2010
      • 8968

      Decided a surplus cargo container was the most efficient.
      NRA Life Member

      Vet since 1978

      "Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

      Comment

      • #33
        wurger
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2011
        • 1433

        1 safe, 60% guns, 40% ammo.

        Second safe, 50% ammo and counting. Planning on filling the second safe in the next 2-3 months. F/U Gavin Nuisance.

        Comment

        • #34
          sandbasser
          Member
          • Sep 2012
          • 143

          Metal ammo cans and a few Plastic ammo cans (mostly for next up to range). Right now I have the cans stacked but I need to get some kind of shelf system.
          Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain.
          - Friedrich von Schiller

          Comment

          • #35
            benjamac
            Member
            • Aug 2013
            • 377

            after seeing all this, I'm just going to get a bunch more ammo cans, and a whole ton of labels
            Don't be $h!tty.

            Comment

            • #36
              Bushwack44
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Oct 2013
              • 2042

              Mostly metal (and some plastic) ammo cans occupying half a walk-in closet on the floor stacked 3 high. Ammo is a good investment (financially).
              .
              Facts are to liberals as kryptonite is to Superman.
              ...

              Feed a man a fish, he eats for a day (Democrat).
              Teach a man to fish, he eats for a lifetime (Republican).

              Comment

              • #37
                Albs
                Senior Member
                • Jul 2014
                • 2158

                .50 cal cans... but not enough, someone sell me some....
                "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
                - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

                Comment

                • #38
                  shooting4life
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 5770

                  Stacked next to my safe in a cabinet. Ammo in cases is on another self in the garage.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    maylebox
                    Senior Member
                    • Jun 2013
                    • 1155

                    Ammo cans inside old heavy gauge steel file cabinets in the garage. Pistol ammo is labeled "Family Photos, Utility Bills, etc" Rifle ammo is labeled "Tax Returns, Insurance, etc"
                    "Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here"

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      gcvt
                      Orlando, Florida
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Apr 2008
                      • 13923

                      Originally posted by benjamac
                      after seeing all this, I'm just going to get a bunch more ammo cans, and a whole ton of labels
                      Pick up some magnetic sheets. Cut them up and write the calibers on them. Easy to switch around from can to can without messing with stickers.
                      Originally posted by Kestryll
                      I want to be Princess Anastasia today because I feel pretty
                      Originally posted by QuarterBoreGunner
                      Kes is really just an errand boy
                      Originally posted by Kestryll
                      I am NOT...anything other than a schmuck...

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        451040
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2009
                        • 2169

                        in a van down by the river

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          MechaDad
                          Member
                          • Aug 2014
                          • 259

                          Originally posted by maylebox
                          Ammo cans inside old heavy gauge steel file cabinets in the garage. Pistol ammo is labeled "Family Photos, Utility Bills, etc" Rifle ammo is labeled "Tax Returns, Insurance, etc"
                          That's good. Sounds a lot easier to get at your stash than the pack rat's nest mine is hiding in.

                          I was hoping there would be tips/sources to cheap desiccant in this thread. <cue links by wise & generous cgers>

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            HighWildFree
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2011
                            • 2103

                            Big empty room with loose rounds stacked on nearly filling the room, and a diving board, you know Scrooge McDuck style. But really just ammo cans.

                            Should anything be done to rounds before storage? Do ammo cans need silica packets or something similar? I opened an old can and it smelled a lil funky.
                            "Bangarang Peter!"

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              kmas
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2014
                              • 1315

                              This one -

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                Glocked@45
                                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                                • Mar 2013
                                • 1025

                                Old bank document safe it used to have a large basket that would rise as you opened the safe. I always worried about a possible fire and rounds cooking off.

                                I love this thing.






                                Last edited by Glocked@45; 01-19-2017, 9:09 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1