Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Obama's order simplified

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • biglou
    Senior Member
    • May 2007
    • 1317

    Originally posted by kapache
    Isn't this what we all undergo here in California?
    Me thinks that's the reason most of the country is pissed off about O'bummers executive order. No one wants California law in their state. I'm old enough to remember how great California was as far as gun, hunting, fishing laws, etc. use to be. When the handgun wait period went from 15 days to 10 days I thought we were going in the right direction. Instead now it's 10 days for everything.
    I'm guessing young people growing up here are used to all the liberal BS so they just adapt and accept how it is.

    Comment

    • Redneck Geek
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2012
      • 1002

      Originally posted by raceraxe
      Only way to monitor ppt is registration(already enforced in CA). Registration will lead to confiscation. Confiscation is their goal. Total control over unarmed population.
      ^^^ this.

      History should show us that this is the end game for the 'common sense' 'reasonable' 'safety for all' crowd.
      sigpic

      Comment

      • Fastattack
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2008
        • 1663

        Originally posted by Wes C Addle
        I have to go through a background check when I purchase a firearm, I don't see why someone else should be exempt just because they live in a free state. I get the counter-argument about incremental encroachment but I see this as a common sense approach. If you can pass a background check then no worries.
        Do you know how stupid that sounds? Aren't you SUPPOSED to already be living in a FREE state? Oh, I forgot, you live in Kalifornia. You've become comfortably numb (as a famous rock band once said). Don't wish your stupid laws on the rest of the FREE country.

        Comment

        • The Gleam
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Feb 2011
          • 13470

          Originally posted by Wes C Addle
          I have to go through a background check when I purchase a firearm, I don't see why someone else should be exempt just because they live in a free state. I get the counter-argument about incremental encroachment but I see this as a common sense approach. If you can pass a background check then no worries.
          A list of just SOME of the things you can sell without a background check, in some cases, even sell them on Ebay, Craigslist, or Facebook - where otherwise even advertising a gun for sale even when legal channels are use is against their rules.

          Now think about this list and where these things might have come up in cases where dozens, if not hundreds, or thousands of people were killed when these things were utilized as weapons:
          • Boxcutters
          • Pressurecookers
          • Nails
          • Cars
          • Gasoline
          • Knives
          • Fireworks
          • Engine Antifreeze/Coolant
          • Castor plants
          • Matches/Bic Lighters


          And more.

          Let's go after intent, and avoid thought-policing. Let's not criminalize the existence of American citizens who are otherwise good people, just to turn them into serfs and subjects.
          -----------------------------------------------
          Originally posted by Librarian
          What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

          If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?

          Comment

          • The Gleam
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Feb 2011
            • 13470

            Originally posted by biglou
            No one wants California law in their state.
            I don't want California law in my California!
            -----------------------------------------------
            Originally posted by Librarian
            What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

            If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?

            Comment

            • Bigedski
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2011
              • 976

              There is a big difference between What a common sense law to me and what a common sense law to a lying, cheating, thieving liberal gun grabber is.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1