Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

citations being issued at spenceville range

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #76
    golfish
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Mar 2013
    • 10127

    Originally posted by nine mil thrill


    I did go out to Spenceville today, and besides the "shooting only clay and paper targets", sign.......this is what is on the board.
    yes the "no lead" sign, pertains to hunting, but I am also researching what all the codes that are grouped together at the bottom.
    there is more to the story.......let's see what response I will get back to post.

    (Mangan range in Sacramento was recently shut down for good, due to the high lead throughout the facility)
    Geeez, why don't they just put up a sign that reads NOTHING IS ALLOWED
    It takes a lot of balls to play golf the way I do.
    Happiness is a warm gun.

    MLC, First 3

    Comment

    • #77
      nine mil thrill
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2010
      • 1058

      mike, you are an idiot.....did you not read the post ?? I said.....it refers to hunting.....BUT, it also includes "eco" areas, and I am trying to find out if there is anything in the list of codes posted. the **** that is in small print, is what we need to be concerned about.
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #78
        mike415stone
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2014
        • 1203

        Originally posted by nine mil thrill
        mike, you are an idiot.....did you not read the post ?? I said.....it refers to hunting.....BUT, it also includes "eco" areas, and I am trying to find out if there is anything in the list of codes posted. the **** that is in small print, is what we need to be concerned about.
        Personnel insults, it's down to that low a level. Why not try insulting my mom while your at it.
        ______________________________

        In this life you either push or get shoved.

        Better to die on your feet then live on your knees.

        For evil to succeed, all it takes is for good men to do nothing.

        Comment

        • #79
          nine mil thrill
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2010
          • 1058

          ok....what is her first name...??
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #80
            mike415stone
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2014
            • 1203

            Originally posted by nine mil thrill
            ok....what is her first name...??
            What are you... like 5 years old or something?
            ______________________________

            In this life you either push or get shoved.

            Better to die on your feet then live on your knees.

            For evil to succeed, all it takes is for good men to do nothing.

            Comment

            • #81
              Pardini
              Senior Member
              • May 2014
              • 1204

              Originally posted by The Gleam
              If a law can be misapplied for a political agenda, California is the place that will surely try it. Fight any such citation and shove it back up their keesters.
              LOL. You do know that the study results were withheld until after the Bill was signed and it indicated that the lead levels in Condors were due to some other source than lead bullets.
              Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
              Excellent! I am thinking about it as well and I only have 4 points and an unfortunate "match bump" up to expert classification where I am far less "competitive" with my peers there.

              Comment

              • #82
                Cokebottle
                Señor Member
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Oct 2009
                • 32373

                "No longer allowed FOR hunting on any Wildlife Area OR Ecological Preserve"

                Converting it to math:
                "No longer allowed FOR hunting on any (Wildlife Area OR Ecological Preserve)"

                Requirement #1 to apply, for hunting.
                Requirement #2 to apply, Wildlife Area or Ecological Preserve

                If you are not hunting, the ban does not apply.
                If you are not in a Wildlife Area or Ecological Preserve, the ban does not apply.

                Lead is not banned for target shooting.
                - Rich

                Originally posted by dantodd
                A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.

                Comment

                • #83
                  NapalmCheese
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Feb 2011
                  • 5958

                  Originally posted by elk hunter
                  Poison is going to get real popular. I bought a box of the CCI nontox stuff and tested it. To call it disappointing is a under statement and at almost 10 bucks per box of 50 it's a bit pricey, as I said poison is going to make a big come back.
                  Until coyotes and vultures start dying from that. Then poison will be more regulated and only state licensed poisoners will be allowed to kill the ground squirrels on your ranch.
                  Calguns.net, where everyone responding to your post is a Navy Force Delta Recon 6 Sniperator.

                  Comment

                  • #84
                    nine mil thrill
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2010
                    • 1058

                    Click on the link below, scroll down to FAQ's and select What about target shooting or firearms for personal protection? Read the 2nd sentence very carefully. It appears that if the land is CDFW controlled or controlled by another Government Entity, then they can rule no lead ammo. I can't find this in any other Regulation.
                    The Department of Fish and Wildlife manages California's diverse fish, wildlife, and plant resources, and the habitats upon which they depend, for their ecological values and for their use and enjoyment by the public.


                    The regulations do not require use of nonlead ammunition when target shooting. Use of lead projectiles for target shooting is legal unless CDFW or another government entity has determined otherwise for lands they administer. The regulations do not prohibit the possession of concealable firearms containing lead ammunition, provided the firearm is possessed for personal protection and is not used to take or assist in the take of wildlife. With the exception of ammunition for concealable firearms possessed for personal protection, hunters may not possess lead ammunition along with a firearm capable of firing that ammunition in locations where nonlead ammunition is required.

                    this is a response directly from cdfw
                    Last edited by nine mil thrill; 01-05-2016, 5:00 AM.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #85
                      Mayor McRifle
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Dec 2013
                      • 7771

                      Originally posted by nine mil thrill
                      fish and game has been showing up at spenceville range, and has been issuing citations to people shooting lead ammo.
                      Originally posted by nine mil thrill
                      I posted this as a heads up. my boss, lives by the range. when I shoot, I am always there an hour before sunrise so I get my favorite bench, so no, I am not posting to scare people away. i, did not get cited. make of it what you will, call total bull**** if you want.......but as previously posted, i am not a liar.
                      Originally posted by nine mil thrill
                      edgerly, yes my boss witnessed it.
                      So is your boss still claiming that people have been getting cited for shooting lead ammo at the Spenceville range?
                      Anchors Aweigh

                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #86
                        edgerly779
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Aug 2009
                        • 19871

                        We got the info we needed lead ok for target shooting/ plinking. OP's boss misunderstood details of citation. Lets move on.

                        Comment

                        • #87
                          Henry Shooter
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2008
                          • 1099

                          Originally posted by Pardini
                          LOL. You do know that the study results were withheld until after the Bill was signed and it indicated that the lead levels in Condors were due to some other source than lead bullets.
                          Yes that is correct. One of the source of contamination would be the MTB that was put into gasoline in the 90's which protected the environment but actually contaminated ground water and everything it came in contact with.

                          Better thinking for a stronger environment

                          Comment

                          • #88
                            Dutch3
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Oct 2010
                            • 14181

                            Originally posted by nine mil thrill
                            Click on the link below, scroll down to FAQ's and select What about target shooting or firearms for personal protection? Read the 2nd sentence very carefully. It appears that if the land is CDFW controlled or controlled by another Government Entity, then they can rule no lead ammo. I can't find this in any other Regulation.
                            The Department of Fish and Wildlife manages California's diverse fish, wildlife, and plant resources, and the habitats upon which they depend, for their ecological values and for their use and enjoyment by the public.


                            The regulations do not require use of nonlead ammunition when target shooting. Use of lead projectiles for target shooting is legal unless CDFW or another government entity has determined otherwise for lands they administer. The regulations do not prohibit the possession of concealable firearms containing lead ammunition, provided the firearm is possessed for personal protection and is not used to take or assist in the take of wildlife. With the exception of ammunition for concealable firearms possessed for personal protection, hunters may not possess lead ammunition along with a firearm capable of firing that ammunition in locations where nonlead ammunition is required.

                            this is a response directly from cdfw
                            Yes, I posted that back in post #62.
                            Just taking up space in (what is no longer) the second-worst small town in California.

                            Comment

                            • #89
                              nine mil thrill
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2010
                              • 1058

                              Yupp
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • #90
                                mosinnagantm9130
                                Calguns Addict
                                • May 2009
                                • 8783

                                Just for kicks, next time I go to spenceville, I'll bring a BP revolver. Get some extra solid lead into the berms out there
                                Originally posted by GoodEyeSniper
                                My neighbors think I'm a construction worker named Bruce.

                                Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
                                Originally posted by ChopperX
                                I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
                                Originally posted by Jeff L
                                Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1