Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
CHL saves the day...
Collapse
X
-

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat
-
In some states, 17 is the cut-off for being charged as an adult. I remember it was that way in Michigan. 16 (normally), kids were charged as minors. At 17, they were considered adults by the criminal legal system. Might be that way in TX, too. I don't know.sigpicNRA MemberOriginally posted by Deadbolt"We're here to take your land for your safety"
"My Safety?" *click* "There, that was my safety"Comment
-
Comment
-
Vic lives, Suspect dies, saves tax payers court costs, all in all a good day. If only the others stuck around and got the same._____________________________________________
South Coast Outdoorsman
2736 E Chapman Ave
Orange CA 92869
714-532-4867
T - F (11 - 7pm) Sat (10 - 5pm) - closed Sun & Mon
_____________________________________________Comment
-
-
-
lawsuit filed by dead suspects family to take everything the victim owns just because he defended for his own life. Retaliation from suspects family/friends for the rest of his life-like as if the victim was all wrong in killing the suspect in self defense. What's wrong with these people? I know it's sad to loose a loved one but if that person was killed for commiting a crime, then that's all good as the criminal path was chosen by the suspect and his parents FAILED in teaching their children...much less the parents could just be scums themselves, who knows."Screw U guys, I'm going home"...:the great Eric Cartman
10mm. Because .45ACP just doesn't cut it anymore. <Trailerparktrash>Comment
-
-
One less scumbag. Thank you Mr. Unidentified.sigpic
NRA Benefactor Life Member
01 Dealer Redding, CA
US Army MP Corps Veteran
Former NRA Pistol Coach Level 3
I am always looking for Beretta D models in 9mm or a Compact Type M.Comment
-
I can only assume that the posters who talk about the criminal's parents incompetency are not parents themselves.
There certainly is victory here, in that the victim was able to survive and fend off an attack by a gang of criminals.
There is also a lot of sadness. The victim will spend the rest of his life with the burden of having taken a life. The criminal's parents will have a lifetime of sadness at the loss of their son and what might have been.
So while we rightly celebrate the constitutional rights of the crime victim, let us not forget the human costs of that right.
Just in case I haven't pissed off enough people with this post, I offer the following for consideration: Imagine that the teenage gang members had been exercising their constitutional right for loaded open carry when they came across their intended victim. Does anyone think the result would have been the same?sigpic
J&R Sports Supply LLC
2558 B Old First St
Livermore CA 9550
925-443-9691
Sales@jrguns.com
www.jrguns.comComment
-
We'll I'd say that most of us calgunners have kids including myself. I've personally know relatives/people/neighbors who there kids have grown up to be thugs/criminals. And the sad thing that I've seen is the parents are part of the problem. They seem to encourage their kids to live that lifestyle as they too were former gangmembers/thugs. In these cases the parents are scums that lead to the kids to grow up into scums. There's even the parents who take their kids out to do shoplifting as they are minors only and criminal charges will be minimum. There are also the parents who used to be thugs and want to change and most the time the kids grows up into the norm kid.I can only assume that the posters who talk about the criminal's parents incompetency are not parents themselves.
There certainly is victory here, in that the victim was able to survive and fend off an attack by a gang of criminals.
There is also a lot of sadness. The victim will spend the rest of his life with the burden of having taken a life. The criminal's parents will have a lifetime of sadness at the loss of their son and what might have been.
So while we rightly celebrate the constitutional rights of the crime victim, let us not forget the human costs of that right.
Just in case I haven't pissed off enough people with this post, I offer the following for consideration: Imagine that the teenage gang members had been exercising their constitutional right for loaded open carry when they came across their intended victim. Does anyone think the result would have been the same?"Screw U guys, I'm going home"...:the great Eric Cartman
10mm. Because .45ACP just doesn't cut it anymore. <Trailerparktrash>Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,269
Posts: 25,146,134
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,498
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 27894 users online. 57 members and 27837 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.



Comment