Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Would you carry on a first date?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    Cody
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2009
    • 2148

    Years ago a very attractive girl kept flirting with me so I asked her out to dinner. The date was going well and the subject came up that she was taking a night class for school and would get home late and sometimes feared for her safety. I mentioned safety is always a factor so to protect myself I was owned guns. The mood suddenly changed and she said she had a headache and wanted to go home.
    Later I figured I saved myself a lot of money and grief from dating her more and having her find out later. Plus I didn't waste any gas taking her home and told her to take a cab. Stupid liberal. lol

    Comment

    • #62
      Spyder
      CGN Contributor
      • Mar 2008
      • 17269

      Originally posted by Jules
      Were I single again, I certainly would, but I'm female, so that changes the equation a lot. I wouldn't have a problem with a date carrying unless he was completely creepy also, and most CCW people I've met have been nicely respectable people.

      Of course, my husband met me when I was packing both a rifle and a dead deer. Your mileage may vary.
      Freaking rad. Lucky husband!

      Comment

      • #63
        DoubleA
        Member
        • Nov 2012
        • 438

        Forget guns! How does she feel about Bacon? [emoji3]

        Comment

        • #64
          intruder1_92tt
          Member
          • Mar 2010
          • 152

          I carried on my first date...


          The wedding is next month.


          To elaborate a bit, she (my fiance) and I had been communicating via email and text before we ever met. She already knew I had a CCW, her only real comment on it being something like "Oh good, you can take me shooting some time."

          All posts were written by a multi-ped robot that stole my phone.

          Comment

          • #65
            Wordupmybrotha
            From anotha motha
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Oct 2013
            • 6965

            Just don't have an accidentally discharge and keep your gun safely holstered. You're not married yet.

            Comment

            • #66
              Jason25
              Vendor/Retailer
              • Jan 2013
              • 999

              I would and carry everyday... First dates are usually to get to know each other better. Be honest, carefully bring up your interest of firearms and granted right sometime during conversation. If she's (or he's ;p ) not into it, then that person probably isn't the right person for you anyway.

              Comment

              • #67
                wireless
                Veteran Member
                • May 2010
                • 4346

                CARRY

                On 2nd, 3rd, or 4th date, take her to shoot guns. Don't need to tell her about carrying until you see what her experience is like at the range, or maybe don't say anything at all.

                Literally every person I dated for long periods of time, I took to the shooting range on our second date, 1st being coffee and 2nd shooting/dinner or shooting/ice cream.

                Shooting is exciting, especially for people who haven't done it. Show her how hold a gun by getting behind her, left her arms with yours, etc. Not in a creepy way...flirtatious.

                This isn't rocket science. Woman are intricate but they aren't hard to understand. If you assume everything is a test, you will give the right answer 95% of the time.

                Comment

                • #68
                  PatC415
                  • Nov 2014
                  • 979

                  Originally posted by VL221
                  I would and not tell her until after a couple dates
                  What if you apendix carry, and she grabs your package??? Shouldn't you tell her first?
                  It's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop at the bottom.

                  Comment

                  • #69
                    Revhendo
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2014
                    • 521

                    Absolutely yes.

                    Carry a magnum.

                    Or two.
                    Rev.

                    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
                    W.T. Sherman

                    Comment

                    • #70
                      e90bmw
                      Senior Member
                      CGN Contributor
                      • May 2013
                      • 1268

                      Concealed means just that........

                      I would carry as usual.
                      For me it means no carry. I live in a shall not issue county.

                      Comment

                      • #71
                        Lyte-
                        CGSSA Associate
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 2063

                        Take this for what its worth, I am a female and I own and have been around guns all my life.

                        If I absolutely do not know anything about you (pretty much a blind date) and I find out you have a gun on you, date is over immediately. In fact if you picked me up I would be walking home and pissed off at my self I even got in the car with some stranger who had a gun on him. How am I suppose to know your state of mind? How am I suppose to know your not some serial murdered who plans to drive me to a dark alley and shoot me later? As a female out with a stranger my safety is my #1 priority and I am sorry there is entirely too much violence against woman as it is, I do not need to be one more statistic.



                        Now if I know you somewhat and I am already moderately comfortable with you, and you are upfront and tell me you have a ccw and you are planning to do so on our date. I would not give it a second thought other then asking to fondle it most likely. And if our first date is to a range then it would be best you have several guns with you...




                        Originally posted by SheepDog78
                        So I find myself in the position of continuing the search for Mrs. Right, again, and I carry every day, but I'm wondering if carrying while meeting somebody for the first time is a good idea. Granted there's very little chance she would find out about it, but there's always the possibility, and not really knowing somebody yet, there's no way to know how they feel about guns. I don't really think it's an appropriate first date topic, but definitely early on in the relationship, because if she's definitely against guns, it just won't work.

                        But, at the chance of scaring a girl off if one of the first things she sees about you is carrying a gun, before she's had a chance to determine if she might like you enough to see you again or not... I don't know, what do you guys think? I'm tempted to say I'll just leave it locked up in my car, until such time as appropriate to discuss it to find out how she feels.
                        Last edited by Lyte-; 09-23-2015, 5:33 PM.
                        Originally posted by Kestryll
                        I know you and frankly since we're being honest you disgust me.
                        In all honesty I waffle between finding you disgusting and pitying you that your life is so void of anything substantial that you measure yourself by 'conquests' and who you know that can get you in where.

                        Comment

                        • #72
                          1CavScout
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 2013
                          • 3234

                          I was an LEO when I met my current wife, so she got used to me carrying a gun right away. Knowing I was an LEO she was not freaked out by it.

                          I had a female friend give me a friendly hug a few years ago and was surprised when she felt a gun under my shirt. If you are going to carry, I would consider telling your date about it unless you are not going to carry it on your person.
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #73
                            kustomkat1950
                            airplane guy/Coastal GA
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Mar 2011
                            • 1938

                            absolutely!

                            I see your change in pace as weakness. If you are so concerned about a random person you are about to date and their perceived view on firearms, that the real issue.

                            Be yourself, no compromise.
                            "When the system breaks down, you get to vote from the rooftops. Its one of the last best traditions of western enlightenment"

                            "This was an IQ test/science experiment of Josef Mengele proportions, and the public willingly lapped it up. And many failed". (me, on Wuhan flu, 2022)

                            Question EVERYTHING.

                            "Sure buddy. Whatever you say. Whatever you gotta tell yourself to sleep at night"

                            Comment

                            • #74
                              Wordupmybrotha
                              From anotha motha
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Oct 2013
                              • 6965

                              Originally posted by Lyte-
                              Take this for what its worth, I am a female and I own and have been around guns all my life.

                              If I absolutely do not know anything about you (pretty much a blind date) and I find out you have a gun on you, date is over immediately. In fact if you picked me up I would be walking home and pissed off at my self I even got in the car with some stranger who had a gun on him. How am I suppose to know your state of mind? How am I suppose to know your not some serial murdered who plans to drive me to a dark alley and shoot me later? As a female out with a stranger my safety is my #1 priority and I am sorry there is entirely too much violence against woman as it is, I do not need to be one more statistic.

                              Now if I know you somewhat and I am already moderately comfortable with you, and you are upfront and tell me you have a ccw and you are planning to do so on our date. I would not give it a second thought other then asking to fondle it most likely. And if our first date is to a range then it would be best you have several guns with you...
                              That makes no sense. So if someone you're not familiar with exercises their constitutional rights, you'll dump them.

                              Comment

                              • #75
                                Lyte-
                                CGSSA Associate
                                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                                • Feb 2009
                                • 2063

                                Originally posted by wordupmybrotha
                                That makes no sense. So if someone you're not familiar with exercises their constitutional rights, you'll dump them.
                                exactly what about my statement was unclear?

                                If you are a stranger to me and you plan on bringing a gun on our 1st date and not tell me about it how am I suppose to take that?

                                Do you know the amount of women harmed, rapped and killed by men they know much less by strangers?

                                Bringing a gun on a normal first date (assuming your not law enforcement and I know you are) is not appropriate. I don't know anything about you. I do not know what your intentions are. I have no ideal if you plan to shoot me if I refuse your advances or to sleep with you later.

                                You can exercise your 2A right alone at home. I will exercise my basic Human right to not be shot and left in the ditch by some stranger on my first date.


                                Now if our first date is at a range or as previously mentioned I am aware your in Law Enforcement then I wouldn't bat an eye. But I have the right to feel safe. I would not feel safe with someone I don't know in private quarters with them (traditionally a guy picks a girl up in his car on a date) having a gun plain and simple.
                                Last edited by Lyte-; 09-23-2015, 6:26 PM.
                                Originally posted by Kestryll
                                I know you and frankly since we're being honest you disgust me.
                                In all honesty I waffle between finding you disgusting and pitying you that your life is so void of anything substantial that you measure yourself by 'conquests' and who you know that can get you in where.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1