Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Would you carry on a first date?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    tanks
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2014
    • 4038

    Originally posted by Chameleon Loco
    Correct me if I'm wrong but if you carry you can't have any alcohol in system which means no bars and even at an eating establishment suitable for a 1st date you will look like a lame if she orders an alcoholic beverage and don't. So no I wouldn't carry on a 1st date 2nd date or date night unless I know forsure I was not drinking.
    ...
    Good point. I actually was asked if I was an alcoholic on a number of first dates a few years ago because I was not drinking. People seem to assume that if one is not having a drink.
    "... when a man has shot an elephant his life is full"- John Alfred Jordan
    "A set of ivory tusks speaks of a life well lived." - Unknown

    Comment

    • #32
      Bansh88
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2009
      • 2500

      Well, are you a carry person, who just carries and no one knows? Or the carry person who wont shut the F up that he's carrying?

      Comment

      • #33
        highpower
        Calguns Addict
        • May 2012
        • 5327

        You should live YOUR life the way YOU want to. If the broad doesn't like it, tell her to go kick rocks. Trust me, I have tried to tiptoe around my core beliefs, but in the end, if she turns out to be a screaming liberal, it is best not to spend any more time or money on her worthless butt.

        If I am driving I won't drink anyway, so if you do go out and she asks you why you aren't drinking, you can say that you just don't drink and drive. That way you look like a responsible person and score some points.
        MLC member.

        Biden, proof that stupid people shouldn't be allowed to vote.

        Dumocraps suck balls.

        Comment

        • #34
          1bulletBarney
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Oct 2013
          • 1914

          Concealed would be concealed. Could be a issue if by the off chance, what you thought was a "nice" lady turns out to be a floozy who wants the whole einchalada on the first date. In that case best thing to do is play the "I have a headache" card...
          NRA Member
          NRA-ILA Contributor
          CGN Contributor

          iTrader Feedback
          1bulletBarney iTrader Feedback - Calguns.net?

          Comment

          • #35
            FISHNFRANK
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2008
            • 1029

            What happens if she tries to grab your Johnson on the first date...? Then you got yourself a "situation" as the say in Jersey....

            I'd leave it at home

            Comment

            • #36
              Champagne-N-Beer
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2014
              • 519

              Have to agree. What makes this day any different than another.

              If you carry everyday, technically you could run into "Mrs. Right" on any given day, so why change?

              Or, think of it this way - why change for another person? If you start doing that now, enjoy doing that in the future because that is what you are setting yourself up for.

              Lastly, and this is more an off-the-subject question, but if a date has you thinking of ditching your carry, why are you carrying in the first place? Unless you think you mind find yourself at a locale where that is a no-no.

              Comment

              • #37
                DannyInSoCal
                Calguns Addict
                • Aug 2010
                • 8271

                A better question is: Is SHE carrying on our first date..?

                If no - Find a better broad...
                .
                $500 Donation to any Veterans Charity - Plus $500 Gift Card to any gun store: Visit 2nd Amendment Mortgage / www.2AMortgage.com

                Comment

                • #38
                  IronColt
                  Member
                  • Jan 2010
                  • 487

                  Yea if you plan to take her to a ghetto place to eat.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    The War Wagon
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Apr 2011
                    • 10294

                    Since 1991!
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      pluke the 2
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2012
                      • 1926

                      only if she bones on the first date. or else nah!

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        hunterb
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Jun 2011
                        • 3796

                        Originally posted by Peter.Steele
                        Hell, I OPEN carried a Kimber on our first date. That was 12 years ago, and we've been married since 2006.
                        Well done sir.
                        Originally posted by johnthomas
                        ...The hardest part getting rid of crap is getting started.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          SheepDog78
                          Senior Member
                          • May 2015
                          • 630

                          All points well taken. I guess I'll just have to play it by ear when that day comes around, go with my gut. I probably will carry, because chances are low there would be any serious touchy touchy on the first go round. There's no way I'll ever compromise my morals or gun-loving beliefs for a woman, but I would give her a fair chance to accept it. If it comes out like "I hate guns, no way" then yeah, deal breaker. It would be over the first time she saw my arsenal anyway, lol.
                          "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent." -Edmund Burke

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            Mutenri
                            Senior Member
                            • Aug 2013
                            • 603

                            I don't know what's harder, trying to get a CCW in LA, or trying to find a woman that would date me.

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              Victor Cachat
                              Senior Member
                              • Apr 2014
                              • 1546

                              Depends on how lucky I feel

                              Democrats>Socialists>Communists - Same goals, different speeds.

                              The most effective and pervasive enemy of American freedoms today is the Legacy Media. Defeat them first.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                Sapperforward
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jan 2010
                                • 2928

                                She's going to find out some time. Might as well have the conversation early so you know you aren't wasting your time.

                                As far as how to approach it I got nothing for you. That is a potential mine field.

                                Hey, maybe you'll get lucky and share something with you, like the fact that she has triplet toddlers, mounds of debt and a psycho ex husband.

                                Good luck out there.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1