Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ruger Mark III disassembly

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    wildfxp
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2012
    • 1124

    Oh dang. I was thinking about the mag needing to be in there, but didn't have one by my side to try. I was cleaning the Mark II as well, so figured it should be the same.

    Thanks a lot for your help everyone!
    Contact me if you have any Colt Pythons or HK P7 series. Cash ready.

    Comment

    • #17
      The War Wagon
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Apr 2011
      • 10294

      Yes - take off the grips, and soak it in CLP! I'm not ABOUT to try & disassemble mine!!!
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #18
        shakyshoot
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2014
        • 1142

        Originally posted by wildfxp
        Oh dang. I was thinking about the mag needing to be in there, but didn't have one by my side to try. I was cleaning the Mark II as well, so figured it should be the same.

        Thanks a lot for your help everyone!
        The mag in, mag out, mag in business is confusing, which is why I put in the Tandemkross bushing to eliminate the mag disconnect. Before that, I never field spripped without having this page open: http://www.guntalk-online.com/fsprocedures.htm

        Youtube videos are fine, but I don't care for pausing, playing, pausing, playing with fingers full of gun oil.

        Comment

        • #19
          shakyshoot
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2014
          • 1142

          Originally posted by The War Wagon
          Yes - take off the grips, and soak it in CLP! I'm not ABOUT to try & disassemble mine!!!
          Own a gun you're skeered to field strip? Best turn in that Man-Card.

          Comment

          • #20
            nickel plate
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2012
            • 2134

            Originally posted by Garv
            I just bought the Tandemkross Hammer Bushing to fix that issue.
            My MkIII is very tight also.
            Took some time to line it up just right to put back together.

            Try this if visual aids help.
            http://guntalk-online.com/fsprocedures.htm
            Thanks for the link, Garv.

            Comment

            • #21
              customiiguy
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2012
              • 1666

              I had a ruger 22/45 a couple yrs ago. Use to give me fits.

              Comment

              • #22
                The War Wagon
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Apr 2011
                • 10294

                Originally posted by shakyshoot
                Own a gun you're skeered to field strip? Best turn in that Man-Card.
                Shoot it 'til it jams, and then trade it in!
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #23
                  Garv the innocent
                  RSG Minion, Senior
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Apr 2014
                  • 9075

                  Originally posted by The War Wagon
                  Shoot it 'til it jams, and then trade it in!
                  Note to self: Never buy from War Wagon.
                  Originally posted by Kestryll:
                  It never fails to amuse me how people get outraged but fail to tell the whole story in their rants....

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Oceanbob
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jun 2010
                    • 12720

                    This helps


                    May the Bridges I burn light the way.

                    Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

                    Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      David13
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2012
                      • 901

                      That Tandemkross punch looks good. I need one of those.
                      The first time I took mine apart, what a nightmare. I had a hammer and some wood, and had to beat that thing silly to get it out. It was tight beyond belief.
                      And then the well at the back of the grip has razor sharp edges, so I sliced a finger nicely.
                      But you wouldn't have believed the pounding I had to do to get that pin to come out of the slide.
                      dc

                      Tandemkross also has a nice LCI eliminator to get. That can prevent some hang ups from the LCI.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1