Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

FrogLube AFTER SHTF?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    I Swan
    Calguns Addict
    • Sep 2010
    • 8770

    Is Froglube still a thing? I thought that silly fad was mostly over?

    Comment

    • #17
      Agent 0range
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2012
      • 1040

      I used it with no problems in CA, but Midwest winter temperatures caused it to solidify and gum up. I did the reverse of the original treatment. I heated all the treated parts with a heat gun to open the pores of the metal and liquify the FL. I quickly wiped the liquid off and used cotton balls soaked in 90% isopropyl alcohol to wipe everything down and let them dry. I then lightly coated everything with rem oil. No problems since.
      Originally posted by Mezcalfud
      Because a Glock looks great in the case and then when you take it home it feels like you're holding a Costco pack of Kielbasa.

      Comment

      • #18
        Chaos47
        Calguns Addict
        • Apr 2010
        • 6615

        Originally posted by -hanko
        I won't buy a lubricant (so-called, in this case) who's MSDS says nothing about the make-up of the product.

        Nor would I buy a lubricant claiming it meets the CLP Mil-Spec, but won't provide either the name of the lab nor the test results.

        It is identical to Track-Lube, designed for amusement park rides. Seal 1 is repackaged FrogLube...google Trillium Marketing.

        Snake oil and a very expensive variety. Post above is correct, properly applied, Frog Lube has crap performance at low temperatures (FL has taken their Low Temp marketing BS off the web site), and the "inventor", actually a guy who figured out how to take mass quantities of TrackLube and put it into small containers and profit, is, in my opinion, whoring the SEAL's good name.

        I've never seen a government contract to purchase FrogLube, in spite of all the marketing hype.
        Pretty much my feelings as well.

        No ones gonna bite on OP using WD40 specialist?
        Why have so many products OP? You said that you also use CLP and Remoil... both are perfectly suited for exterior use... Remoil for Blued guns CLP for everything else. Or in most peoples case that don't have Remoil, CLP on everything.

        Comment

        • #19
          Napalm Bulldog
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2009
          • 4266

          Use this . http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/379...ease-14-oz-can

          Surprised how many don't know about it.

          Comment

          • #20
            SpookyWatcher
            Member
            • Apr 2015
            • 159

            Everyone relax. This wasn't another thread about frog lube performance. And debating. This was about requesting anecdotal info regarding the removal of frog lube in the event of SHTF or if I just don't like it. And to the gentlemen telling me to use the search..get a grip. What do you think I did? For days now. And not once did I come upon any info about the removal of the product. Damn I swear some of you are so trigger happy with your responses.

            To those who actually contributed..Thank You very much. I like trying new things but am cautious about such a change.

            As long as it is easy to remove (via alcohol per suggestion above) I think I'll give a small tub a try and see the performance myself.

            And to Chaos...this is why I use WD40 specialist for strictly external. http://www.dayattherange.com/?page_id=3667

            Comment

            • #21
              essjay
              Senior Member
              • Jun 2014
              • 1429

              I feel like the real question is if Froglube holds up as well as Twinkies do.

              Comment

              • #22
                SpookyWatcher
                Member
                • Apr 2015
                • 159

                "Use this .http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/379...z-canSurprised how many don't know about it."

                I've always got a spare $13 burning a whole. I just might check it out. Thx for suggestion

                Comment

                • #23
                  Quiet
                  retired Goon
                  • Mar 2007
                  • 30242

                  Originally posted by I Swan
                  Is Froglube still a thing? I thought that silly fad was mostly over?
                  sigpic

                  "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    newbee1111
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2011
                    • 536

                    I'm sure one of my biggest worries in a SHTF scenarios will be the relative performance of different gun lubrication products and not say like managing my dwindling water supply or something like that.
                    SAF Life Member

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      bluedsteel
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2013
                      • 649

                      In SHTF scenario, just use motor oil. Easy to find.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        IrishJoe3
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 3804

                        Originally posted by FresnoRob
                        Any of the name brand gun lubes are going to be hard to find in a SHTF situation. I do use Froglube and have not had any brakedown of the product. Perhaps I shoot and clean often enough to prevent it.
                        Oh....I've got about 8 quarts of gun oil sitting the the driveway. 5w30 should do the trick, complete with a 3 foot long applicator stick.
                        Urban legends are a poor basis for making public policy.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Noonanda
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 3404

                          Originally posted by newbee1111
                          I'm sure one of my biggest worries in a SHTF scenarios will be the relative performance of different gun lubrication products and not say like managing my dwindling water supply or something like that.
                          How can you be so short sighted and narrow minded?
                          "You see in this world theres two kinds of people my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig... You Dig" Blondie from TGBU

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            BillyGoatCrawler
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 2006
                            • 2583

                            LoL. You're talking about SHTF and being picky on what lube you use in your gun? You could run the thing dry and it will probably last longer than you will.

                            Use whatever lubricant you can find from olive oil to motor oil and never discount the lubricity of fromunda cheese. Worry about food/water.
                            Kunar Prov, A'stan '08-'09, 1-26 INF

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              Stan08
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2008
                              • 1207

                              Weapons oil in SHTF? Look for the wreakage of a newer, nicer car. Drain oil, it will probably a synthetic which will work fine.
                              Please visit my firearms training website at http://www.stcrispian.com

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                RHT447
                                Member
                                • Oct 2005
                                • 239

                                More SHTF lube---drain the transmission for ATF. One of the finest all purpose high-pressure, high-temp lubes out there.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1