Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What's the #1 class you'd recommend if..

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SoCalEnthusiast
    Senior Member
    • May 2013
    • 1734

    What's the #1 class you'd recommend if..

    you've already had a basic firearms training class ages, with some other classes from you friends?

    Recommendations, comments? Advise on my 2nd proper class would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!
  • #2
    afteractionreport
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2013
    • 2867

    Foward assist training
    Kyle "Kenosha Kid" Rittenhouse did nothing wrong

    Comment

    • #3
      P5Ret
      Calguns Addict
      • Oct 2010
      • 6397

      Originally posted by SoCalEnthusiast
      Are you that good? Where do you frequent? Maybe I've run into you before. Usually I have a few peeps around me taking notes on how to properly shoot with impeccable accuracy. Maybe you seen me?
      Why is a class necessary? What can anyone teach you that you haven't achieved on your own?

      Seriously though maybe a basic pistol course with a real qualified instructor. Even though I'm sure that won't work for you since you've claimed expert status more than once before.

      Comment

      • #4
        SoCalEnthusiast
        Senior Member
        • May 2013
        • 1734

        I've already taking basic pistol course. I just think anytime you can get more schooling, the better off you are. I think you would agree with that.

        Comment

        • #5
          P5Ret
          Calguns Addict
          • Oct 2010
          • 6397

          Originally posted by SoCalEnthusiast
          you've already had a basic firearms training class ages, with some other classes from you friends?

          Recommendations, comments? Advise on my 2nd proper class would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!
          Originally posted by SoCalEnthusiast
          I've already taking basic pistol course. I just think anytime you can get more schooling, the better off you are. I think you would agree with that.
          The maybe perhaps you should have stated that you took a basic handgun course and not a basic firearms course as they are not the same thing.

          A bit more information as to what classes are available and where you are planning to go to receive formal instruction may aid people in pointing you in the right direction. Defensive handgun may be a good starting point, but keep in mind that if you go in with your know it all attitude you very well may be asked to leave. Instructor's have little patience for that, and are focused on people who want to learn and learn correctly.

          Comment

          • #6
            SuperSet
            Calguns Addict
            • Feb 2007
            • 9048

            You'll want to visit the Competition/Training sub-forum. These 2 links there will get you started.



            Comment

            • #7
              Sharp Shooter
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2013
              • 1128

              Originally posted by SoCalEnthusiast
              Well I'm not one to brag but I shot superb (just like every time). It's good being such a perfect shot like myself. I'm definitely one that impresses the rangemaster every time I go. Without a doubt.
              Originally posted by SoCalEnthusiast
              What's pretty cool about the range I go to, is that I turn heads when I enter the building. I'm rather well known at my range. A lot of peeps ask for helpful hints on how to shoot like a master. I obviously share. It's good being me.
              It seems with your mad skillz you should be teaching a course not taking one.

              Comment

              • #8
                SoCalEnthusiast
                Senior Member
                • May 2013
                • 1734

                Originally posted by P5Ret
                The maybe perhaps you should have stated that you took a basic handgun course and not a basic firearms course as they are not the same thing.

                A bit more information as to what classes are available and where you are planning to go to receive formal instruction may aid people in pointing you in the right direction. Defensive handgun may be a good starting point, but keep in mind that if you go in with your know it all attitude you very well may be asked to leave. Instructor's have little patience for that, and are focused on people who want to learn and learn correctly.
                In class I show extreme discipline and respect to the teacher. That's a must.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Mitch
                  Mostly Harmless
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 6580

                  Originally posted by afteractionreport
                  Foward assist training
                  Originally posted by cockedandglocked
                  Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    hermosabeach
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 19845

                    If you have not purchased a shot timer... add it to the list...
                    If you do not have a range/ place to shoot where you can draw, move and shoot... add it to the list....

                    but the competition thread has lots of great info
                    Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

                    Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

                    Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

                    Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
                    (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      TheExiled
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2012
                      • 2933

                      What was wrong with the suggestions youve gotten in every one of your past threads?
                      Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        gunhun
                        Member
                        • Nov 2012
                        • 371

                        Originally posted by Sharp Shooter
                        It seems with your mad skillz you should be teaching a course not taking one.
                        narcissistic personality disorder? Or full blown bipolar?

                        Just messin around OP....

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          SoCalEnthusiast
                          Senior Member
                          • May 2013
                          • 1734

                          I'd love to teach classes, right now Im just honing my skills.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            SoCalEnthusiast
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2013
                            • 1734

                            I'm an OC kinda guy. The thing with myself is, I like to pay a little bit more money and get a "private" class. Primarily because I can afford it and I learn better that way.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              HighWildFree
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2011
                              • 2103

                              Hunter Safety Class, take the kids as well.
                              "Bangarang Peter!"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1