Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

I love Big 5 Sporting goods

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    djbooya
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2008
    • 816

    BTW: There might be a 20% off coupon for Big 5 in your area. Check their website. I'm going to use mine tomorrow for the National Ammo day buy to get some bullets that aren't too overpriced. They don't exclude ammo, but they do exclude firearms. 10% off if the item is already discounted.. coupon expires 11/19.
    DJBooya
    "Try Not! Do or Do Not. There is no Try..."
    iTrader: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...rader-feedback

    Comment

    • #32
      Casual Observer
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2008
      • 1400

      Originally posted by radioburning
      I have a 12 gauge Deagle that takes clips.
      a wicked gat fo' sho'.

      Comment

      • #33
        CSACANNONEER
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Dec 2006
        • 44094

        Originally posted by Heavy_Grinder
        here we go again with this whole 'shotty' thing.

        Can we all agree that 'HEAT, GAT, CANNON, and PIECE'.....are acceptable ?????
        Cannon is acceptable if it is one.
        NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
        California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
        Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
        Utah CCW Instructor


        Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

        sigpic
        CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

        KM6WLV

        Comment

        • #34
          otteray
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2006
          • 3246

          It's from the abbreviated term for calling "shotgun;" as in, "dibs on sitting in the front passenger seat by the window!"
          There was a derogatory term for the guy who was stuck sitting in the middle; but I can't recall it right off the bat...
          sigpic
          Single fin mentality

          Comment

          • #35
            joemama
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2008
            • 2333

            actually i'm pretty sure the term "shotty" originated in Halo. It continued on into halo 2 and 3. "T-bagging" became a sport shortly thereafter.

            btw thats almost as bad as when i asked one of the associates working in the gun section of Bass Pro Shop where the clips and magazines were and she said "oh... over by the registers in the front." and promptly walked off.
            Last edited by joemama; 11-18-2008, 8:27 PM.

            Comment

            • #36
              weezil_boi
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2007
              • 1305

              sabot slugs and smooth bore... no prob.

              oh.... by the way....

              ...shotty

              Comment

              • #37
                jmzhwells
                Senior Member
                • May 2008
                • 1111

                while talking of the shotty, gat, blah blah whatever else, we shoulnt forget the tre five seven.
                Originally posted by bohoki
                oh man i think i threw up in my mouth a little
                Originally posted by Soldier415
                My staff is now at 10 beers, and has a tactical red lgt ont it, and is being ttached to me by a single point sling

                i AM THE WISEST MOST TACTICAL WIZARD

                Comment

                • #38
                  djbooya
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2008
                  • 816

                  Originally posted by otteray
                  ...
                  There was a derogatory term for the guy who was stuck sitting in the middle; but I can't recall it right off the bat...
                  b.t.h
                  DJBooya
                  "Try Not! Do or Do Not. There is no Try..."
                  iTrader: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...rader-feedback

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    JDay
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 19393

                    Originally posted by Spyder
                    Don't forget the NOS stickers! Adds 47 calibers to ANY assault weapon!
                    Black paint works better.
                    Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace. -- James Madison

                    The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      joea
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2007
                      • 1018

                      I remember a few years back my 1st encounter with the term "shotty" was with my my neighbor Will. (who since has moved) While were talking on the driveway, a hot jail bait chica walks by and Will says something like "Stay away from that 'cause poppy's got a shotty."
                      I da^m near lost it! Every time I hear "shotty" I think of that moment. .75 cha ching!
                      Originally Posted by Josh3239 View Post
                      Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns,
                      It sounds like he doesn't own any mil-surps.

                      Originally posted by pullnshoot25
                      What does T&A mean?
                      Originally posted by pingpong
                      What does TaN mean?
                      Originally posted by joea
                      What does T, A & F mean?

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        jcaoloveshine
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2007
                        • 2654

                        I once called Big 5 asking if they had a Marlin 925R in stock and I got transferred to shoes.
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          Paratus et Vigilans
                          In Memoriam
                          • Nov 2006
                          • 1510

                          Originally posted by jcaoloveshine
                          I once called Big 5 asking if they had a Marlin 925R in stock and I got transferred to shoes.
                          Lucky they didn't transfer you to the fishing gear section!
                          sigpic
                          Paratus et Vigilans

                          Prepared and On Guard
                          "A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take from you all you have." - Gerald R. Ford

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            djbooya
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2008
                            • 816

                            Originally posted by Paratus et Vigilans
                            Lucky they didn't transfer you to the fishing gear section!
                            Just visited my local big 5, picked up some rounds for national ammo day and may be going back to pick up a Mosin Nagant they had..
                            DJBooya
                            "Try Not! Do or Do Not. There is no Try..."
                            iTrader: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...rader-feedback

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              rtlltj
                              Senior Member
                              • Jun 2008
                              • 780

                              Auto shotty!
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                baldoHHO
                                Member
                                • Sep 2008
                                • 462

                                I was in looking at some knives and the manager walked up "see anything
                                you like?"- yes i was looking for that 25% discount coupon so i can buy some things i replied..he chuckled and authorized it (it was not a sale day).
                                I used the same line At Best Buy looking at a projector clearanced and
                                the guy extended a discount...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1