Got a new Mossberg 500. When loading the magazine, it sometimes gets stuck. For example, I load 3 shells and the fourth won't go in. To fix it, I have to unload it and start over. After a few tries (loading until stuck, then unloading and starting over) I can get all five in. I have removed the dowel. What might be the problem and how can I fix it?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
New Mossberg 500 loading issues
Collapse
X
-
New Mossberg 500 loading issues
Tags: None -
What shells are you using?Originally posted by SBCZILLA (ARFCOM)Its a ****in tube, one end capped, one end threaded. Dont over think it. -
I would check to see if there is a plug, or possible the spring is crooked, damaged, or bent. (not sure what its called but the tube where the shell goes :P)Got a new Mossberg 500. When loading the magazine, it sometimes gets stuck. For example, I load 3 shells and the fourth won't go in. To fix it, I have to unload it and start over. After a few tries (loading until stuck, then unloading and starting over) I can get all five in. I have removed the dowel. What might be the problem and how can I fix it?Comment
-
the follower getting kinked over somehow?NRA Patron Member
I've written up my ongoing adventures as I learn to hunt.
Yes, you CAN fit a case of shotgun shells into a .50cal ammo can.
I think i found an optimal solution for ammo can labeling.
I made this target for the NRA's Marksman pistol test. I think it's a lot better than the paper plate they suggest.Comment
-
These are ordinary 2 3/4" buckshot shells. I removed the plug (called it a dowel in the original post). I can get all 5 in there, just takes a few tries. Any advice on how to analyze the gun? Do I need to take it apart?Comment
-
Taking it apart would be the easiest way to find out, although you probrably only need to take out the plug to figure it outComment
-
Be careful when removing that mag tube to check the follower. I have heard that they use locktite and the tube is aluminum, so if you're not careful, you can easily bend your tube and make a small problem much worse! I know the mag tube on mine is in there really good.Disclaimer: For all you know, I am just some dude on the internet. The advice I give is worth what you have paid for it!
Comment
-
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,699
Posts: 25,150,565
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,829
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 16565 users online. 66 members and 16499 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment