Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Shot my First 25!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • midlife
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2013
    • 711

    Shot my First 25!

    Had a great day at the range! Shot my first 24 and then a 25 two rounds later!

    For the first time, I felt like I was connected to my shotgun.
    ----------------------------
    K80 Trap Special
  • #2
    bigbearbear
    Calguns Addict
    • Jun 2011
    • 5378

    Very nice! Which shotgun did you use?

    Comment

    • #3
      midlife
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2013
      • 711

      I sold the 1187. Same as your's!
      ----------------------------
      K80 Trap Special

      Comment

      • #4
        midlife
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2013
        • 711

        Only thing I've added so far is a 6oz Briley Mag Cap. And also put in the lefty shim, and put a left recoil pad on the gun.
        ----------------------------
        K80 Trap Special

        Comment

        • #5
          midlife
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2013
          • 711

          BTW. Thank you to everyone who told me to learn to shoot lefty as I'm left eye dominant. It's taken about 6 weeks to get used to it, but it was worth it!
          ----------------------------
          K80 Trap Special

          Comment

          • #6
            actium31
            Member
            • Jun 2012
            • 403

            Congrats! Them's are good scores

            Comment

            • #7
              big al
              Member
              • May 2008
              • 283

              Congrats!

              Comment

              • #8
                RayPDA
                Senior Member
                • Sep 2011
                • 909

                Congrats, that was fast ! now for your 50-75-100 straights!

                On a sidenote(plug) - if you're wanting to join a good trap club, Tri County Trap Club shoots at Redlands on the 1st Sun of every month - you're welcome to join us and shoot as a guest, and you can join if you like it. Good people, great shooters. It's non-registered, so you don't have to be an ATA member to shoot. www.tricountytrap.com

                Comment

                • #9
                  midlife
                  Senior Member
                  • Jul 2013
                  • 711

                  Sounds like fun. It's a little far for me though.
                  ----------------------------
                  K80 Trap Special

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Legasat
                    Intergalactic Member
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 4151

                    Congrats! A feat I have not yet mastered.
                    ..

                    .........STGC(SW)


                    SAF Life Member

                    sigpic
                    NRA Benefactor

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      midlife
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2013
                      • 711

                      Not sure why I did it yesterday. I was tired. And it was freezing.

                      It also helped having someone keep score. I thought I missed 1, but I guess I chipped it.
                      ----------------------------
                      K80 Trap Special

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        kdruff2
                        Senior Member
                        • Dec 2012
                        • 1218

                        Congrats! Were you wearing a hat at the time? If so, the tradition would be to allow your fellow gunners to shoot holes in it.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          midlife
                          Senior Member
                          • Jul 2013
                          • 711

                          Yes. They filled it w/ clays, taped it shut, and I threw it over about 20 shooters who all took a shot at it.

                          I was surprised at how little it was damaged.
                          Attached Files
                          ----------------------------
                          K80 Trap Special

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Khanan
                            Member
                            • Apr 2011
                            • 329

                            Congrats!

                            What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Tom-ADC
                              Veteran Member
                              • Apr 2010
                              • 3614

                              Originally posted by Khanan
                              Congrats!

                              Ditto!! Making the switch don't think I could have done it!
                              US Navy Retired, NRA Lifetime member. Member CRPA

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1