Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Will potential bans effect shotguns

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    fmunk
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2011
    • 3896

    A national ban is unlikely as long as the Republicans control the house. As for the state of California, past history has shown us that those ruling from the island of Sacramento will do whatever they wish—without participation from all sides to draft laws that actually make sense and make any meaningful impact on crime—regardless of what goes on in these forums.

    Thinking anything that goes on here (outside of CGF's direct efforts) can influence what goes on there, you might as well don your tin-foil hats.

    The reason you have people with low post counts asking stupid questions is because there are a lot of people out there caught up in the buying frenzy and are afraid to miss out... specifically those who have always wanted to purchase but never got off their asses to do something about it.
    Last edited by fmunk; 12-26-2012, 2:19 PM.


    FS: Atlas Bipod, Custom G23 RMR slide, ETS mags, Jagerwerks, Recover G26/27, CZ Scorpion bits, etc.

    Comment

    • #17
      deckhandmike
      Calguns Addict
      • Jan 2011
      • 8325

      "Will bans effect shotguns?" Hell yeah! I'll finally get around to buying a nice shotgun with all the money I save from buying EBR's.

      Comment

      • #18
        Bobio
        Member
        • Jul 2011
        • 351

        Originally posted by epilepticninja
        And that is what makes me think that some of the newbies starting threads are doing it for exactly that reason. The OP has already made quesiontable posts in other forums. People beware of threads like this. Don't post anything that may be used against us.
        I enjoy Calguns but some of its members are amazingly paranoid. I made a simple post. Yes I am a liberal. Yes I am a multiple gun owner. I have been thinking of buying a shotgun. Really just for home defense. I bought a military style rifle for fun. And it is. But after shooting it I feel it is not a great home defense weapon. Too long with no stopping power. There are other firearms I'd rather buy first like an AK. Since the posts here were either "we can't guess the weather" or they think I'm some troll trying to weaken Calguns pro gun base, I went to my local gun store today. Their stock of tactical shotguns was the same as it always is as we're their prices. So I would guess there is less threat to shotguns.

        To my paranoid Calgun friends yes I support some level of gun control but as a gun owner I also present pro-gun arguments to my anti gun friends.

        Comment

        • #19
          fmunk
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2011
          • 3896

          Originally posted by deckhandmike
          "Will bans effect shotguns?" Hell yeah! I'll finally get around to buying a nice shotgun with all the money I save from buying EBR's.
          LOL.


          FS: Atlas Bipod, Custom G23 RMR slide, ETS mags, Jagerwerks, Recover G26/27, CZ Scorpion bits, etc.

          Comment

          • #20
            fmunk
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2011
            • 3896

            Bobio,

            This is really the worst time ever to buy. But, if you find what you like and it's in-stock at reasonable (i.e. not abnormal) prices, go for it. Like prices on oil, I don't think firearm prices will decrease in this state. Normal prices here were already 10 to 20% over what one would normally see in a "free" state.

            On that note, I recommend taking a look at the Benelli Supernova at Rifle Gear for 500. Excellent pump gun with lots of great features. The status quo Remington 870 is cheaper, but once you add aftermarket bits to be comparable to the Supernova's standard features you'd be looking at about the same price, if not more.


            FS: Atlas Bipod, Custom G23 RMR slide, ETS mags, Jagerwerks, Recover G26/27, CZ Scorpion bits, etc.

            Comment

            • #21
              epilepticninja
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2010
              • 4166

              Originally posted by fmunk
              A national ban is unlikely as long as the Republicans control the house. As for the state of California, past history has shown us that those ruling from the island of Sacramento will do whatever they wish—without participation from all sides to draft laws that actually make sense and make any meaningful impact on crime—regardless of what goes on in these forums.

              Thinking anything that goes on here (outside of CGF's direct efforts) can influence what goes on there, you might as well don your tin-foil hats.

              The reason you have people with low post counts asking stupid questions is because there are a lot of people out there caught up in the buying frenzy and are afraid to miss out... specifically those who have always wanted to purchase but never got off their asses to do something about it
              While I agree with what you posted (nicely worded I might add), right now, paranoia in my book is a good thing. And for what it's worth, I'm only concerned about what is going to happen in this state. And to stay somewhat on topic, the current proposed legislature in CA is not directed at shotguns...yet.
              Former political prisoner who escaped on 9-24-23.

              Comment

              • #22
                land locked
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2008
                • 1015

                If you are a voting liberal, you probably help elect the state representitives that gave us the laws we have now. Enjoying freedom and voting against that freedom are incompatable. You should write your elected offical and ask them. I am sure they will have an answer for you.

                Originally posted by Bobio
                I enjoy Calguns but some of its members are amazingly paranoid. I made a simple post. Yes I am a liberal. Yes I am a multiple gun owner. I have been thinking of buying a shotgun. Really just for home defense. I bought a military style rifle for fun. And it is. But after shooting it I feel it is not a great home defense weapon. Too long with no stopping power. There are other firearms I'd rather buy first like an AK. Since the posts here were either "we can't guess the weather" or they think I'm some troll trying to weaken Calguns pro gun base, I went to my local gun store today. Their stock of tactical shotguns was the same as it always is as we're their prices. So I would guess there is less threat to shotguns.

                To my paranoid Calgun friends yes I support some level of gun control but as a gun owner I also present pro-gun arguments to my anti gun friends.

                Comment

                • #23
                  fmunk
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2011
                  • 3896

                  Originally posted by land locked
                  If you are a voting liberal, you probably help elect the state representitives that gave us the laws we have now. Enjoying freedom and voting against that freedom are incompatable. You should write your elected offical and ask them. I am sure they will have an answer for you.
                  Futile political debate starting in 3... 2...


                  FS: Atlas Bipod, Custom G23 RMR slide, ETS mags, Jagerwerks, Recover G26/27, CZ Scorpion bits, etc.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    CSACANNONEER
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 44094

                    Paraniod due to past history of exactly the same thing happening. Remember, just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me.


                    Those who forget history are bound to repeat it.
                    NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                    California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                    Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                    Utah CCW Instructor


                    Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                    sigpic
                    CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                    KM6WLV

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      BigRobb
                      Member
                      • Jul 2012
                      • 372

                      Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
                      Paraniod due to past history of exactly the same thing happening. Remember, just because I'm paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get me.


                      Those who forget history are bound to repeat it.

                      Exactly! Many people forget what the anti's have attempted or accomplished in the past. Alot of the anti's live in a fantasy land where disarming the law abiding public will magically make violent crime go down and make everyone safer. It all boils down to more CONTROL than gun control.

                      As for the topic of the thread? Shotguns that look "scary" just like rifles that look "scary" are always under the microscope. It's the easiest way to get an emotional response from the "useful idiots" who are uninformed. A gun that looks like grandpa's ol shotgun, or grandpa's ol rifle apparently are "not as bad" even if they are ballistically superior.

                      EDIT:

                      The irony in this thread is too good. Liberal voter concerned about their rights being infringed upon. More at 11
                      Last edited by BigRobb; 12-26-2012, 5:31 PM.
                      Sig SP2022 .40 S&W
                      Stag Arms Model 8
                      Remington 870
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Backcountry
                        Member
                        • Sep 2008
                        • 427

                        I hope the OP is the first person to lose their right to own a firearm. You are not part of the solution... you ARE the problem.
                        NSDQ

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Bobio
                          Member
                          • Jul 2011
                          • 351

                          Originally posted by Backcountry
                          I hope the OP is the first person to lose their right to own a firearm. You are not part of the solution... you ARE the problem.
                          Sorry you feel that way. By the way when I posted the remark about paranoid people I was referring to people who think I am making posts in an attempt to weaken the will of Calgun members. That is just not true. I post here because I think this is the best site to find out about gun issues facing Calirnia.

                          I don't think gun owners are paranoid about loosing their rights. Gun ownership have never been more threatened.
                          Last edited by Bobio; 12-26-2012, 5:47 PM.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            BigRobb
                            Member
                            • Jul 2012
                            • 372

                            Originally posted by Backcountry
                            I hope the OP is the first person to lose their right to own a firearm. You are not part of the solution... you ARE the problem.
                            I hope that NO one loses their rights. A person's views might differ...but don't wish something like that on someone.

                            And there is some paranoia involved, but alot of people just now what the liberal anti-gun right control freaks are capable of
                            Last edited by BigRobb; 12-26-2012, 5:57 PM.
                            Sig SP2022 .40 S&W
                            Stag Arms Model 8
                            Remington 870
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              aippi
                              Senior Member
                              • Jun 2009
                              • 2302

                              Loose his gun rights? For what? Posting a Question?

                              The last mess Clinto did had some effect on semi-auto shotgun but very little to none on pumps. No one knows what will come about this time. Our only saving hope is that Idiot Joe was put in charge.
                              JD McGuire, Owner
                              AI&P Tactical
                              Remington Law Enforcement Armorer
                              Mossberg LE Armorer
                              www.aiptactical.com
                              www.tacticalgunslings.com
                              If you're going to a gun fight, take a shotgun. If you can't take a shotgun, don't go.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                mxadam579
                                Senior Member
                                • Jun 2008
                                • 895

                                You got a better chance wining the lottery then tryin to think what laws they are gonna make

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1