I came across a video a while back on adapters that you can use to change the caliber you are shooting. I thought it was too cool to pass up and bought a 12ga to .22lr adapter. I've used it with no problems, so now (6 months later) i just got a 12ga to 9mm adapter. I love that for 25 bucks i can now shoot another kind of ammo. My question how ever is, would it be possible to make an adapter to shoot 5.56 out of a 12ga?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
12ga adapters
Collapse
X
-
12ga adapters
Tags: None -
That seems useless and silly... which makes me want one even more. ;-)NRA Patron Member
I've written up my ongoing adventures as I learn to hunt.
Yes, you CAN fit a case of shotgun shells into a .50cal ammo can.
I think i found an optimal solution for ammo can labeling.
I made this target for the NRA's Marksman pistol test. I think it's a lot better than the paper plate they suggest. -
i guess no one knows
Comment
-
It might be possible, IDK... the main problem I see though is length. if you just have a chamber adapter, you arent going to get much pressure(velocity) out of a 2.75" adapter when a 223 is 2.25" (that is a .5" "barrel")
If you have a longer adapter.... I guess it could work. Though there is also chamber pressure. Shotguns are rated around 11-14k psi, 9mm is around 35,000, and 223 is around 55,000. So an adapter for 9mm might reasonably add strength so a shotgun chamber could accommodate 35k... while an adapter might not be able to provide enough strength for 55k... Though I am certainly not an expert in that area, and this is all just my guess...Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,662
Posts: 25,150,285
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,868
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 15245 users online. 132 members and 15113 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment