I've always had a fondness for the look of the M37 and my dad was issued one in the 70's/80's as a police officer. I was looking at the Stevens 350 but they run $250 from Buds and have had some negative reviews as not being as reliable as the Ithica. So... went on soem auction sites, appears Ithicas can be picked up for $275-300 in the traditional 28" length, while the riot gun configurations go for a good deal more. It would be simple enough to cut it down and have a local smith remount a bead. So how about it? Anybody own/use M37's? Feedback? Good or bad? Ease of dissassembly/cleaning?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Ithica model 37 users here??
Collapse
X
-
Ithica model 37 users here??
Buying a safe and sane firework is like paying a hooker for a hug. I do not see the appeal in it.Tags: None -
I like your second plan with a slight addition
buy the Ithaca with a 28" and then track down an additional 28" barrel
That is the route I went with my Wingmaster
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
-
Love my 37. Picked it up at Krausewerk for ~$300. Looks good, fits me well. I dig bottom load/bottom eject. I don't have any experience with the riot guns, but mine with a 26" improved cylinder bbl. will bust trap clays all day long.No government deprives its citizens of rights without asserting that its actions are "reasonable" and "necessary" for high-sounding reasons such as "public safety."
A right that can be regulated is no right at all, only a temporary privilege dependent upon the good will of the very government
officials that such right is designed to constrain.Comment
-
I wish. First shotgun I used was a 20 gauge Ithaca 37. Want. Bad.PRO PELLE CUTEM
"Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep forever"- Thomas Jefferson, 1785
Originally posted by bwieseGold standard is for idiots.Originally posted by J.P.MorganMoney is gold, and nothing else.Comment
-
A nicely worked in Model 37 is pure joy to shoot in any barrel length. I don't see them too often on the trap field as the design necessitates loading the mag tube and running the gun. Most of the guys I shoot with get pissy if they can't see your gun open between shots.
If I was looking for one I'd take a similar tack to as suggested above... find a nice example with a standard length magazine, barrel length not important. Buy it and then go about finding the other length of barrel you want / need to complement.
-- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun
Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.
Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James MadisonComment
-
I have a pre dis-connector parkerized featherweight model. I paid 300 for mine, they are great guns. The early ones will slam fire.
Comment
-
You can't go wrong with an Ithaca. I love both of mine.
Here's one for sale for $300 http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=536416
Last edited by cindynles; 06-29-2012, 4:04 PM."Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." B.Franklin,1759Comment
-
Love my ithaca, replaced my Benelli nova as my HD gun. Lighter, seems to pattern better, and there is someting about parkerized steel and wood stock and forearm that gives you that warm fuzzy feeling.sigpic I am only here for the milk and cookiesComment
-
-
I love my Ithaca. Carried one on duty for 32 years. I own a Model 37 Deerslayer Police Special with rifle sights that is my HD gun. I will never sell it.LASD Retired
1978-2011
NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
NRA Rifle Instructor
NRA Shotgun Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
DOJ Certified InstructorComment
-
There is a rumor floating around the net that LASD is going to replace their M37 DSPS' soon. We could see some hitting the market in the not too distant future. If we do, I will be adding another M37 to my collection."Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." B.Franklin,1759Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,584
Posts: 25,149,488
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,889
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 28646 users online. 119 members and 28527 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment