Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Rock Island Armory M5 Shotgun

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Huge Grant
    Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 225

    Rock Island Armory M5 Shotgun

    Guys, I got my first shotgun, the RIA M5. $222 OTD from GoG, via Markley's in Watsonville. Man, GoG is the best thing ever... nothing beats getting a truly NIB gun, wrapped in manufacturer plastic and slathered with lubricant. My only regret is that like a week later they got a shipment of the ones with the Nickel finish, which I definitely would have gotten instead of the parkerized. It has a 20" barrel w/heat shield and bead sight, 5-shot tube, jeweled bolt, and the stock holds 2 extra shells which is cool.

    I'm not too hip on shotguns, but I've read it's a copy of the old High Standard Police model, which I guess was a solid design. It looks much like my buddy's Mossy 500, and I've also heard that some parts may or may not be interchangeable with the 500. But I'm not modifying it much at all other than the Limbsaver pad that's on it. Maybe a 7-shot tube someday, but I don't want to spoil the value/pricepoint right now.

    Here's some quick and dirty iPhone pics.


    Last edited by Huge Grant; 04-29-2012, 11:31 AM.
    Originally posted by thud916
    I have to admit I like carrying anything new I buy around the house with me. Wife caught me taking a growler wearing body armor and holding a Spike Tactical.
  • #2
    alfred1222
    Calguns Addict
    • Jan 2010
    • 7331

    Congrats!! nice shotgun!!
    Originally posted by Kestryll
    This guy is a complete and total idiot.
    /thread.

    ΦΑ

    Comment

    • #3
      stilly
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jul 2009
      • 10685

      OMG an illegal gun! I know because it has the "shoulder thing that goes UP"!


      LMAO.

      Nice buy. That is a good price too. I saw them out here at Bullseye for around $250 or something I think.
      Last edited by stilly; 04-29-2012, 6:46 PM.
      7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

      Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



      And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

      Comment

      • #4
        hcbr
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2010
        • 4733

        $222 is not bad of a deal, nice buy
        Be the change that you wish to see in the world.Mahatma Gandhi

        "A bullet sounds the same in every language..."
        ― Stewie Griffin (Family Guy Episode: Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story 2005)

        Comment

        • #5
          xtra870
          Member
          • Jun 2008
          • 375

          What is GoG?

          Comment

          • #6
            Huge Grant
            Member
            • Mar 2011
            • 225

            Originally posted by xtra870
            What is GoG?
            galleryofguns.com
            Originally posted by thud916
            I have to admit I like carrying anything new I buy around the house with me. Wife caught me taking a growler wearing body armor and holding a Spike Tactical.

            Comment

            • #7
              xtra870
              Member
              • Jun 2008
              • 375

              thank you Huge Grant

              Comment

              • #8
                Jimmy310
                Senior Member
                • May 2009
                • 1766

                Those things are sweet! How easy is it to extend the magazine?



                WTT: Federal hydrashock 40s&w JHP's for 9mm fmj's locally


                http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=927721

                Comment

                • #9
                  coy80176
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 1917

                  Not a bad lookin' SG for just over $200...

                  if it's the High Standard design, they picked a fine pump to clone....I have one that's ~40+ years old...it's solid and the action is really smooth.

                  Congrats!


                  "When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power... like God must feel when he's holding a gun." - Homer

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Splash One
                    Junior Member
                    • Apr 2012
                    • 96

                    Awesome shotty! I dig the barrel shroud/shoulder thing that goes up Looks a lot like a trench gun which is awesome because I'm not sure I'd be able to get my hands on one of those anyway...
                    Came here for the gun porn, stayed for the... well yeah the gun porn made me stay.

                    My posts should be taken with a grain of salt as I am in no way an expert on anything.

                    Currently interested in purchasing a Ruger 10/22 in the Santa Clara County area. Preferably the compact/wood stock version. Leapers UTG Quadrail would be a major plus.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      MrExel17
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Feb 2011
                      • 9170

                      I like, congrats!
                      "Professionals practice to get it right, Operators practise to get it wrong."

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        InGrAM
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2010
                        • 3699

                        That is really cool, I had no idea RIA made shotguns. (to myself)

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Huge Grant
                          Member
                          • Mar 2011
                          • 225

                          Originally posted by Jimmy310
                          Those things are sweet! How easy is it to extend the magazine?
                          I don't know, but it doesn't seem like it would be too hard. The 7-shot magazine tube and spring can be had from Numrich (gunpartscorp.com) for about $30. The tube is currently sold out, though.
                          Originally posted by thud916
                          I have to admit I like carrying anything new I buy around the house with me. Wife caught me taking a growler wearing body armor and holding a Spike Tactical.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Huge Grant
                            Member
                            • Mar 2011
                            • 225

                            Originally posted by InGrAM
                            That is really cool, I had no idea RIA made shotguns. (to myself)
                            I didn't either, so don't feel bad. There's not a lot of info to be found on the 'net on this shotgun, so I think it's still pretty rare as far as market saturation goes. I bought it partly based on their great reputation for a value 1911 (which I have shot and taken apart... and could find absolutely nothing wrong with).
                            Originally posted by thud916
                            I have to admit I like carrying anything new I buy around the house with me. Wife caught me taking a growler wearing body armor and holding a Spike Tactical.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              pzfaust
                              Member
                              • Mar 2011
                              • 205

                              Originally posted by InGrAM
                              That is really cool, I had no idea RIA made shotguns. (to myself)
                              Me too! Another SG to consider. Most defiantly need a range report soon.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1