Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Maverick 88 barrel off center? (pics)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nowayitskevin
    Junior Member
    • May 2011
    • 4

    Maverick 88 barrel off center? (pics)

    Hello calguns

    I was practicing my mount the other day and I noticed something that is now troubling me. I'm not sure if I'm crazy, but I think my barrel is leaning toward the right. Can you see it too? It's a Maverick 88, btw.



    I know it's kinda dark and difficult to tell. Here's some help with the crafty Microsoft Paint.




    These are the best out of about 10 pictures that I've taken tonight. I'll try to get an above profile of the barrel. I've looked as much as I can and came to the conclusion that the barrel leans slightly to the right in relation to the receiver and magazine tube. I've double checked and triple checked to make sure that I have installed the barrel correctly. I already checked with Mossberg and they're asking me to send either the entire gun or just the barrel in for inspection. What should I expect? This is my first firearm and I don't know what I would be charged (if any) besides shipping. Please let me know if you have any idea, as this worries me in regards to the integrity of the longevity of the shotgun.

    Thanks for all your help!
  • #2
    big al
    Member
    • May 2008
    • 283

    check for cast, probably it's not neutral.

    Comment

    • #3
      kendog4570
      Calguns Addict
      • Dec 2008
      • 5180

      Go ahead and send the barrel to them. They are a good company, and they will fix you up. It is not too uncommon to have a bead off-center, especially on a budget riot gun. They will most likely replace it. Put a tiny mark somewhere on the barrel in a hidden spot so you will know if you get yours back, or a replacement.
      Good Luck,
      Ken

      Originally posted by nowayitskevin
      Hello calguns

      I was practicing my mount the other day and I noticed something that is now troubling me. I'm not sure if I'm crazy, but I think my barrel is leaning toward the right. Can you see it too? It's a Maverick 88, btw.



      I know it's kinda dark and difficult to tell. Here's some help with the crafty Microsoft Paint.




      These are the best out of about 10 pictures that I've taken tonight. I'll try to get an above profile of the barrel. I've looked as much as I can and came to the conclusion that the barrel leans slightly to the right in relation to the receiver and magazine tube. I've double checked and triple checked to make sure that I have installed the barrel correctly. I already checked with Mossberg and they're asking me to send either the entire gun or just the barrel in for inspection. What should I expect? This is my first firearm and I don't know what I would be charged (if any) besides shipping. Please let me know if you have any idea, as this worries me in regards to the integrity of the longevity of the shotgun.

      Thanks for all your help!

      Comment

      • #4
        Thecrazyone1
        Member
        • Sep 2010
        • 466

        Looks more like the reflection of the bead is more on the right. It's probably an optical illusion...

        Comment

        • #5
          bohoki
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jan 2006
          • 20826

          maverick is the cheap mossberg line it goes bang dont expect any more

          Comment

          • #6
            shellslinger
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2011
            • 930

            I would suggest getting it leveled in a place. Like in a bench rest position. Get a leveler put it on top of the receiver to make sure its leveled. Then go ahead and check if the bead is off center.
            Bounce a ball in Football that's a fumble. Baseball, no bouncing at all. Bounce a ball in Hockey, well that's a mandatory drug test right there...

            Comment

            • #7
              bjl333
              C3 Contributor
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Dec 2009
              • 7010

              Shoot it and see where the shots land.
              Wanna learn to shoot SKEET? I am here to introduce all shooters to the sport of SKEET Shooting ....
              CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT >>> SoCal Skeet Clinic
              SKEET SHOOTING CLINIC
              sigpic

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1