Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Maverick 88

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Ksmash01
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2008
    • 1308

    Originally posted by redrex
    +1

    I have only ever heard good things about them except from people who have never owned or even shot one. Remi fan boys I'm looking at you.
    I don't know what you're talking about...I own 2 870's, and I'm sort of fond of my friends Maverick(but I don't tell him that). I like the location of the safety in relation to the other controls on the 88 vs the 500. It wouldn't require to much re-learning to be able to run well, given the placement of the controls on the 88 vs the 500, for me.

    I'd probably buy an 88 before I got a 500. Depends on how much...
    Originally posted by Huey Freeman

    Jesus was Black, Ronald Reagan was the devil, and the Government lied about 9/11.
    Sub2k 9mm and Buckmark Rifle for sale:
    http://https://www.calguns.net/calgu...4#post25082924
    Bersa Thunder .380 Auto For Sale:
    https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...d.php?t=489111
    Romeo 4T and DPMS Upper for Sale:
    https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1417379
    https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1624850

    Comment

    • #17
      blazeaglory
      Calguns Addict
      • May 2011
      • 6370

      Remis are good shotguns but for the price I went with the maverick.

      The safety on the Maverick is alright but now that Ive messed with it and put my pistol grip on it I would like the thumb safety. I checked with my thumb and It feels like it might make it. The trigger safety is a bit weird feeling to me but its still alright.

      Its basically a mossberg 500 minus a bayo lug, thumb safety and a removable fore-grip.

      Specifications and features:
      Maverick 88 Security pump shotgun
      12 gauge
      6 round capacity
      18-1/2" barrel
      3" chamber
      Cylinder bore fixed choke
      Non ported barrel
      Cross bolt safety
      Dual extractors
      Twin action slide bars
      Brass front bead sight
      Black synthetic stock
      Blued metal finish
      1-1/2" drop at comb
      2-1/8" drop at heel
      39-1/2" overall length
      6-3/4 lbs.
      Barrels are compatible with Mossberg 500 shotguns

      $190



      Compared to mossy500

      Specifications and Features:
      Mossberg 500 Special Purpose Persuader pump action shotgun
      12 gauge
      18-1/2" barrel
      3" chamber
      6 round capacity
      Ambidextrous thumb safety
      Anti jam elevator
      Dual extractors
      Positive shell extraction & ejection
      Twin action bars
      Pistol grip kit included Bead sight
      Cylinder bore
      Black synthetic stock
      Blued finish
      Drilled & tapped
      39-1/2" overall length
      14-1/2" length of pull
      1-1/2" drop at comb
      2-1/8" drop at heel
      6-3/4 lbs.

      $314
      A note to the NSA or anyone gathering information on me, this disclaimer is for you..."Everything I type on this website Is purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. None of it is true."

      Also, sometimes I type in CAPS to emphasize a POINT. Please dont interpret that as YELLING. Sorry if I HURT any fuzzy little bunny's FEELINGS out there.

      Comment

      • #18
        Lead Waster
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Sep 2010
        • 16650

        Someone mentioned to me that the Mossberg combo that they sell at Big5 is a hybrid 500/88. The fore end is an 88 or something like that.
        ==================

        sigpic


        Remember to dial 1 before 911.

        Forget about stopping power. If you can't hit it, you can't stop it.

        There. Are. Four. Lights!

        Comment

        • #19
          Cali-Shooter
          Calguns Addict
          • Oct 2009
          • 9192

          Originally posted by blazeaglory
          Remis are good shotguns but for the price I went with the maverick.

          The safety on the Maverick is alright but now that Ive messed with it and put my pistol grip on it I would like the thumb safety. I checked with my thumb and It feels like it might make it. The trigger safety is a bit weird feeling to me but its still alright.

          Its basically a mossberg 500 minus a bayo lug, thumb safety and a removable fore-grip.

          Specifications and features:
          Maverick 88 Security pump shotgun
          12 gauge
          6 round capacity
          18-1/2" barrel
          3" chamber
          Cylinder bore fixed choke
          Non ported barrel
          Cross bolt safety
          Dual extractors
          Twin action slide bars
          Brass front bead sight
          Black synthetic stock
          Blued metal finish
          1-1/2" drop at comb
          2-1/8" drop at heel
          39-1/2" overall length
          6-3/4 lbs.
          Barrels are compatible with Mossberg 500 shotguns

          $190



          Compared to mossy500

          Specifications and Features:
          Mossberg 500 Special Purpose Persuader pump action shotgun
          12 gauge
          18-1/2" barrel
          3" chamber
          6 round capacity
          Ambidextrous thumb safety
          Anti jam elevator
          Dual extractors
          Positive shell extraction & ejection
          Twin action bars
          Pistol grip kit included Bead sight
          Cylinder bore
          Black synthetic stock
          Blued finish
          Drilled & tapped
          39-1/2" overall length
          14-1/2" length of pull
          1-1/2" drop at comb
          2-1/8" drop at heel
          6-3/4 lbs.

          $314
          They look and function exactly the same way. If you aren't going to change out a thing, or not modify your shotgun much, Maverick 88 wins. You can't beat that price vs. quality ratio.
          In Glock We Trust.
          Originally posted by jeep7081
          My wife sleeps better knowing we have a zombie killer... Saiga AK47! Although my neighbor with his AR has restless nights.
          Originally posted by AleksandreCz
          Thank god the Federal Government is there to protect us from the Federal Government
          WTS: Revision 'Desert Locust' tactical Ballistic/Protective eyewear goggles NEW & USED pairs
          http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=737563

          Comment

          • #20
            Arisaka
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2010
            • 2153

            $187 at WalMart!!
            PRO PELLE CUTEM
            "Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep forever"- Thomas Jefferson, 1785
            Originally posted by bwiese
            Gold standard is for idiots.
            Originally posted by J.P.Morgan
            Money is gold, and nothing else.

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1