Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Neat little mod/upgrade I thought I'd share.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ketsugo
    Member
    • Jun 2011
    • 326

    Neat little mod/upgrade I thought I'd share.

    Last edited by Ketsugo; 08-18-2011, 5:37 PM. Reason: .
    A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders. ~ Larry Elder

  • #2
    bjl333
    C3 Contributor
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Dec 2009
    • 7010

    Nice!!
    Wanna learn to shoot SKEET? I am here to introduce all shooters to the sport of SKEET Shooting ....
    CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT >>> SoCal Skeet Clinic
    SKEET SHOOTING CLINIC
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      Richard Erichsen
      Senior Member
      CGN Contributor
      • Jan 2011
      • 1911

      Originally posted by Ketsugo
      Decided I liked the idea of a more visible shell follower so I modified the stock follower in my Winchester 8 shot Defender 1300. The pics tell the rest of the story.

      Follower removed and cleaned up.
      I would have use the new Duracote for a part like this, since it has some dry lubricant film properties in addition to being available in the bright colors that are ideal for a follower, but well done sir.

      R
      Mangler of loose parts into modernized boom sticks

      "Your breathing should be slow and steady. It should sound like HEE HEE HOOOOOOOOooooooo!!!" - CBruce

      Comment

      • #4
        Ketsugo
        Member
        • Jun 2011
        • 326

        Originally posted by Richard Erichsen
        I would have use the new Duracote for a part like this, since it has some dry lubricant film properties in addition to being available in the bright colors that are ideal for a follower, but well done sir.

        R
        Yea, the paint is just on the head of the follower so none of it contacts the mag tube, and thanks.
        A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders. ~ Larry Elder

        Comment

        • #5
          CmpsdNoMore
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2008
          • 1699

          I have an aftermarket orange follower in my Mossberg 500. It's great in how easy it is to both physically and visually check the tube to make sure it's clear.

          Comment

          • #6
            Khanan
            Member
            • Apr 2011
            • 329

            Originally posted by CmpsdNoMore
            I have an aftermarket orange follower in my Mossberg 500. It's great in how easy it is to both physically and visually check the tube to make sure it's clear.
            Unless you are using shells with bright orange hulls. I saw some shells with bright pink hulls in Turners today. I was all WTF???

            Cabela's has them too! Pink hulled shotgun shells.
            What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              Ketsugo
              Member
              • Jun 2011
              • 326

              Originally posted by tihstae
              Unless you are using shells with bright orange hulls. I saw some shells with bright pink hulls in Turners today. I was all WTF???

              Cabela's has them too! Pink hulled shotgun shells.
              Marketed towards women and for a good cause, but how can they be over $2.00 per shell?


              Regular Price: $64.99
              Sale Price: $52.99
              Item: IK-217963
              UPC: 29465528522
              Last edited by Ketsugo; 08-06-2011, 9:20 PM. Reason: .
              A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders. ~ Larry Elder

              Comment

              • #8
                Thefeeder
                Calguns Addict
                • Jun 2007
                • 5007

                Originally posted by Ketsugo
                Marketed towards women and for a good cause, but how can they be over $2.00 per shell?


                Regular Price: $64.99
                Sale Price: $52.99
                Item: IK-217963
                UPC: 29465528522

                Psssssssst ....52.99 per case of 250..... not per box

                Comment

                • #9
                  Ketsugo
                  Member
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 326

                  Originally posted by Thefeeder
                  Psssssssst ....52.99 per case of 250..... not per box
                  LOL
                  A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders. ~ Larry Elder

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Ketsugo
                    Member
                    • Jun 2011
                    • 326

                    I'v put about 30 rounds through the gun since the mod was completed. Took the follower out for inspection. No wear or chipping of any kind.
                    A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders. ~ Larry Elder

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1