Here are the FACTS from my own Personal Experience
1st:
I bought an 870 Express Super Mag about 5 years ago. A very good friend of mine bought the Nova about 4 years ago. Both of us maintain our guns well...him probably more so than myself.
2nd:
We both use the guns extensively for Dove, Pheasant, Rabbit, and Duck. And we have both fired thousands of rounds through each of our guns...every thing from light 2-3/4" target loads to 3-1/2" BlackClouds.
3rd:
Both guns were the same price. (within $25)
4th:
We have both shot each others guns. I didn't care for the way his Nova felt in my hands...He wanted to trade.
and 5th:
Just this last duck season, we were out hunting a pond. After 2 birds each...he goes to take a shot. Click. Tries another round. Click. Tries another round. Click. Come to find out his firing pin is broken...yes broken. His morning hunt was over as I proceeded to limit out.
Finally:
I did have some extraction issues with the cheap winchester target loads...but the steel wool polishing trick recommended by aippi (Calgun's foremost shotgun expert) did the trick. And I would rather have to polish my chamber, then have a broken firing pin.
And this folks, is my basis for recommending the 870 over the Nova.
1st:
I bought an 870 Express Super Mag about 5 years ago. A very good friend of mine bought the Nova about 4 years ago. Both of us maintain our guns well...him probably more so than myself.
2nd:
We both use the guns extensively for Dove, Pheasant, Rabbit, and Duck. And we have both fired thousands of rounds through each of our guns...every thing from light 2-3/4" target loads to 3-1/2" BlackClouds.
3rd:
Both guns were the same price. (within $25)
4th:
We have both shot each others guns. I didn't care for the way his Nova felt in my hands...He wanted to trade.
and 5th:
Just this last duck season, we were out hunting a pond. After 2 birds each...he goes to take a shot. Click. Tries another round. Click. Tries another round. Click. Come to find out his firing pin is broken...yes broken. His morning hunt was over as I proceeded to limit out.
Finally:
I did have some extraction issues with the cheap winchester target loads...but the steel wool polishing trick recommended by aippi (Calgun's foremost shotgun expert) did the trick. And I would rather have to polish my chamber, then have a broken firing pin.
And this folks, is my basis for recommending the 870 over the Nova.


Comment