Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Hammer Pump Trench Gun

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • blazeaglory
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2011
    • 6370

    Hammer Pump Trench Gun

    I want it so bad but alas, its illegal in CA



    Cheaper Than Dirt! is America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter, and we live up to that title. Expect bulk ammo deals, discounts, gun care accessories and more
    A note to the NSA or anyone gathering information on me, this disclaimer is for you..."Everything I type on this website Is purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. None of it is true."

    Also, sometimes I type in CAPS to emphasize a POINT. Please dont interpret that as YELLING. Sorry if I HURT any fuzzy little bunny's FEELINGS out there.
  • #2
    Vash357
    Junior Member
    • May 2010
    • 79

    How is that illegal in CA? It's pump action isn't it? As I follow the flow chart it's fine, CTD is just stupid about CA law and probably thinks the bayonet lug isn't allowed. Federal AW ban included bayonet lugs, CA doesn't care so far as I can tell.

    Buds has it and will more than likely ship to CA http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/91409

    Comment

    • #3
      blazeaglory
      Calguns Addict
      • May 2011
      • 6370

      no its a slam pump type

      just squeeze the trigger and pump away
      A note to the NSA or anyone gathering information on me, this disclaimer is for you..."Everything I type on this website Is purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. None of it is true."

      Also, sometimes I type in CAPS to emphasize a POINT. Please dont interpret that as YELLING. Sorry if I HURT any fuzzy little bunny's FEELINGS out there.

      Comment

      • #4
        blazeaglory
        Calguns Addict
        • May 2011
        • 6370

        damn it seems that buds would send it...i thought the flow chart said "slam type" shotguns are illegal?

        either way THANK YOU!!

        EDIT: buds WILL send it but if it is a violation of CA law...

        "Many of the Guns we sell are not legal for purchase in California. You have selected California as either your billing or shipping address. Any firearms purchased from us which violate California law will be canceled and payment refunded. If your order includes any guns please click HERE to check it(s) legality before placing your order."
        Last edited by blazeaglory; 05-31-2011, 8:49 PM.
        A note to the NSA or anyone gathering information on me, this disclaimer is for you..."Everything I type on this website Is purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. None of it is true."

        Also, sometimes I type in CAPS to emphasize a POINT. Please dont interpret that as YELLING. Sorry if I HURT any fuzzy little bunny's FEELINGS out there.

        Comment

        • #5
          Vash357
          Junior Member
          • May 2010
          • 79

          Well, I don't see anything in the flow chart about it, but my guess is that since it's not something most shotguns do it hasn't been specifically outlawed, and is therefore ok in CA. The only thing I can thing of is maybe a multiple shot per trigger pull issue, but you do still have to pump the thing. It's not like the slidefire AR stock or any other multi-burst device. Personally I think it's fine, but I could well be wrong.

          Comment

          • #6
            blazeaglory
            Calguns Addict
            • May 2011
            • 6370

            dude i hope your right. that would be awesome because i really want that shotgun

            and for the life of me i cant seem to find the damn flow charts, can you send a link please? ive seriously been searching for a while. sometimes i find it quick, sometimes i dont.
            A note to the NSA or anyone gathering information on me, this disclaimer is for you..."Everything I type on this website Is purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. None of it is true."

            Also, sometimes I type in CAPS to emphasize a POINT. Please dont interpret that as YELLING. Sorry if I HURT any fuzzy little bunny's FEELINGS out there.

            Comment

            • #7
              Vash357
              Junior Member
              • May 2010
              • 79



              They're right at the top of the page, under AW & OLL Guides.

              Comment

              • #8
                smokinjohn
                Junior Member
                • Aug 2009
                • 12

                trench gun

                Hello,

                That is a copy (Chinese) of an 1897 Winchester. They will slam fire as will Ithaca Model 37's and some others. They are not illegal. The original Winchesters and copies are used by many in SASS matches and bought and sold in California. The Norinco branded ones have been disallowed from import for some time by the BATFE, but they are not illegal to possess.

                John

                Comment

                • #9
                  blazeaglory
                  Calguns Addict
                  • May 2011
                  • 6370

                  Originally posted by Vash357
                  http://www.calguns.net/caawid/sgflowchart.pdf

                  They're right at the top of the page, under AW & OLL Guides.
                  ahh. thnx man
                  A note to the NSA or anyone gathering information on me, this disclaimer is for you..."Everything I type on this website Is purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. None of it is true."

                  Also, sometimes I type in CAPS to emphasize a POINT. Please dont interpret that as YELLING. Sorry if I HURT any fuzzy little bunny's FEELINGS out there.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    blazeaglory
                    Calguns Addict
                    • May 2011
                    • 6370

                    ahh i interpreted #2 wrong, YOUR RIGHT...WOOHOO! happy days i found my shotgun!
                    A note to the NSA or anyone gathering information on me, this disclaimer is for you..."Everything I type on this website Is purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. None of it is true."

                    Also, sometimes I type in CAPS to emphasize a POINT. Please dont interpret that as YELLING. Sorry if I HURT any fuzzy little bunny's FEELINGS out there.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      blazeaglory
                      Calguns Addict
                      • May 2011
                      • 6370

                      Originally posted by smokinjohn
                      Hello,

                      That is a copy (Chinese) of an 1897 Winchester. They will slam fire as will Ithaca Model 37's and some others. They are not illegal. The original Winchesters and copies are used by many in SASS matches and bought and sold in California. The Norinco branded ones have been disallowed from import for some time by the BATFE, but they are not illegal to possess.

                      John
                      damnit its chinese? nothing against china but i want an American made trench gun. where does it say made in china? Interstate Arms Norinco is chinese?

                      EDIT: never mind i figured it out. oh well, at least the stock and corn cob pump are American, steel is steel i guess. although i would prefer to promote "buy American", sometimes it is unavoidable. the gun gets great reviews anyways
                      Last edited by blazeaglory; 05-31-2011, 10:35 PM.
                      A note to the NSA or anyone gathering information on me, this disclaimer is for you..."Everything I type on this website Is purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. None of it is true."

                      Also, sometimes I type in CAPS to emphasize a POINT. Please dont interpret that as YELLING. Sorry if I HURT any fuzzy little bunny's FEELINGS out there.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Jeffy
                        Member
                        • Jan 2003
                        • 460

                        Originally posted by blazeaglory
                        damnit its chinese? nothing against china but i want an American made trench gun. where does it say made in china? Interstate Arms Norinco is chinese?
                        Yes, Norinco is Chinese. They are mostly known for making the SKS and AK's. The Model 93, Model 87 and both Model 37's are built to a pretty high standard. Because they are popular in Cowboy Action shooting. IAC sent a well known 1897 gunsmith to China to help fix problems with the early guns. With the fixes and the use of modern machining, they are arguably better then the real thing.

                        A few years ago all of the IAC/Norinco shotguns started drying up because Norinco moved their factory to a new facility, so says IAC. This made the 93, 87 and 97's difficult to find. In the past few years they have started showing up on the market again. At least the Model 97 and 97T has. Not sure what happened to the M93 and M87 though.

                        Good luck finding an American made 1897 Trench. I haven't looked at them in a while but the ones I saw a few years ago were over $3000. Not to mention 50 to 100 years old. You can buy a 1897 with a long barrel for a couple hundred then have it cut down to 20" to make a Riot or add a heat shield and bayonet lug and make a Trench.

                        Oh and the Norinco's use American Walnut.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Charles M. Failure
                          I'm a Grumpy Bear
                          • May 2011
                          • 128

                          Originally posted by Vash357
                          How is that illegal in CA? It's pump action isn't it? As I follow the flow chart it's fine, CTD is just stupid about CA law and probably thinks the bayonet lug isn't allowed. Federal AW ban included bayonet lugs, CA doesn't care so far as I can tell.

                          Buds has it and will more than likely ship to CA http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/91409
                          My 590 has an "accessory lug"!
                          "Peace, schmeace. I want TACOS!!!"
                          Charles U. Farley

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            blazeaglory
                            Calguns Addict
                            • May 2011
                            • 6370

                            Originally posted by Jeffy
                            Yes, Norinco is Chinese. They are mostly known for making the SKS and AK's. The Model 93, Model 87 and both Model 37's are built to a pretty high standard. Because they are popular in Cowboy Action shooting. IAC sent a well known 1897 gunsmith to China to help fix problems with the early guns. With the fixes and the use of modern machining, they are arguably better then the real thing.

                            A few years ago all of the IAC/Norinco shotguns started drying up because Norinco moved their factory to a new facility, so says IAC. This made the 93, 87 and 97's difficult to find. In the past few years they have started showing up on the market again. At least the Model 97 and 97T has. Not sure what happened to the M93 and M87 though.

                            Good luck finding an American made 1897 Trench. I haven't looked at them in a while but the ones I saw a few years ago were over $3000. Not to mention 50 to 100 years old. You can buy a 1897 with a long barrel for a couple hundred then have it cut down to 20" to make a Riot or add a heat shield and bayonet lug and make a Trench.

                            Oh and the Norinco's use American Walnut.

                            http://www.iacshotguns.com/99t.html
                            who am i kidding, i was sold from the beginning...

                            i heard the new ones are better for shooting than the old ones due to better metallurgy techniques, i mean, would you really want to fire the **** out or an original? hehe i wouldnt (maybe just a few pumps)

                            thnx man
                            A note to the NSA or anyone gathering information on me, this disclaimer is for you..."Everything I type on this website Is purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. None of it is true."

                            Also, sometimes I type in CAPS to emphasize a POINT. Please dont interpret that as YELLING. Sorry if I HURT any fuzzy little bunny's FEELINGS out there.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Dozen Gauge
                              Member
                              • Feb 2011
                              • 178

                              That's a good price from CTD. Auction Arms has them listed at $429.00.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1