Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

UPDATE* Mossberg 930 Field/Security Combo Thread - 1st Impressions

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Capt Jack
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 1046

    Another update...

    Another update...

    I took her back out to the BLM spot and shot over 100 rounds at clays without a single hiccup! The wife, her sister and another friend took turns and did pretty well with it.

    The only minor issue is that a couple of the screws on top of the receiver walked out a bit. I probably won't be putting a scope or rail up there so I might just do a dab of lock tite so it doesn't happen again.

    About 300+ shells through her now and no problems!

    Comment

    • #17
      hcbr
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2010
      • 4733

      Nice!
      Be the change that you wish to see in the world.Mahatma Gandhi

      "A bullet sounds the same in every language..."
      ― Stewie Griffin (Family Guy Episode: Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story 2005)

      Comment

      • #18
        Capt Jack
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2008
        • 1046

        Update:

        I got the Nordic Components +2 Mag Extension for my birthday
        If you haven't already, I highly recommend checking out Amazon's Wishlist. I used to get crap and now my wife knows what I'm lusting after and can actually surprise me with stuff that I actually want .

        I cut the spring to about 16" past the end of the whole assembly and it took all 6 with no problems and about half of a 7th. I may go for the extended cap to see if I can get the 7th one in there. It might also need to be trimmed further as the last few shells are pretty tight. I'll try a range trip on Friday to see if I need to snip some more, but so far I like how she looks. Next up is a nylon shell carrier on the buttstock and a Big Dot instead of the bead and I think she will be ready.

        Clay buster by day, zombie slayer by night

        Comment

        • #19
          resident-shooter
          Banned
          • Sep 2009
          • 2777

          lewks sturrrdie

          Comment

          • #20
            e46sc3
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2012
            • 673

            Capt Jack ... Have any new pictures? I just picked up a combo and would like to get some ideas on what mods I might like to do ...

            Comment

            • #21
              Mp5marley
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2012
              • 1257

              Putting one in jail tommorow
              <iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/3o7WTCBePyp2GCamIM" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/scared-donald-trump-bernie-sanders-3o7WTCBePyp2GCamIM">via GIPHY</a></p>

              Comment

              • #22
                off grid
                Member
                • Jan 2012
                • 233

                Good to see you like it. I have the SPX version and just can not get use to it. 1st auto I have owned. I am going to trade mine for a good 590 A1. Good shooting to you.
                Offgrid

                Comment

                • #23
                  nssurge
                  Senior Member
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 787

                  Anyone know where to find one in stock? I've been searching for months

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Standard
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 2007
                    • 3676

                    I got mine at Tracy rifle and pistol. Seems like most places don't keep them on the shelf but can have them in before your 10 day wait is up. I've been very happy with my 18" home security model. I lowered the stock using the supplied spacer and it fits me a lot better now.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Rwhat
                      Junior Member
                      • Dec 2007
                      • 96

                      Same here. Can't seem to find one online. I wonder if Big 5 carrys these or can order them.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Capt Jack
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2008
                        • 1046

                        Both my buddy and I had to stalk Bud's to catch them in stock. As I understand it, Mossberg does production runs so you might have to wait until the next batch is produced.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1