ARe Heat SHields worth the money. Which company makes the best/most reliable.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Heat Shields
Collapse
X
-
Heat Shields
Tags: None -
what about when its 100 degrees out? it does make the shotgun look a little meaner also.Comment
-
Being 100 degrees out isn't going to make a heck of a lot of difference. I've been at the range when it's 90 out, didn't burn myself on the barrel and 10 degrees isn't gonna make much of a difference. Again, the heatshield is pointless unless you're going to be putting a serious amount of lead through your shotgun in a very short span of time with absolutely no time for it to cool down.
And if you're buying things for the look... I'm not even gonna get into that.Comment
-
Heat shields are worth the money for looks, that's about it... simply don't touch the barrel and you're ok.
Tacstar heatshield is like $39, not really a lot to make a cool firearm even 'cooler' (no pun)you don't rise to the occasion,
you just fall back on your level of training.Comment
-
I've burnt myself from my barrel quite a few times, especially when shooting clays. But there is no way I'd be caught dead with a heatshield on my shotgun. I'd rather burn.Comment
-
Mine came with one installed. I have no complaints about it. Doesn't add more than a minimal amount of weight and I have no need to take it off. It'll probably fill its role well when I get going full speed in defensive shotgun classes.Comment
-
If there was a high quality and rock solid one offered in blued finish, I'd put it on my Remington police 870. I like the way they look.URL="http://www.nra.org/"][/url]NRA Life MemberComment
-
just adds unnecessary weight and bulk.____________________________________
Deterrence, Not Disarmament, Ended the Cold War.
Comment
-
The reason that device was created was for Military shotguns that came with a bayonet. You have to grip the barrel to use the bayonet so that device was to protect the hand when you wrapped it around the barrel to use the bayonet in combat.
No bayonet, no heat shield needed. If you put one on a shotgun with no bayonet then it is just a tacti-fool accessory.JD McGuire, Owner
AI&P Tactical
Remington Law Enforcement Armorer
Mossberg LE Armorer
www.aiptactical.com
www.tacticalgunslings.com
If you're going to a gun fight, take a shotgun. If you can't take a shotgun, don't go.Comment
-
-
The rem 870 express dose have a mussel break on the end thats pretty mean. if i us it like a bayonet the heat shield could be useful.Comment
-
ATI IS JUNK RIGHT?Comment
-
no point...I got one for my Winchester 1300 when I was 18, your better off spending your money on a side saddle or bandoleer. But it does look mean.
sigpicComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,352
Posts: 25,147,129
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,484
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 26656 users online. 148 members and 26508 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment