Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Skeet Clinic for 10/10/10

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bjl333
    C3 Contributor
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Dec 2009
    • 7010

    Skeet Clinic for 10/10/10

    Today we had 6 shooters attending the clinic. A great goup of guys and gal. Don (coach) really did a good job of leading them in the right direction. I am happy that they are happy with the clinic. I had a chance to talk to everybody before I left for work!! Yes, I had to go to work again. The afternoon duties were left to Ken again. Thanks Ken !!

    Today's photo duties are left to ChrisToad. Thank you Chris.

    I hope more people could come out and try skeet. Its a fun game and it is not intimidating at all, after coach breaks it down to simple terms. See you out there on the field !!
    Wanna learn to shoot SKEET? I am here to introduce all shooters to the sport of SKEET Shooting ....
    CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT >>> SoCal Skeet Clinic
    SKEET SHOOTING CLINIC
    sigpic
  • #2
    novabrian
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2009
    • 2520

    I graduated twice.Does this mean I have a BA in Skeet?

    Comment

    • #3
      bjl333
      C3 Contributor
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Dec 2009
      • 7010

      Originally posted by novabrian
      I graduated twice.Does this mean I have a BA in Skeet?
      Skeet is a science not art !!! Hmmmmm ...

      Good to see you again, I hope both of you had fun .....
      Wanna learn to shoot SKEET? I am here to introduce all shooters to the sport of SKEET Shooting ....
      CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT >>> SoCal Skeet Clinic
      SKEET SHOOTING CLINIC
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        Picasso2
        Member
        • Jul 2010
        • 116

        Me too...

        I came back for a second dose today,
        and I had a great time meeting my fellow cal gunners.
        For me, the anxiety level was much lower today, now that I'm a little familiar with what's going on on the field.
        It's a great environment, I highly recommend this method of learning.
        I'm going to try and keep taking advantage of what Don the coach is offering, I hope to meet some more of you out there.
        Sorry to read that skeet is a science, not an art, doesn't bode well for me.
        Picasso

        P.S. Note to future classmates...I won't talk while you shoot if you do the same for me, thanks. A little distracting.

        Comment

        • #5
          ysr_racer
          Banned
          • Mar 2006
          • 12014

          It really is a science because of the repeatable targets. Got to any NSSA skeet field in America and the targets will be the same.

          Here's a cheat sheet:

          The lead at station one is one foot, at two it's two feet, at three, four and five it's three feet, at six it's back to two feet, and at seven it's back to one foot.

          Want something that's more of an art, come out and shoot sporting clays.

          Comment

          • #6
            Picasso2
            Member
            • Jul 2010
            • 116

            Originally posted by ysr_racer
            It really is a science because of the repeatable targets. Got to any NSSA skeet field in America and the targets will be the same.

            Want something that's more of an art, come out and shoot sporting clays.
            I'm just starting to walk (learning the basics, enjoying moderate success)
            and you want me go running ???
            Is that really good advice??

            Comment

            • #7
              bjl333
              C3 Contributor
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Dec 2009
              • 7010

              Originally posted by novabrian
              I graduated twice.Does this mean I have a BA in Skeet?
              Originally posted by bjl333
              Skeet is a science not art !!! Hmmmmm ...
              I meant that as Bachlor of Science. BS ... J/K
              Wanna learn to shoot SKEET? I am here to introduce all shooters to the sport of SKEET Shooting ....
              CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT >>> SoCal Skeet Clinic
              SKEET SHOOTING CLINIC
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                ChrisToad
                Member
                • Nov 2009
                • 329

                Hey all,

                I had an absolute 'blast' yesterday... ha ha

                Will definitely return for more. I'll post pics later on at some juncture today.
                Be safe, have fun.
                'CA Bears Target Shooters' on MEETUP

                Comment

                • #9
                  Picasso2
                  Member
                  • Jul 2010
                  • 116

                  Originally posted by ChrisToad
                  Hey all,

                  I had an absolute 'blast' yesterday... ha ha

                  Will definitely return for more. I'll post pics later on at some juncture today.
                  Chris,

                  It was nice to meet you. Not nice watching you hit everything.

                  You looked ready for competition already.

                  Please post those photos when you get a chance.

                  Joe aka Picasso

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    ChrisToad
                    Member
                    • Nov 2009
                    • 329

                    Pics!

                    20/20 hindsight... I will disable the 'HDR' function for next time. You can see some 'ghosting' on some images... thats because it was trying to take 2 separate photos and combine them for the best exposure.

                    Anyways, the good, the bad, and the ugly are all in here:



                    Originally posted by Picasso2
                    Chris,
                    It was nice to meet you. Not nice watching you hit everything.
                    You looked ready for competition already.
                    Please post those photos when you get a chance.
                    Joe aka Picasso
                    Ha, thanks Joe. Beginner's luck perhaps? I started missing towards the end when I think I was getting tired. Regardless, I'll be back!
                    Last edited by ChrisToad; 10-12-2010, 8:15 PM.
                    Be safe, have fun.
                    'CA Bears Target Shooters' on MEETUP

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      bjl333
                      C3 Contributor
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Dec 2009
                      • 7010

                      The pictures look great !!! Kudos to the photographer

                      Seriously, Thanks for putting them up Chris. I'll get more clinics together soon. I'll call Don tomorrow.
                      Wanna learn to shoot SKEET? I am here to introduce all shooters to the sport of SKEET Shooting ....
                      CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT >>> SoCal Skeet Clinic
                      SKEET SHOOTING CLINIC
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        ChrisToad
                        Member
                        • Nov 2009
                        • 329

                        Originally posted by bjl333
                        The pictures look great !!! Kudos to the photographer
                        Seriously, Thanks for putting them up Chris. I'll get more clinics together soon. I'll call Don tomorrow.
                        No problem! I would entertain taking this '101' class again as a refresher, and then sticking around for the '201' or whatever you're calling them I'll def wear shorts next time... wow it was a hot one out there!
                        Be safe, have fun.
                        'CA Bears Target Shooters' on MEETUP

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          bjl333
                          C3 Contributor
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Dec 2009
                          • 7010






                          Last edited by bjl333; 10-12-2010, 11:43 PM.
                          Wanna learn to shoot SKEET? I am here to introduce all shooters to the sport of SKEET Shooting ....
                          CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT >>> SoCal Skeet Clinic
                          SKEET SHOOTING CLINIC
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            bjl333
                            C3 Contributor
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 7010






                            Wanna learn to shoot SKEET? I am here to introduce all shooters to the sport of SKEET Shooting ....
                            CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT >>> SoCal Skeet Clinic
                            SKEET SHOOTING CLINIC
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              bjl333
                              C3 Contributor
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Dec 2009
                              • 7010






                              Wanna learn to shoot SKEET? I am here to introduce all shooters to the sport of SKEET Shooting ....
                              CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT >>> SoCal Skeet Clinic
                              SKEET SHOOTING CLINIC
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1