Other than your shotgun how did you like the class?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
So, how did this happen?
Collapse
X
-
You problem is with the barrel and choke tube. You mentioned the barrel was set up with thin walls, I am assuming from Briley. If I am not mistaken the thinwalls are not set up to shoot slugs, especially with a mod choke. Other factors might have contributed ... Did the barrel have other work done ??? Like lenghten forcing cone, backboring. Because all that and the tight choke/slug combo could've caused the blown barrel.Wanna learn to shoot SKEET? I am here to introduce all shooters to the sport of SKEET Shooting ....
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT >>> SoCal Skeet Clinic
SKEET SHOOTING CLINIC
sigpicComment
-
Yes the barrel had pretty much all the mods. Lengthen forcing cone and all. I think the life of the barrel was at it's end.
At the very least, my new barrel will not be touched, stock all the way. I was anticipating on opening the gas ports to cycle lighter loads, but to my surprise, all I had to do was put an extra O-ring, and all the 7.5 game loads cycled without an issue. I am sure my shotgun being older/well broken in, had something to do with this.
Thanks for the input, I'll keep everyone posted if anything else comes up.Comment
-
Don't forget to take that extra barrel seal out if you go to shoot a heavy load. Yell if you can't find the barrel you want as I finally got all my back orders of 11-87P barrels in. Only thing is they are designed for heavy loads and your 11-87 will not cycle the light stuff with one of these Police barrels. Of course at the factory armorers course the extra barrel seal was a no no and I have never told anyone to do that. You figured it out on your own.JD McGuire, Owner
AI&P Tactical
Remington Law Enforcement Armorer
Mossberg LE Armorer
www.aiptactical.com
www.tacticalgunslings.com
If you're going to a gun fight, take a shotgun. If you can't take a shotgun, don't go.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,334
Posts: 25,146,930
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,484
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 28531 users online. 110 members and 28421 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment