Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

ammo prices

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    bsg
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2009
    • 25954

    Originally posted by ilikeguns
    00 buck is always about 5 bucks per box. I usually just buy a box when I go to a gun store and just look around. It adds up after a while. When I see slugs for 3.99 or less (sometimes less) then I get a box of that instead.
    I gotta check this Miwal thing out though.

    i'm in the same boat. i hoard slowlyyyy.

    i've been picking up a few boxes of federal flite control every few weeks for future zombie elimination. somehow i've amassed 20 5 round boxes of it.

    Comment

    • #17
      Rigma
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2009
      • 988

      Wally for bird shot and was holding the same buckshot and not using it for a long time because cost. Then I found 00 Winchester Ranger low-recoil at a gun show for 15.99 a box of 25.

      Hoping I can repeat that and make yearly purchases of buck when I see a deal, then hit Wally when I put the long barrel on.
      I don't know how political I am, I don't get into all that crap....I just love freedom...
      -Kaziah Hancock

      Comment

      • #18
        BigDogatPlay
        Calguns Addict
        • Jun 2007
        • 7362

        Another vote for Wal-Mart for hunting / clays ammo. I picked up a couple of 100 packs of Remington sport loads for $20.97 each today at the Wally in Am Can. Same price as Winchester and Federal crap ammo, the Remington stuff is a bit better IMO.

        I get my buckshot and slugs either through one of the local FFLs or buy it online when I order other stuff from where ever. Prices on buck and slug are pretty consistent from one online vendor to another.
        -- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun

        Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

        Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison

        Comment

        • #19
          rromeo
          Calguns Addict
          • Sep 2009
          • 6981

          Price drop on the 100 packs? Ill check it out later.
          Never initiate force against another. That should be the underlying principle of your life. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

          - from THE SECOND BOOK OF KYFHO
          (Revised Eastern Sect Edition)

          Comment

          • #20
            cpt_majestic
            Member
            • Jun 2010
            • 231

            At my local Walmart I buy my 9mm and 12\20 shells, the cheapest price I found...38 special ammo at Walmart is more expensive, I usually go to Ammo Bros for that...
            Maybe it's just me, but I hate stupid people!

            Comment

            • #21
              audiopro74
              Senior Member
              • Jun 2010
              • 1779

              Originally posted by bjl333
              Wally World !! The Fed Game Loads are great for Skeet/Trap @ $4.76/box. The Win/Fed 4 packs are good too, and the prices just got lower to $20.97/4 box pack.
              [QUOTE=BigDogatPlay;4746106]Another vote for Wal-Mart for hunting / clays ammo. I picked up a couple of 100 packs of Remington sport loads for $20.97 each today at the Wally in Am Can. Same price as Winchester and Federal crap ammo, QUOTE]

              You guys are killing me. They are charging 24 for those same 100 packs up here in nor cal.

              I just picked up a shopping cart full at bass pro. Rem STS 6.49 a box, with a 2 dollar mail in rebate for a final of 4.49 each.

              00 I wait for the sales at big 5.
              Why is everything good???? Illegal, Immoral, fattening???

              Comment

              • #22
                G60
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2008
                • 3989

                Originally posted by BayAreaShooter
                big 5. They usually have competitive prices.
                I think you're posting from an alternate universe.


                My local wal-mart has the 100packs of target loads ~$20 as well. they also have some blue boxed federal stuff that is probably better than the bulk packs for about $4.67 per 25, so that ends up being even cheaper.

                gun shows are the best for buck/slugs.
                "Any unarmed people are slaves, or are subject to slavery at any given moment." - Dr. Huey P. Newton

                Comment

                • #23
                  resident-shooter
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2009
                  • 2777

                  I get everything from Walmart at the following prices:

                  5 Winchester slugs - $3.17 ($5.30 at Big 5)

                  550 round Federal 22 LR - $19.xx

                  333 round Winchester box - $11.90 ($18 at Big 5)

                  15 Winchester slugs (same as mil grade but with copper plated brass) - $8.4x (they go for over a dollar each at Big 5)

                  100 shells of 12ga Winchester/Rem/Fed #8 trap/bird shot ~ $22

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    BigDogatPlay
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Jun 2007
                    • 7362

                    Originally posted by audiopro74

                    You guys are killing me. They are charging 24 for those same 100 packs up here in nor cal.
                    Am Can = American Canyon, in between Vallejo and Napa, so very much Nor Cal. Yesterday it was $20.97 per 100 of Remington, Federal or Winchester. And they had a crapload of 20 gauge Remington at the same price.

                    I just picked up a shopping cart full at bass pro. Rem STS 6.49 a box, with a 2 dollar mail in rebate for a final of 4.49 each.
                    Nice pickup. Of course Bass Pro in Manteca would cost me the savings in gas to get there and back.....
                    -- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun

                    Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

                    Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      audiopro74
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2010
                      • 1779

                      Originally posted by BigDogatPlay
                      Am Can = American Canyon, in between Vallejo and Napa, so very much Nor Cal.


                      Nice pickup. Of course Bass Pro in Manteca would cost me the savings in gas to get there and back.....
                      Familiar with american canyon. Up there regularly picking up wine. Yep the fuel would make it not so worth it. We were headed over anyway for the free gift for cardholders (decent little chinese pocket knife). So it worked out good for me. Have to check the tracy wally, as no ammo here in alameda, for the 100 packs again. Thanks for the heads up.
                      Why is everything good???? Illegal, Immoral, fattening???

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1