Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
870 Heat shield
Collapse
X
-
Now that one looks good - from a good company as well, any other suggestions?Comment
-
"I had a Tac-star on my 870 about 12 years ago. It wouldn't stay put and didn't really shield much of anything so I pitched it.
They look cool, but kind of a waste if you ask me."
"+1.
I had the Tac-Star on my 870. After a while they can come loose, move a fraction of an inch forward, and you wont be able to slide the pump all the way back.
I would never have one on my home defense shotty for that reason."
Lets see.. 100% negative reviews of this product IN THIS THREAD... One states that it can cause the gun to become useless.. Looks like you for a good one
And did I miss the memo when Tac-Star became a "good" company? How are they "good"? DO they have friendly staff? Do they save hungry kittens from the streets? By "good" do you mean they are tasty? I sure its not there creap bolt on parts.. Because those are a pile of crap... Must be some other "good"1911.....Comment
-
Tac-Star is made by Pachmayr I believe, I have used some of their grips before and I was very pleased. Bro - I am doing research on heat shields - not having a pissing contest with you again. You have already stated your ideas on heat shields so why are you ever posting again? I would be more then appreciative if anyone had any other suggestions or input on heat shields. The way I look at it - it is going to be around $20, not a huge investment, if I don't like it, I won't use it. I always consult my fellow CalGun members before I make a purchase of something that I know very little about. Right now, Tac-Star looks to be better then ATI and requires no modifications to fit correctly. So that seems to be the runner up."I had a Tac-star on my 870 about 12 years ago. It wouldn't stay put and didn't really shield much of anything so I pitched it.
They look cool, but kind of a waste if you ask me."
"+1.
I had the Tac-Star on my 870. After a while they can come loose, move a fraction of an inch forward, and you wont be able to slide the pump all the way back.
I would never have one on my home defense shotty for that reason."
Lets see.. 100% negative reviews of this product IN THIS THREAD... One states that it can cause the gun to become useless.. Looks like you for a good one
And did I miss the memo when Tac-Star became a "good" company? How are they "good"? DO they have friendly staff? Do they save hungry kittens from the streets? By "good" do you mean they are tasty? I sure its not there creap bolt on parts.. Because those are a pile of crap... Must be some other "good"Comment
-
IMA-USA (the guys in Shotgun News with the cool military cartoons) had some re-pop M1897 trenchgun shield/bayo lugs a while back, I was gonna get one for my M12 for ha-ha's.
EDIT Here ya go: http://www.ima-usa.com/product_info....roducts_id/512
Last edited by rorschach; 04-27-2007, 2:16 AM.L.A. County
Mailed to LASD Hall of Justice: 6/27/2022 received:6/28
Check cashed: 8/22/2022
Livescan: 4/22/2023 DOJ 4/22 FBI 4/23 Firearms 4/26
Call for interview: 5/24/2023 Interview: 5/31/2023
PTT: 8/21/23 Training submitted 8/27/23
Call for pickup 10/12/23 Pickup: 11/8/23Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,753
Posts: 25,151,282
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,815
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 16488 users online. 87 members and 16401 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment