Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Benelli Nova Misfire

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    2Cute2Shoot
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2010
    • 1038

    Originally posted by Dirtbiker
    Is that you in your avi

    Benelli inertia driven shotguns kick hard, really hard. If you don't like the way that feels you should try a gas driven gun like a Benelli M4, Remington 1100, or a Mossberg 930.

    The Benelli the OP was talking about is a pump shotgun. He isn't having problems with cycling but when he pulled the trigger it didn't fire.
    Thanks for the info - I always thought all benellis were semi auto - even the ones with the pump action. I thought that was only for backup in case it was being shot by chicks who don't want the stock anywhere near their boobs

    And yes, that is a picture of me from last summer - shooting full auto!!! It was so much fun, but I think my dad went broke because of all the ammo I wasted!!

    Comment

    • #17
      Dirtbiker
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2007
      • 2810

      2Cute, it sounds like you were using a Benelli M3. That is a semi-auto with a pump as backup. Only a few shotguns on the market are like this. They have the pump to either help clear obstructions and/or to fire/cycle weak shell or less lethal ammo (rubber or beanbags)

      Welcome to Calguns.
      To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

      Thomas Jefferson

      Comment

      • #18
        BamBam-31
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        • Dec 2005
        • 5318

        Originally posted by 2Cute2Shoot
        Hi Wu dot, that 'above the armpit' area can be very sensitive for some girls! I've tried to find a place to put the stock where it wouldn't hurt, but I just couldn't! I think I'll stick with the 5.56. I can put that anywhere
        Tell your dad to invest in a Limbsaver recoil pad for his shotgun. It makes a WORLD of difference, especially for your sensitive parts!
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #19
          2Cute2Shoot
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2010
          • 1038

          Originally posted by BamBam-31
          Tell your dad to invest in a Limbsaver recoil pad for his shotgun. It makes a WORLD of difference, especially for your sensitive parts!
          I'll keep that in mind and make it a 'must' before I even think about trying to fire anybody's shotgun Thanks!

          Comment

          • #20
            Just-in
            Senior Member
            • Feb 2010
            • 2176

            Threadjack...

            Comment

            • #21
              hkusp9c
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2009
              • 690

              lol
              you should have put some hot babe's pic as your avatar.

              Comment

              • #22
                hkusp9c
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2009
                • 690

                oh btw any luck with the new shells at the range today?

                Comment

                • #23
                  Just-in
                  Senior Member
                  • Feb 2010
                  • 2176

                  On my way down right now wish me luck...

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    cgseanp1
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 4651

                    Not that this is any help, but I have a Nova and have never had any misfires.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Just-in
                      Senior Member
                      • Feb 2010
                      • 2176

                      Something told me go home look at this thing again. Is it normal to see the plastic inside the ejection port gouged to the metal along the path of travel by the bolt. I know my description is terrible I'm going to try to get a pic up but this is not normal wear and tear I'm guessing.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Dirtbiker
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2007
                        • 2810

                        Originally posted by Just-in
                        Something told me go home look at this thing again. Is it normal to see the plastic inside the ejection port gouged to the metal along the path of travel by the bolt. I know my description is terrible I'm going to try to get a pic up but this is not normal wear and tear I'm guessing.
                        No that's normal, mine has the same thing. Once your shotgun is broken in the metal rails will be fully exposed.
                        To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.

                        Thomas Jefferson

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Just-in
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2010
                          • 2176

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Just-in
                            Senior Member
                            • Feb 2010
                            • 2176

                            I know the pic is terrible but the gray area to the left...
                            Is this something Benelli could pin on me for not cleaning the gun before firing it first? or even for dis assembling it at all when I field stripped it?
                            This is terribly frustrating I doubt big 5 will accept a return either on a fired weapon.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              hkusp9c
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 690

                              I guess new set of shells didn't solve the problem huh?

                              where in the manual does it say that you MUST clean the gun first before firing it? You just have to call Benelli CS. Have them ship you a shipping label and have them fix it under warranty. Everything including shipping should be free since you bought it new.

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                hkusp9c
                                Senior Member
                                • Mar 2009
                                • 690

                                The picture IS terrible. You should at least mark the problematic area with paintpad or something.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1