Well, I sure know that weapon. I think Fjold has a great point about the LOP and the guys gave a lot of good tips. You are going to have to put some of these ideas together. If the problem continues try to get some other shooters with 870's who have other stocks to let you shoot their weapons and find the right fit. In any shooting like this the stock is every thing. One thing for sure, it is not the weapon so the stock issue is where to start. Good luck with it.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Beating my face up
Collapse
X
-
JD McGuire, Owner
AI&P Tactical
Remington Law Enforcement Armorer
Mossberg LE Armorer
www.aiptactical.com
www.tacticalgunslings.com
If you're going to a gun fight, take a shotgun. If you can't take a shotgun, don't go. -
I'm thinking your cheek is welded too far forward, too near the pistol grip. NOT due to poor shooting technique, this is of course a matter of stock fit. For a temporary fix see if you can shoot decently with your weld back an inch or two. If your line of sight is too low, maybe a tie-on raised cheek piece would help.Comment
-
I did that last week for the first time. i started getting slapped by my shotgun stock. I basically wasnt behind the gun. I had my head lightly lifted off the stock. Just wasnt shooting right. I wasnt hitting anything with any of my guns.
Make sure you got your cheek on the stock not above it where the recoil slaps youComment
-
Good advice!
Stock fit IS EVERYTHING on a shotgun. A $200 Rem 870 that fits, will give you better scores than a $30,000 Kolar that doesn't fit!
Another trick you might try, when you shoulder the gun, bring your trigger finger elbow out on a right angle to your body, and lean into the gun.
Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,334
Posts: 25,146,930
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,484
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 29454 users online. 105 members and 29349 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment