Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Beating my face up

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    aippi
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 2302

    Well, I sure know that weapon. I think Fjold has a great point about the LOP and the guys gave a lot of good tips. You are going to have to put some of these ideas together. If the problem continues try to get some other shooters with 870's who have other stocks to let you shoot their weapons and find the right fit. In any shooting like this the stock is every thing. One thing for sure, it is not the weapon so the stock issue is where to start. Good luck with it.
    JD McGuire, Owner
    AI&P Tactical
    Remington Law Enforcement Armorer
    Mossberg LE Armorer
    www.aiptactical.com
    www.tacticalgunslings.com
    If you're going to a gun fight, take a shotgun. If you can't take a shotgun, don't go.

    Comment

    • #17
      an actual gun
      Calguns Addict
      • Jun 2007
      • 5423

      I'm thinking your cheek is welded too far forward, too near the pistol grip. NOT due to poor shooting technique, this is of course a matter of stock fit. For a temporary fix see if you can shoot decently with your weld back an inch or two. If your line of sight is too low, maybe a tie-on raised cheek piece would help.

      Comment

      • #18
        Rob454
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Feb 2006
        • 11254

        I did that last week for the first time. i started getting slapped by my shotgun stock. I basically wasnt behind the gun. I had my head lightly lifted off the stock. Just wasnt shooting right. I wasnt hitting anything with any of my guns.
        Make sure you got your cheek on the stock not above it where the recoil slaps you

        Comment

        • #19
          TRAP55
          Calguns Addict
          • Jul 2008
          • 5536

          Originally posted by Fjold
          A cheap experiment is to try a slip on recoil pad. Lengthening the pull will move your face back on the stock and get it off the thin part of the comb, which sometimes bites you.
          Good advice!
          Stock fit IS EVERYTHING on a shotgun. A $200 Rem 870 that fits, will give you better scores than a $30,000 Kolar that doesn't fit!
          Another trick you might try, when you shoulder the gun, bring your trigger finger elbow out on a right angle to your body, and lean into the gun.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1