Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

New Mossber 590 variant: the 590S

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Cali-Glock
    In Memoriam
    • Mar 2005
    • 3890

    Not a fan of the forend, nor of the billboard on the side of the receiver, but like the overall concept. If I did not already own two 20" 590A1 Tacticals with Ghost Ring sights, I would be tempted to pick up the 590S version. My wife is skeptical about shooting 12 gauge shotguns - perhaps I should get her one of these, Magpull Stock/forend and a gross-lot of 1.75 shells. The Billboard on the side will be an easy way to distinguish hers from mine.

    1 Corinthians 2:2

    "Orwell was an Optimist" - Cali-Glock
    "May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds

    Freedom Week: March 29-April 6, 2019 // Freedom Day: April 23-24, 2020 - Thank you, Judge Benitez!
    NRA - Endowment Member // CRPA - Life Member (Disclaimer: Everything I write is fiction. I am just here to try out ideas for my to-be-written great-American-novel.)

    Comment

    • #17
      BucDan
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2011
      • 4063

      Any retrofit possible from Mossberg?

      Comment

      • #18
        k1dude
        I need a LIFE!!
        • May 2009
        • 15867

        Originally posted by eaglemike
        Some of us were using Remington 1100's to shoot the shorties back in the '90's. Worked fine. Maybe they weren't supposed to feed/function, but it worked.
        I'll have to try that with my 1100.
        "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

        "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

        Comment

        • #19
          plumbum
          Calguns Addict
          • May 2010
          • 5394

          Originally posted by Cali-Glock
          Not a fan of the forend, nor of the billboard on the side of the receiver, but like the overall concept. If I did not already own two 20" 590A1 Tacticals with Ghost Ring sights, I would be tempted to pick up the 590S version. My wife is skeptical about shooting 12 gauge shotguns - perhaps I should get her one of these, Magpull Stock/forend and a gross-lot of 1.75 shells. The Billboard on the side will be an easy way to distinguish hers from mine.

          I really like the short hogue stock on my 88 security, your wife might like a youth or 12" LOP stock, too.
          Originally posted by ysr_racer
          Please don't bring logic and reason into an interwebs discussion

          Comment

          • #20
            sealocan
            Calguns Addict
            • Mar 2012
            • 9956

            I didn't see it mention above but here is the company that makes an adapter for the Mossberg 500 series should be able to shoot those mini shells. ...

            Enhance your Mossberg 500, 590, or Maverick 88 with the OPSol Mini-Clip. Reduced recoil and reliable cycling of 1.75 minishells. Made in USA!


            You'll find videos on YouTube of this adapter working most of the time but I THINK it has to be removed if you need to shoot regular full-length shotgun shells. The good news is it's easy to install and remove, basically plug in and unplug like an electrical cord.

            It doesn't look like that company makes adapters for any other shotgun manufacturers.

            The last thing I'll mention is when those mini shells first came out I did see people reporting that they worked flawlessly in either their Winchester 1200 or Winchester 1300 model pump shotguns, which have a different lifter design that other manufacturers shotguns.

            I don't know if that's true because it's just something I read online but if you have a Winchester pump shotgun you might want to try that out before you buy a whole new shotgun like the Mossberg 500S that allows the mini shell capability.

            Comment

            • #21
              W.R.Buchanan
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2008
              • 3390

              As far as that evil "billboard" on the side?

              A piece of electrical tape would fix that in 15 seconds!

              This just doesn't seem to be a valid reason to dislike the gun.

              Randy
              Rule #1 Liberals screw up everything they touch.
              Rule #2 Whatever they accuse you of, they are already doing.
              Rule #3 Liberals lie about anything no matter how insignificant.
              Rule #4 If all else fails, they call you a Racist!

              It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,, It is how well you do what you don't know how to do.
              www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1